Molotov too good?

(henki000) #1

Sometimes it feels too good. Almost instant kill and long area denial. I have several times walljumped over flame pit, but then this small flame particle hits and I’m dead. When looking movies, you could assume buildings burning and fire spreading. Perhaps people running screaming while they are in flames. Now it’s more like mathematical weapon, where you protect certain objective by litting it on fire. I think molotovs impression should be more brute and smoky. This could be done by several upgrades like this:

1. Make damage slower and no damage until flames are lit
  2. Hitbox should be in more low level and closer to radius
  3. Spread fires in slightly larger area, with rng
  4. Lots of black and toxic looking smoke that block vision
  5. You could extinguish flames with explosives and have better chance revive burning victims

What do you think?

EDIT: Oops, this can be moved to weapon discussion. @Eox @Kirays

(GatoCommodore) #2

@henki000 said:
Sometimes it feels too good. Almost instant kill and long area denial. I have several times walljumped over flame pit, but then this small flame particle hits and I’m dead. When looking movies, you could assume buildings burning and fire spreading. Perhaps people running screaming while they are in flames. Now it’s more like mathematical weapon, where you protect certain objective by litting it on fire. I think molotovs impression should be more brute and smoky. This could be done by several upgrades like this:

1. Make damage slower and no damage until flames are lit
  2. Hitbox should be in more low level and closer to radius
  3. Spread fires in slightly larger area, with rng
  4. Lots of black and toxic looking smoke that block vision
  5. You could extinguish flames with explosives and have better chance revive burning victims

What do you think?

EDIT: Oops, this can be moved to weapon discussion. @Eox @Kirays

1. we already experienced how crappy stoker is before the flame buff
  2. you can long jump or wall jump it
  3. This, stoker flame should cover a larger area
  4. we dont need more red eye
  5. you can already extinguish flame with explosive

the thing is, afterburn was removed many patches ago, and its not as OP one trick panic shot like it used to.

it used to deal 30 dmg if you direct hit with the molotov.

(henki000) #3

@GatoCommodore

Red Eye uses infra-red, so it would block his sight.

(HadronZodiac) #4

Ive played stoker enough to agree, it has insane spread (almost a horizontal blast grenade) with very high damage, and good against evs