MK46 weak?

(Trestos) #1

In the last times i don’t see very much people running around with the MK46 but a lot more with Stark and Timik on Thunder.
Is the Mk46 too weak compared to the other weapons for him?

(azz_abdr) #2

IMO no, Timik is weaker for him both dps & recoil but better at closer range combat. MK46 is like Hochfir on steroid, a flinching/aimpunch machine. A lot of Thunder is using Stark because it’s the most op AR in game.

(watsyurdeal) #3

Personally I’d use it more if it had 12 damage, just doesn’t feel as rewarding.

(GatoCommodore) #4

its shit right now.

better use timik for everyting.

(Guziol) #5

It’s a fun weapon but everytime i use it i wish i was holding a timik or even k121 instead.

(Reddeadcap) #6

I haven’t played in a while, but if memory serves right, the damage of the Mk46 has some really low damage, even if it’s rate of fire is higher than other alternatives I’d pick a Thunder loadout card with the K-121. If it’s damage was between 12-14 I’d definitely take it.

(Eox) #7

@watsyurdeal said:

Do you plan to nerf rate of fire with that ? Because that would end up with this gun having the best DPS in the game (around 145, not counting abilities such as the Minigun). And if there’s anything the MK46 doesn’t need, it’s a DPS buff.

For additional information, MK46’s current DPS is slightly higher than 133 if I remember correctly, while K-121’s DPS is around 135. A gun that is far easier to use than K-121 thanks to the high RoF shouldn’t get a higher DPS than its harder to use counterpart in my honest opinion.

(Guziol) #8

I wish it had bit more range. I also wish there was a quickeye loadout for it.

(Terminal_6) #9

I only use the MK46 on Thunder, because I find the Timik and Stark uninteresting to use on such a tanky merc. It feels weak when you’re trying to spray a bouncing Proxy, but when you surprise someone around a corner with a dose of headshots it feels pretty effective.

(Reddeadcap) #10

@Eox said:

@watsyurdeal said:

Do you plan to nerf rate of fire with that ? Because that would end up with this gun having the best DPS in the game (around 145, not counting abilities such as the Minigun). And if there’s anything the MK46 doesn’t need, it’s a DPS buff.

For additional information, MK46’s current DPS is slightly higher than 133 if I remember correctly, while K-121’s DPS is around 135. A gun that is far easier to use than K-121 thanks to the high RoF shouldn’t get a higher DPS than its harder to use counterpart in my honest opinion.
Calculating DPS makes little sense in an fps, the Mk46 loses accuracy quickly due to its rate of fire and control, the K-121 has better control and a slower rate of fire and high damage.

(nokiII) #11

@Reddeadcap said:

@Eox said:

@watsyurdeal said:

Calculating DPS makes little sense in an fps, the Mk46 loses accuracy quickly due to its rate of fire and control, the K-121 has better control and a slower rate of fire and high damage.

Actually the MK-46 gets more accurate the longer you shoot it compared to other assault rifles / MGs.

(GatoCommodore) #12

i wouldnt call it strong, its only good for headshots

and with my aim, dont happen 100%

(Szakalot) #13

main problem is that it makes thunder considerably slower, making it too easy to get hit

(watsyurdeal) #14

@Szakalot said:
main problem is that it makes thunder considerably slower, making it too easy to get hit

Almost like, it’d be a good tradeoff if it had 12 damage

And @eox you’re not counting the first shot again

When you count that first initial hit, it’s about 143 dps for the MK46, the K121 is 153, with the damage buff it’d be 156, so only marginally higher.

(hurgya) #15

@watsyurdeal said:
When you count that first initial hit, it’s about 143 dps for the MK46, the K121 is 153, with the damage buff it’d be 156, so only marginally higher.

They could slightly lower the fire rate to compensate the notable increase in DPS, and literally no one would notice, it’s slower.

Still the ammo efficiency, control and general feel to the weapon would be better.
(It wouldn’t feel like just like the KEK-10 with 40 extra ammo/mag)

(ThunderZsolt) #16

@hurgya said:
(It wouldn’t feel like just like the KEK-10 with 40 extra ammo/mag)

I think the extra ammo capacity doesn’t justify both the movespeed penalty and longer reload.
Even if the MK46 has 3% higher fire rate then the KEK-10, I would prefer the KEK. (no, range doesn’t matter because both guns are way too inaccurate to be good at range)

(LifeupOmega) #17

MK46 isn’t bad. Stark is just better.

Doesn’t help that LMGs reduce movement speed more so than ARs.

(3r5h) #18

@Guziol said:
I wish it had a bit more range. I also wish there was a quick eye loadout for it.

That be awesome if they added a scope to the MK. since you can just hip fire in CQC

(Your worst knifemare.) #19

Say what you want, it be my most kills/minute weapon.

Bang and spray has its moments.

(HadronZodiac) #20

@Reddeadcap said:
I haven’t played in a while, but if memory serves right, the damage of the Mk46 has some really low damage, even if it’s rate of fire is higher than other alternatives I’d pick a Thunder loadout card with the K-121. If it’s damage was between 12-14 I’d definitely take it.

Agreed, a damage of 12 (headshot 24) it would be good. I get MANY headshots with mk46 and its never rewarding which is so sad ;c