[Merc] Pierce

(Fobiwa) #21

@Shinywindow dude I’ve seen your work and let me ask you… how dare you call yourself an amateur

(Fobiwa) #22

@“Grave Knight” well do keep in mind that this guy is a scientist not a pro archer, the only reason he is an archer is so he can stick in needles in his enemies body . Also his quiver is so small because it would seem really overpowered to have about 40-60 tries to hit an arrow that can deal up to a hundred damage and maybe even 200 after a few quick updates. But still thank you for your insight on the matter. Nice to see that you are thinking of this short of thing. The reload time will probably be lowered thanks to you.

(Fobiwa) #23

@GregHouseMD send me a link where that comes from and i might just ad that as exempel quote

(GregHouseMD) #24

It’s a quote from the DC series Arrow. :stuck_out_tongue:

(Samniss_Arandeen) #25

Amateur (Noun): A person attached to a particular pursuit, study, or science as to music or painting; especially one who cultivates any study or art, from taste or attachment, without pursuing it professionally.

Shinywindow is technically correct.

Yes. I’ve learned over the years to always call the right person for the right job.

Oh, and thank you. Mine is nowhere near as involved as Pierce is, but if @Fobiwa is interested, this is the “Mimic” that Shinywindow mentioned.

(Fobiwa) #26

Nah, thats so sweet, thank you @Samniss_Arandeen i will make sure to make some form of easter egg of mimic for you. We archer merc creators must stick together. YOU HEAR THAT @astoundingShellfish WE WILL GET AN ARCHER MERC INTO THIS GAME IF IT’S THE LAST THING I DO!!!

(ASTOUNDINGSHELL) #27

@Fobiwa ALRIGHT, count on me if oyu need anyhtinf for balance or sketching> i dont like Arrow mercs but if htere sognna be one it bette rbe balanced.

(Fobiwa) #28

[quote=“astoundingShellfish;104125”]@Fobiwa ALRIGHT, count on me if oyu need anyhtinf for balance or sketching> i dont like Arrow mercs but if htere sognna be one it bette rbe balanced.

[/quote]

Why am I suddenly starting to love all of you… cries all of you a river out of salty lovingly tears

(Grave_Knight) #29

If he’s not a skilled archer than I’d wonder why he would use a bow. Bows require a lot of skill just to be decent with. Might want to consider a crossbow instead (keeps to the core of the game).

As for the quiver size, this is why I suggest making it a power instead. Have it similar to the REVIVR only with the battery replaced with an endurance meter.

(Fobiwa) #30

Might want to consider a crossbow instead (keeps to the core of the game).

As for the quiver size, this is why I suggest making it a power instead. Have it similar to the REVIVR only with the battery replaced with an endurance meter.[/quote]

Actually the crossbow idea might be a good alternative weapon, or even stock weapon. So for those that want more aimed shots and magazines instead of just 1 shot per mag. But the bow will still be a thing, i said he wasn’t a pro archer not a bad one (well maybe) . But your help with this has been extremely helpful. Try to check out the updated version of this whenever i will write that. Like most people here you have been a great help. So thank you

(Fobiwa) #31

If he’s not a skilled archer than I’d wonder why he would use a bow. Bows require a lot of skill just to be decent with. Might want to consider a crossbow instead (keeps to the core of the game).

As for the quiver size, this is why I suggest making it a power instead. Have it similar to the REVIVR only with the battery replaced with an endurance meter.[/quote]

You know i might add a crossbow as an alternate weapon. It not a bad idea and might help for those player that want to have rapid fire. Also what I meant by he not being a pro archer is that he might not have won any contests but the reasons he enjoys the weapon to the point where he wants to take it into a gunfight is the fact that he likes shoving sharp objects into peoples skull. Will probably update his lore so there won’t be any confusion about that. Anyways thanks for your help. Will definitely consider your ideas in the update version of Peirce :smiley:

(gg2ez) #32

Wow. This merc has gotten more views than any other merc in this section in the shortest amount of time. Good job, man!

P.S. If you want, I can draw up some basic clothing sketches. I’ve done a few before but I’m not that good, I’d rate myself a 5/10.

(N8o) #33

I want some kind of character that can do bleed damage. I don’t know why, but it seems it would be cool. Maybe if his arrows did something like that, it would bring a cool change of pace into the game :slight_smile:

(RadicalMac) #34

Scientist with a bow? I could see a more technologically advanced gun rather than a bow with advanced shots. Like lets say, beam rifle?

(Fobiwa) #35

@gg2ez Thank you man, if you want to draw some sketches for Peirce it would really mean a lot. I honestly have no idea what i want him to like but there are 2 thing i really want him to have. Round glasses and an orange vest. Again, you guys are amazing for helping me with this

(Fobiwa) #36

@RadicalMac the reason he uses a bow is because he is a full blown sadist and seeing an arrow pierce makes his spine tingle a bit. In all honesty tho a merc with some sort of beam weapon would be a fun idea. Maybe I can have that as a second project but as of now Peirce will have all of my attention

(HunterAssassin5) #37

i kinda forgot for half a second how tracking works in dirty bomb, so when you mentioned the radiarrow and rad tracker, i imagined looking at a black enviroment for low-rad, and shiny skies as well as peppered shiny bits on the ground and walls for hi-rad. also the gas tunnels being shiny and trying to figure out which shiny bits are rad bits stuck on enemy mercs and which are just stuck to the wall.
then i continued onto the part where he cant use his weapons while on the rad tracker and then i remembered.
while a pretty smart way to track targets, its…kinda useless. because why would i want to know where a certain someone went? i just want to make sure no one trods over to the EV or bomb spot or flag-objective-thing.
well, for the last one, it might be smart to stick some rad bits onto the deliverable obj and watch its movements that way(if it actually works that way), but if im reading this right, it only lasts 20 seconds?
and that’s for the delivery obj. EV and bomb site dont need radiarrows and radetectors as far as i can tell. maaaaybe if you add the bit where you have to make out shiny and non-shiny and paint the bomb site with rads and watch for an outline of a non-rad person in the room, but that’s basically redeye’s IR goggles with some really big limitations. and it doesnt mark people.

(Fobiwa) #38

@TheRyderShotgun you kinda got it wrong dude. Say that you have been hit with radioactive shrapnel and when you are you can easily get spotted once Peirce pick up hid rad tracker. Tho you have given me an interesting idea on how to improve his tracking mechanic so thank you for that.

(HunterAssassin5) #39

your welcome i guess but again, the way this tracking system works, you mark specific individuals that are within the radiarrow’s AOE as it goes off, correct?

the radiarrow and radetector tracks specific individuals, which, again, is useful for tracking deliveries, but for everything else, not so much.

(i’d like to point out what comes next came up as i was typing, so dont get mad at me for not mentioning it sooner, sorry!)
HOWEVER. there is one way that it could help.
ill call it “painting” for now. basically, you paint, say, a doorway. it gets covered in radibits. people walk over said radibits and collect them on their boots. then he can track those radibits on the enemies.
saves on having to shoot at a group you can see, since recons are always squishy squishy.

(HunterAssassin5) #40

also, i’d like to ask a question, how can he not use his weapons when the radetector is active? im imagining using both hands to hold up some goggles or a tablet computer, but that’s boring.

traditionally, radiation is detected and calculated with something called a “Geiger Counter”. i had to google that. you point the detector thing at something, and it tells you how irradiated that something is. far as i know, there isnt a camera that can “see” radiation, unless you want to get smart with me and point out visible light is a form of radiation and we have plenty of cameras that can see light.

anyways, say he has 1 of those detector things on each shoulder for triangulation, and he has the geiger counter along with a miniature computer for the calculations to do the triangulation, tracking, and differentiating between radbits on enemies and other rads in the environment, all powered by a hand-cranked electric generator, and he just pulls out this giant hand crank going “ready, set, science!” or something and starts cranking, which would make a funnier reason for why he cant shoot while using the tracker.

this is a funny bit i thought up, since he seems like a funny guy. feel free to ignore this one, tho.

EDIT: okay, after a quick google search, turns out there are cameras that can see radiation. oh well.