{Merc} Lead Gen #3

(Nixrin) #1

Old Post

Old Gens

Gen #3
Merc Name: Lead - {I do not like this name but I could not think of anything better}
Class Type: Assault
Health: 90
Speed: 460 {With shield: 410}

Bio-
A disgraced footballer (soccer player) who valued money over sportsmanship bought some experimental tech off a Spaniard. He then used this shield tech to do his first job.

Ability 1-
Shield
Cool down- 20 sec
Shield health- 100
He has shield connected to his left wrist, this shield covers his upper body and head straight on; he also can also only use his pistol while using the shield.

Ability 2-
Nanite grenade
cool-down- 25sec
damage- |100 max| |min 30| |average 65| |direct hit 150 (but no spread to blast)|
Activation time (time before the nanites hurt the infected)- 5sec (2.75sec if direct hit)

Unlike Phoenix’s Nanites Lead’s nanites are program to hurt the infected but it takes time for that to happen so if the infected gets healed by any source within 5 seconds they will be fine. Since the nanites have been programmed to attack biological lifeforms they are unable to deal damage to deployables.

Weapons

Primary-
Blishlok
Hochfir SMG
SMG-9

Secondary-
Hoigat .224
Arevarov 9
M9

Melee-
Beckhill combat knive
Stilnotto stiletto
Ulu

Tactis:
Your shield only protects your upper body when standing up; try and post up somewhere and crouch down to protect yourself completely.
Remember that your shield only covers you from the front so do not rush in to enemy lines without your comrades, because you will still have three sides exposed to fire.
Your shield slows you down make sure not to turn it on to early, as that will make you a sitting duck.
Your nanites take time to deal damage so don’t run in right behind your grenade.

Fight Back:: If Lead has his shield deployed that means he can only use his pistol and moves slightly slower so try to rush him.
Lead’s shield adds more health to him so you should try and hit exposed parts of him, or get yourself to an angle where you have a clear shot .
Lead’s nanites take time to do damage so try and get your self healed.
Lead’s nanite grenade bounces off turtles shield so set it down before you start to repair the Ev.
There is no need to run away from leads nanite bomb if you are in a health station radius as it will do nothing.

More Info:

As with all mercs it will have to be tweak a bit to find a balance but you must remember that lead is not running around at that speed with a shield, he will be going at a speed of 410.
The pistols are all low power pistols with little recoil, but with tweaking better pistols may have to be used.
The melee weapons are short range type of weapons; they could be change.
The primaries are where I have the least confidence, the three I choose are just three sub machine guns… but could be change to other ones or even Assault Rifles but that just might be to much fire power.
Lead’s nanite grenade is only a rough idea and the numbers that I gave it are only starting numbers and will most likely have to be changed.

Appearance: Left leg should have brown cargo pant leg crunch up at knee height and tied off with grey bandanna, while the right leg has the pant leg wrap tightly around the ankle with a reflected band. The left hand should have the hand taped like footballers do it. The right wrist should have ball link chain wrapped around his wrist. He should be wearing a hoodie with the hood down, and have a hat in one of the belt loops of his pants with the logo that is on the Stilnotto stiletto on it. He should be Caucasian with slicked back brown or blond hair in a bun. He should also wear football boots.
Voice: The voice should be male and have a French accent

This is a much bigger edit then last time but a much need change to make the character more balanced, and I will most likely make more changes to him in the near future.Preformatted text

Gen #2
Merc Name: Lead - {I do not like this name but I could not think of anything better}
Health: 90
Speed: 460 {With shield: 410}

Bio-
A disgraced footballer (soccer player) who valued money over sportsmanship bought some experimental energy shield tech off a Spaniard. He then used this shield tech to do his first job.

Ability-
Cool down- 20 sec
Shield health- 230
He has shield connected to his left wrist, this shield covers his upper body and head straight on; he also can also only use his pistol while using the shield.

Weapons

Primary-
Blishlok
Hochfir SMG
SMG-9

Secondary-
Hoigat .224
Arevarov 9
M9

Melee-
Beckhill combat knive
Stilnotto stiletto
Ulu

Tactis:
Your shield only protects your upper body when standing up; try and post up somewhere and crouch down to protect yourself completely.
Remember that your shield only covers you from the front so do not rush in to enemy lines without your comrades, because you will still have three sides exposed to fire.
Your shield slows you down make sure not to turn it on to early, as that will make you a sitting duck.

Fight Back: Lead’s shield slows him down so try to rush him when you see him with his shield deployed and try to hit and open part of him.
Lead has less health then his shield and can only use his pistol while using it, so aim at his legs when he got his shield equipped as he can do only minimal damage to you.

More Info:

As with all mercs it will have to be tweak a bit to find a balance but you must remember that lead is not running around at that speed with a shield, he will be going at a speed of 410.
The pistols are all low power pistols with little recoil making the shield better for pushing then last time.
The primaries are where I have the least confidence, the three I choose are just three sub machine guns… but I did take a good look at the machine pistols but they just look to under powered.

Appearance: Left leg should have brown cargo pant leg crunch up at knee height and tied off with grey bandanna, while the right leg has the pant leg wrap tightly around the ankle with a reflected band. The left hand should have the hand taped like footballers do it. The right wrist should have ball link chain wrapped around his wrist. He should be wearing a hoodie with the hood down, and have a hat in one of the belt loops of his pants with the logo that is on the Stilnotto stiletto on it. He should be Caucasian with slicked back brown or blond hair in a bun. He should also wear football boots.

These are only small tweaks but I definitely think they are steps in the right direction

Gen #1
Health: 95
Speed: 460 {With shield: 375}

Bio-
A disgraced footballer (soccer player) who valued money over sportsmanship bought some experimental energy shield tech off a Spaniard. He then used this shield tech to do his first job.

Ability-
Cool down- 19 sec
Duration- 27 sec
Shield health- 200

Weapons

Primary-
Blishlok
Hochfir SMG
SMG-9

Secondary-
Hoigat .224
Arevarov 9
M9

Melee-
Beckhill combat knive
Stilnotto stiletto
Ulu

Tactis: Your shield only keeps you safe from bullets so you are better off not using it when you see a Nader, Fragger etc.

Fight Back: Lead’s shield slows him down so try to rush him when you see him with his shield deployed and try to hit and open part of him.
Lead’s shield does nothing against grenades or other explosives so use them against him if you got them. Lead has less health then his shield and can only use his pistol while using it, so aim at his legs when he got his shield equipped as he can do only minimal damage to you.

More Info:

As with all mercs it will have to be tweak a bit to find a balance but you must remember that lead is not running around at that speed with a shield, he will be going at a speed of 375 or less.
The pistols are all low power pistols to make the shield more of hold position type of ability rather than a forward pushing ability.
The primaries are where I have the least confidence, the three I choose are just three sub machine guns… but I did take a good look at the machine pistols but they just look to under powered.

Appearance: Left leg should have brown cargo pant leg crunch up at knee height and tied off with grey bandanna, while the right leg has the pant leg wrap tightly around the ankle with a reflected band. The left hand should have the hand taped like footballers do it. The right wrist should have ball link chain wrapped around his wrist. He should be wearing a hoodie with the hood down, and have a hat in one of the belt loops of his pants with the logo that is on the Stilnotto stiletto on it. He should be Caucasian with slicked back bwon or blond hair in a bun.
[/quote]

(Press E) #2

Interesting idea, but I’m not sure how well a slow tanky assault with pistols and low-tier SMGs would fit into the game. DB is very fast paced, and 200 shield HP really isn’t much. You’d realistically be better off just using your primaries, since none of those secondaries are particularly great.
Essentially all you’d be doing is stalling for time rather than adding a fun mechanic to the game before your enemy just shoots your shield down, or they just rush you with a knife or throw a grenade in your face. The only way I can see him being useful is bodyblocking teammates, but since he wouldn’t be able to see what’s behind him he’d only mess with their shots really. So really the only practical use for his shield would be bodyblocking people who’re doing an objective or whatever. Maybe if your aim was godly with the hoigat then tanking with a shield wouldn’t be bad, but again, might as well just use your primaries if you are.
Also not quite sure how the cooldown is supposed to work. Is it like, 19 seconds after it gets destroyed and can be held out for a maximum time of 27 seconds, or are you forced to keep your shield out that entire time?

I’m always hesitant about shield type abilities in DB since they tend to slow down the game and usually aren’t very fun to play. I mean, just look at turtle, the game is fine without him, his shield is more of an annoyance than anything, and he’s fairly boring to play.

I’d probably consider giving him a different main ability and using the shield as some sort of slightly nerfed secondary tbh.