[Merc Idea] Vex

(Dysfnal) #1

Name: Marie “Vex” Willard
Nationality: Southwest American (California)
Class: Fire Support
Health: 100
Speed: 435

Profile: Vex is everything you wouldn’t expect in a “California Girl”, possessing a knack for chemistry and for causing pain. After being kidnapped while on vacation in London, she killed her captors with chlorine gas derived from table salt and bleach, only to find that London had been hit by the Dirty Bomb attacks.

Primary Ability: Gas Canister
Cooldown: ~30 seconds
Description: Vex throws a gas grenade which creates a cloud of toxic gas with a radius of X. Rather than staying in place like the smoke grenade, it flows away from where Vex threw it (similar to skyhammer’s grenade) at a rate of 400 (skyhammer running speed). The gas deals similar damage to prebuff Molotov.

The gas cloud interacts with the environment, when it hits a wall or upward slope it stops, when it goes over a ledge it flows down, and when going down a slope it moves at an increased speed. The cloud is not affected by walls that block less than half of the cloud, and will pass through turtle shields. The cloud is neutralized by explosives, smoke, or a molotov.

Secondary ability: Ammo generator (it needs a nerf tho)

Primaries: BR, Stark, Sharc
Secondaries: Caulden, M9, DE
Melee: Beck, Stilnotto, Kukri

Vex is meant to push back a team holed up in a hallway or a small room as a mobile but limited area denial.

(LOL_Emoji) #2

could it be that us stole this idea?

(TheFpsPro27) #3

Before you did hundereds of people suggested to make a toxic gas grenade but developers refuse to make it. They think that a toxic gas grenade would be a combination of smoke grenade and molotov.

(Dysfnal) #4

This is intentionally different from those suggestions, and no, I did not steal it, if you’ve seen this exact ability before it’s complete coincidence I assure you.

This is not simple area denial like the Molotov, and hardly affects vision like the smoke grenade. This behaves differently from both of those, minimizing overlap

(TheFpsPro27) #5

@Dys[fn]al said:
This is intentionally different from those suggestions, and no, I did not steal it, if you’ve seen this exact ability before it’s complete coincidence I assure you.

This is not simple area denial like the Molotov, and hardly affects vision like the smoke grenade. This behaves differently from both of those, minimizing overlap

I didn’t say you steal it. It is actually a good idea but as i said before developers don’t want to make any type of gas weapon (even if it is unique like your idea).

(Dysfnal) #6

@TheFpsPro27 Someone else asked if I stole it is all. Anyways, I really enjoy taking abilities that normally wouldn’t work and changing them in little ways to remedy their issues. This was my attempt to do just that with a gas grenade. If this is still too much of an issue for SD thats not my problem.

(iNormal) #7

Holy shit, your ideas are same with mine. but with a slight difference

(Dysfnal) #8

Great minds think alike

(iNormal) #9

Here, check it out. This is my merc submission

(Dysfnal) #10

I see