Merc Idea - Scrub

(Xenithos) #1

[spoiler]This is mostly a joke, and if it existed, it would be powerful for those that can use it.[/spoiler]

Scrub (Donnie)
Class- Medic, Fire Support, Recon, Assault, and Engineer!
HP- 110.
Speed- 400

Profile-
“Jack of all Trades, Master of None” - Scrub chose the name Scrub because he could never actually succeed at anything. He was mildly useful from time to time, sure. But his aim was never the best, he didn’t really have any advantages over everyone else, and nothing ever… special… appeared in his dim-witted mind. But he chose to come to London anyway despite his myriad of struggles amongst the majority of the programs he tried. And yet, for some reason, he became very useful… in a general sense. He was in an accident on his way to London, and when he was repaired by Phoenix and Turtle, some of Phoenix’s abilities were trapped inside of his cybernetically enhanced body, and Turtle’s banged up job glitched something fierce, and his legs were able to refill ammo from the wasted bullets of him and his enemies.
He also sometimes has the ability to actually understand what he’s looking at from time to time, and sometimes he has godlike control over his mechanical parts, while other times he’s still the derpiest guy alive.

Ability 1 - Utility Swap - (it’ll say what he’s on next to the bar)
Cooldown- 3, 6, 9, 20, and 15(19) seconds.
Duration-
(3 seconds) -AMMO!- Every 3 seconds Scrub drops a magazine ammo pack on the floor. It doesn’t fill up the guns completely, but in a spare moment it’s quite useful. (This ability goes off automatically, and he doesn’t need a fully cooldowned skill to switch from this mode to something else. This mode’s ammo doesn’t drop until a full 3 second time-frame has passed.)
(6 seconds) -MEDIC!- Every Six seconds Scrub manages to actually heal people! He releases some nanite buildup from Phoenix’s trapped nanites that constantly regenerate in him to his teammates. The effect is rather miniscule though, and it only gives 25 hp to everyone around him. However, also during this time, he manages to steal a Defibrillator from someone and has it as his second ability. (Duration and switchability are same as the first, however, Defib is given immediately for use.)
(9 seconds) -RADAR?- Every 9 seconds, Scrub automatically spots all enemies in front of him for his team. This ability can be swapped on the fly, and its effect only goes off at the end of the 9 seconds.
(20 seconds) -What Engie?- When Scrub has Engie as his primary ability, he counts as having engineer speed for a 6 second duration whenever he begins doing anything Engineers usually get a speed boost towards. (He of course, needs a full refresh on his timer before he can choose to be useful in something else, or before he can understand what he’s looking at again.) Scrub however, doesn’t understand how he can be so useful, and after the 6 second timeframe he becomes disoriented for 3 seconds.
(15 seconds) -DIE!DIE!- Every 15 seconds Scrub has the ability to perform several actions instantly and better due to glitched robotic muscle memory, and it simply requires the activation of ability two. Upon the activation of ability two, Scrub can reload near instantly (60% reduction to reload times), moves 20 units faster, enemy hp bars are seen without looking, and his melee does 15% more damage on left swings for 4 seconds, he must wait the full 15 seconds AFTER the 4 seconds to use the ability again. And he must wait until it is fully recharged before swapping to another ability.

Defibrillator - Tactical Understanding - Robotic Frenzy
(Tactical Understanding is the activatable by default by What Engie ability use.)
(Robotic Frenzy is Die!Die!'s ability, it HAS to be activated by hitting the second ability key.

Weapons-
Primary- Crotzni, M16, and Timik-47 (All of the scrub spray and pray weapons)
Secondary- Caulden, Selbstadt, and Simeon (he thought a revolver would be cool, but felt he would shoot his eye out if he tried to use the Smith and Whessun.)
Melee- Beckhill, Stiletto, and Kukri (He for the life of him, cannot figure out how to use a Katana, and he doesn’t like bats)

Notes
He should basically look as average as possible, in civilian clothes (kinda like Arty and Skyhammer combined?) except that he has two fudging robotic arms, and partly robotic legs.
This is also largely a joke post. If they were to ever implement something like this, it’s close to the only merc I’d ever play (because it’s all mercs).

Kinda what I want him looking like:

(Orivar) #2

Oh hell no.

(SweetGenocide) #3

bruh, it’s a joke thread, don’t take it seriously, i could do that also <-<

(Xenithos) #4

LOL. Dude, it’s a joke. If this were real it’d be as frightening as the picture. They’d have to add real blood effects, etc. To balance out the mayhem this character would cause.

Edit: W-Wait, you know it’s a joke, because you Lol’d. :wink: I read ya loud and clear then. :smiley:

(Dysfnal) #5

Wait, seriously though, tone it down a bit and something like this could work, I’ll work on it and show you guys later

(Fyrix) #6

Even if it is a joke, that just makes me want to -1 is more than if it wasn’t. Not exactly the best idea for a mercenary ever.

(Xenithos) #7

I can’t wait to be honest to see how you make it work, yet be legit.

(Xenithos) #8

You’re joking right? This is simply a jack of all trades, how is that not a fine idea for a mercenary. People in real life are JOATs.

(Fyrix) #9

@Xenithos it’s a game. A “JOAT” instantly renders everything else useless. They’re are different heros/mercenarys to fulfill every role and so you can build a team with different characteristics and abilities to counter the others.

If you cannot see the insanity or stupidity in yourself if this is a genuine reasoned mercenary which you’d properly want added, you’re a lost cause.

(Xenithos) #10

[quote=“Fyrix;198612”]@Xenithos it’s a game. A “JOAT” instantly renders everything else useless. They’re are different heros/mercenarys to fulfill every role and so you can build a team with different characteristics and abilities to counter the others.

If you cannot see the insanity or stupidity in yourself if this is a genuine reasoned mercenary which you’d properly want added, you’re a lost cause.[/quote]

the merc IS a joke Fyrix. I’m saying that if a JOAT DID exist, then it actually wouldn’t be a problem, because he’s be able to dish out more support for his team than just only for himself. That’s why all of the abilities are area effect, etc. This merc is still easily counterable as he only has 100hp, though I didn’t design him to be real. Please do not insult me for messing around, I simply wanted to see why you thought a JOAT is bad, but your idea that fulfilling every role will be messed up is faulty.

(Fyrix) #11

Why is every blatant bad idea told to be a joke afterwards but even as a “joke” the author still argues the idea. Either way, I’m just telling you it’s a bad idea. Just my two cents.

(Xenithos) #12

Noted, thank you. Good day sir.
[spoiler]Also, if you READ the IDEA then you would have noted that it was told in THREE separate spots that it was a JOKE, it was not “told to be a joke AFTERWARDS”. The reason I “argued” it is because you were downright insulting when you said you would -1 it even more since it WAS a joke. An explanation (that’s ironic due to the quote above) of what I was saying: When I said “how is that not a fine idea for a mercenary. People in real life are JOATs.” I was trying to be sarcastic, and failing (as I found out later) because usually when I compare a game to real life I’m joking. But when you actually said that it would disrupt role balance, I was actually a little bit upset, because the merc (Scrub)I proposed shouldn’t have been able to do it. If you run a competitive game then you should have 5 slots for mercs: 1 of every type, and usually running two medics. Scrub could fill in the fifth role, so that whenever another role is a little broken, he can pick up on it. Anyway, I’m sorry if I came up as defensive of my original post. I’m not, I simply wanted to understand why it being a joke made you want to -1 it even more.[spoiler]

(Naonna) #13

May we get a ban on ‘joke’ characters? It makes my self-proclaimed job a bit difficult.

(Xenithos) #14

I’m confused, what’s your self-proclaimed job? Also, sorry for any lives I make miserable, it is not intentional. :sweat:

(SweetGenocide) #15

wew, this merc suggestion turned into an entrantainment thread. ./grabs some popcorn

(Xenithos) #16

@SweetGenocide You know it baby. Crap, I’m all out of bubblegum. :3

(SweetGenocide) #17

@Xenithos for some reason because of this thread i just remembered a WoW “i need attention” joke, idk why LMFAO.

(Xenithos) #18

http://memestorage.com/_nw/28/83137976.jpeg
:trollface: