Merc idea - Sabre

(Demonic_Muff1n) #1

Name: Valentine Rousseau
Nationality: French

Health: 100
Speed: 450

Former GIGN officer joins mercserv for a better paycheck.

Primary Weapons: M4A1, Hurtsall 2k, Stark AR
Secondary weapons: DE 50, Tolen MP, Holgat .224
Melee: Kukri, Stun batons, Stilnotto Stiletto

Ablities:

Health dispenser - (pretty much like javelins ammo dispenser but offers health instead and works in the same radius as it) This health dispenser dispenses health to nearby teammates at the same speed as sawbonez large health pack (couldn’t find specifics on his healing speed).

Shield charge - Sabre has a shield charge that can grant her a 40hp shield on activation and lasts for 10 seconds or if the hp of the shield runs out. This has a cooldown of 30 secs.

Defibrillators - you know what these are dont need to explain

(TheDorkyDude) #2

First of all I’d like to say that I completely disagree with the idea of a MEDIC without a reviving ability. Sure, Guardian has no real healing ability either but at least she’s able to revive her teammates. I personally pick medics so I don’t have to wait 5 secs every time I want to help up a team-mate, that got downed. You regenerate health over time but you can’t pick yourself up if you wait long enough (except Phoenix of course). So no healing-ability, okay but not great…but no reviving-ability, I don’t know if I’d even wanna play her. Her ‘Health dispenser’ is just a weaker version of Phoenix’ healing pulse. I don’t think Javelin does a good job at keeping her team topped of with ammo. And I bet the same thing would apply to a healer with the same mechanics. I don’t believe you can keep your whole team in such a small circle around you at all times. One nade is enough and pretty much half your team is toast. And because you don’t have a proper reviving-ability they will stay that way until they respawn. You could basically pick any other medic and he/she would a much better job at healing/keeping their team alive. As to her ‘Shield charge’ I don’t think raising your health by 40 for 10 secs is an interesting/realistic ability and it wouldn’t make sense (gameplay wise) to implement such an ability into DB. C ya

(rotermax1) #3

‘Sabre’ beeing something different of a medic is nice, but I see too many similaritys with already existing Mercs like Javelin and Phoenix (as @TheDorkyDude already mentioned). Furthermore giving a medic the SHAR-C is totally overkill and doesn’t suit a medics playstyle at all, considering you have to move alot to not die and at the same time heal you allies (what would be the priority for you as a medic, exspecially this one, with no reviving ability on your hands).
Shield charge and secondary weapons would also suit the ‘Assault’ class better (if any because weapon choice seems really random). Bye.

(MaddMann3) #4

Sabre’s secondary and primary works the same as my own character, “Rioter” all you did was change up his…everything. I dunno if this is by coincidence, or on purpose, but honestly, this isn’t a medic at all. this is more-less like Rioter that is remade. but OP.

(Demonic_Muff1n) #5

@TheDorkyDude said:
First of all I’d like to say that I completely disagree with the idea of a MEDIC without a reviving ability. Sure, Guardian has no real healing ability either but at least she’s able to revive her teammates. I personally pick medics so I don’t have to wait 5 secs every time I want to help up a team-mate, that got downed. You regenerate health over time but you can’t pick yourself up if you wait long enough (except Phoenix of course). So no healing-ability, okay but not great…but no reviving-ability, I don’t know if I’d even wanna play her. Her ‘Health dispenser’ is just a weaker version of Phoenix’ healing pulse. I don’t think Javelin does a good job at keeping her team topped of with ammo. And I bet the same thing would apply to a healer with the same mechanics. I don’t believe you can keep your whole team in such a small circle around you at all times. One nade is enough and pretty much half your team is toast. And because you don’t have a proper reviving-ability they will stay that way until they respawn. You could basically pick any other medic and he/she would a much better job at healing/keeping their team alive. As to her ‘Shield charge’ I don’t think raising your health by 40 for 10 secs is an interesting/realistic ability and it wouldn’t make sense (gameplay wise) to implement such an ability into DB. C ya

ok so maybe i’ll just change the SHAR-C with the M4A1, as for the abilities i dont really know what to do. maybe for reviving i’ll just put a defib, for the health dispenser i’ll make it work in a larger radius and maybe increase the healing speed.

(Da_Mummy) #6

With 100 Health
450 movementspeed
Healing like Sawbonez without Medpack management
A shield that protects herself and allies AND Assaultriffles as primarys

Is it just me or is this just a OP version of every medic combined.
No offence but this is just a straight bann everywhere.

(JJMAJR) #7

Math. Learn it.

On one hand I like the idea of a heavy medic that trades something for more firepower. On the other, this class is a bit nuts stats-wise and has the health/speed balance of an assault. (See Nader.) I think this class is too strong and you need to look at the other mercs and balance the numbers around them first.

(Demonic_Muff1n) #8

@Da_Mummy said:
With 100 Health
450 movementspeed
Healing like Sawbonez without Medpack management
A shield that protects herself and allies AND Assaultriffles as primarys

Is it just me or is this just a OP version of every medic combined.
No offence but this is just a straight bann everywhere.

well actually the shield is just for sabre and not for her allies as she cant heal herself with the health dispenser.

(Da_Mummy) #9

@Demonic_Muff1n
There is a reason why the heavy mercs like rhino are slow and fast mercs like proxy are flimsy.
Also the fact that guardian doesn’t have a healing ability, because it would be just too much for one merc. Every extra ability if it shields her team or not would just be the cherry on the OP-Icecake. I am always open for fancy concepts even if they’re broken at first (aka my first Cyanide idea) but I just can’t imagine a way to balance this mountain of strength.

(Mr.Cuddlesworth) #10

Her name is Sabre…she should use one

(Demonic_Muff1n) #11

@“Mr.Cuddlesworth” said:
Her name is Sabre…she should use one

military personnel dont need to have a codename that matches their ability, thats like saying sawbonez should have a sawbone

(Mr.Cuddlesworth) #12

A bone saw is a tool, wasn’t designed for melee. A sabre is though.

(JJMAJR) #13

@Mr.Cuddlesworth I don’t care about the sabre. Right now, the character itself is overpowered.

(CyberVonCyberus) #14

Do you even know how fast sawbonez medpacks heals you ? and she dispenses that amount of healing constantly ? you’ve gone out of your mind buddy