[Merc idea] Goliath

(Your worst knifemare.) #1

(Goliath)
Class: Assault
HP: 150
Speed: 380

Profile:
A defensive merc who sacrifices killing power for survivability.

Protective Armor:
Cooldown- 20 - 25 seconds
Duration- 5 seconds
Description: Goliath activates his armor which gives him a 25% damage reduction from all sources while also giving nearby teamates a 5% damage reduction at the cost for an additional cooldown time. Damage reduction can not be stacked. Buffed players will see a small shield symbol with a timer near their health and will have a transparent yellow on the edge of their screen. Everyone else will only see the shield symbol next to the buffed players name.

Primary:
Set one:

! Kek-10, Crotzni, Smg-9
Set two:
! Shar-C, Timik-47, M4

Secondary: S&W, Caulden, Selb .40

Melee- Beckhill, Stilleto, Cobat axe

Made with @Mr-Penguin 's Mercenary Suggestion Form

(woodchip) #2

One weakness with this idea is that giving up killing power for survivability isn’t much fun for either the player or his victim. Giving up killing power for UTILITY is less of a problem.

Stopping power vs. Cold blooded is a good, fun choice. Stopping Power vs Juggernaut isn’t as fun. The players fighting the juggernaut feel cheesed, and the juggernaut feels gimped whenever he isn’t dying. Perversely, the only time he’s getting mileage out of his ability is when he should be getting negative feedback from the game (getting shot).

Turtle doesn’t have this problem because Turtle’s shield gives a bunch of interesting utility to his team. But if turtle’s shield only worked for turtle he would be counterfun.

(Navypanda) #3

I think Rhino is already pretty much what this merc is but has killing power as well, with his largest health pool and Goliath means big and I reckon rhino is pretty big.

(Your worst knifemare.) #4

@woodchip said:
One weakness with this idea is that giving up killing power for survivability isn’t much fun for either the player or his victim. Giving up killing power for UTILITY is less of a problem.

He can give a small amount of protection to his team as well which can help change the tide of a fight by allowing some mercs to survive explosions where they would’ve died or give Engineers that extra second they need to defuse a close c4 plant.

Perversely, the only time he’s getting mileage out of his ability is when he should be getting negative feedback from the game (getting shot).

This is why that he would also need to time his ability to be used at a good time, unlike mercs like Aura or Turtle who can use their abilities with no downsides.

Stopping power vs. Cold blooded is a good, fun choice. Stopping Power vs Juggernaut isn’t as fun. The players fighting the juggernaut feel cheesed, and the juggernaut feels gimped whenever he isn’t dying.

I agree that 25% protection could be annoying to fight against so if i changed it, i would give him only 15% resistance for himself while raising teamates resistance to 10%. This way he won’t be as bad to fight as Rhino on a station, but he would still be useful for his team.

@Navypanda said:
I think Rhino is already pretty much what this merc is but has killing power as well, with his largest health pool and Goliath means big and I reckon rhino is pretty big.

While hes similar to Rhinos health, his weapons give him better range at the cost of less damage plus he supports his team as well. Also the name was to let people have an idea on how this merc works similar to Pheonix and his self revive.