Merc Idea: 'Beam'

(MrHaaax) #1

Stats
Name: Beam
Class: Medic
HP: 130
Speed: 395

Nationality: Vietnamese
Bio: A brilliant exchange medical student who has always been ridiculed by his peers for being, in their words, ‘a complete utter nutjob.’ Ironically him being so prepared for ‘the apocalypse’ saved him: using a prototype healing device he previously co-developed with a fellow student he managed to save himself and others from certain death. Now he works to feed his family back home, saving lives and taking them as he sees fit - being mad isn’t so bad after all, is it?

Beam is a frontline medic, bringing massive firepower on par with other assaults and capable of keeping them alive with his Healing Gauntlet in the heat of battle.

Abilities
1: Healing Gauntlet
Cooldown: N/A (Contextual Action)
Duration: N/A (Unlimited)
Beam wears a Healing Gauntlet on his left arm, capable of boosting a chosen teammate’s natural health regeneration and completely removes regeneration delay. Continually heals even if the target is damaged. Beam can use sidearms while using the gauntlet. Beam must be within 10 metres of a teammate for the gauntlet to work. Gauntlet provides a passive 40% reduction to health regeneration delay.

2: Defibrillators
Revives a teammate with reduced health and shielded for a brief moment.

Weapons
Primary:
Bulldog, based on the L86 LSW:
Damage per shot: 15
Rate of fire: ~532 RPM
Magazine capacity: 70

SHAR-C, Stark AR

Secondary: Caulden/Selbstadt/M9

Melee: Beckhill/Stilletto/Kukri

Notes: the idea is to create a pseudo-medic with assault capabilities (like how Javelin is a pseudo-assault with ammo resupply or Sparks is a pseudo-medic with a railgun) with a new LMG, the ‘Bulldog.’ Bulldog is meant to be a balance between the MK46 and K121, having moderate damage, moderate RoF (slightly higher than M4 but lower than Timik) and ideally moderate recoil/accuracy (compare to K121 with massive recoil/damage and MK46 with high RoF/low damage) and also the first British weapon in the game. (Ironic considering that the game is set in London and made by British devs.) Beam does not supplant any of the medics: his heal is meant to be slower than that of Aura’s, and being single target means healing a tank to full health takes significant amount of time, unlike Bones and Phoenix who can heal to max very quickly or heal a moderate amount instantly, respectively. Rather, his role is to provide one of his teammates with additional effective health amidst a fight, something that Aura can do but immobile, Bones and Sparks cannot, and Phoenix struggling should the target be under heavy fire. He’s significantly more combat focused as a result.

(Pegarex) #2

in all honestly, i don’t think this game needs a tf2 medic or a mercy like merc, which is all i can imagine when reading about your healing gauntlet… something along the lines could be interesting though, like if they had a 10 second cool down but could burst heal a team mate like any of the healing spells from any elder scrolls game… but on a team mate and not yourself… tbh i think that would still be very useful because you wouldn’t have to worry about your team mates running away from it like you do health packs

(MrHaaax) #3

@Pegarex said:
in all honestly, i don’t think this game needs a tf2 medic or a mercy like merc, which is all i can imagine when reading about your healing gauntlet… something along the lines could be interesting though, like if they had a 10 second cool down but could burst heal a team mate like any of the healing spells from any elder scrolls game… but on a team mate and not yourself… tbh i think that would still be very useful because you wouldn’t have to worry about your team mates running away from it like you do health packs

Fair point, I can see why Beam will be very familiar to seasoned gamers. But then again a tether heal (that isn’t super fast in this case as that’s Sawbones’ thing) is a niche that the rest of the medics have yet to fill. Your ‘burst heal’ is pretty much Phoenix btw.