Merc fanconcept: arclight


(Tempuralicious) #1

Callsign: Arclight

Realname: Alice Alastair

Nationality: British

Birthplace: Glasagow

Born: 1993

Type: Fire support

Health=90

Sprint=460

Primary skill: ADX-002 railgun

Secondary skill: Power supercharger smart armor (passive)

Passive: Deployable spotter (with raligun scope)

Primary: SMG ( signature Weapon fanmade ‘Pascal-90’ a p90 equivalent)

secondary: vary

Melee: light cutlery

Cheesy Line: “You know there is good aspect of being hit by a buffy railgun? it just wee bit hurt”

thankyou, check my art on instagram: Tempuralicious


(STARRYSOCK) #2

There’s a specific section for merc suggestions, but considering that’s kinda dead I don’t really blame you for posting it here lol

But it would be good to hear more details about this merc. Like, what does the railgun actually do? Single heavy damage shot with a cooldown, or just like a slow firing high damage AR?
Also, what does “smart supercharger armor” do? If she’s going to be a firesupport I assume it deploys ammo like javelin.

All and all she’s a cool concept with an interesting design, but in game she’d just be an overpowered combination of javelin and aimee, with a random SMG thrown in there. And after we just got a 4th redundant sniper, I don’t think most people would be hyped for another lol


(Tempuralicious) #3

actually Im quiet new here so i dont really know much about the forum, mind giving me the link to it?


(Tempuralicious) #4

yep it is designed like javeline, and the railgun is a single use with a cooldown. supercharge smart armor act as a cut cooldown to secondary skill like ammo bag, medic bag etc for every 5 second ish, im not really sure about balance and stuff but thats roughly what she do, and shooting down LAV and pinpointing deployable and mark them in the map


(STARRYSOCK) #5

@Tempuralicious said:
actually Im quiet new here so i dont really know much about the forum, mind giving me the link to it?

You can find all the categories on the home page for future reference, though most of them aren’t very active. This is the merc suggestion section

yep it is designed like javeline, and the railgun is a single use with a cooldown. supercharge smart armor act as a cut cooldown to secondary skill like ammo bag, medic bag etc for every 5 second ish, im not really sure about balance and stuff but thats roughly what she do, and shooting down LAV and pinpointing deployable and mark them in the map

She would definitely be overpowered, lol.

I think it might actually be better to split her into two mercs. Having a firesupport and medic ability in the same merc is crazy compared to what the other mercs can do, lol

Also ability spotting is a cool idea, but if it only works when you’re looking at it, you might as well just switch to another weapon and shoot it. Otherwise it’s only really practical if it somehow worked through walls


(Xenithos) #6

@STARRYSOCK said:

@Tempuralicious said:
actually Im quiet new here so i dont really know much about the forum, mind giving me the link to it?

You can find all the categories on the home page for future reference, though most of them aren’t very active. This is the merc suggestion section

yep it is designed like javeline, and the railgun is a single use with a cooldown. supercharge smart armor act as a cut cooldown to secondary skill like ammo bag, medic bag etc for every 5 second ish, im not really sure about balance and stuff but thats roughly what she do, and shooting down LAV and pinpointing deployable and mark them in the map

She would definitely be overpowered, lol.

I think it might actually be better to split her into two mercs. Having a firesupport and medic ability in the same merc is crazy compared to what the other mercs can do, lol

Um, actually from when i read that, it seemed it would cut down the cooldown of surrounding allies. But now I see how you read that. 0.o


(STARRYSOCK) #7

@Xenithos said:

@STARRYSOCK said:

@Tempuralicious said:
actually Im quiet new here so i dont really know much about the forum, mind giving me the link to it?

You can find all the categories on the home page for future reference, though most of them aren’t very active. This is the merc suggestion section

yep it is designed like javeline, and the railgun is a single use with a cooldown. supercharge smart armor act as a cut cooldown to secondary skill like ammo bag, medic bag etc for every 5 second ish, im not really sure about balance and stuff but thats roughly what she do, and shooting down LAV and pinpointing deployable and mark them in the map

She would definitely be overpowered, lol.

I think it might actually be better to split her into two mercs. Having a firesupport and medic ability in the same merc is crazy compared to what the other mercs can do, lol

Um, actually from when i read that, it seemed it would cut down the cooldown of surrounding allies. But now I see how you read that. 0.o

Oh, I must have missed that part. A cooldown reducing merc might actually be pretty cool, but then of course it would come with a load of balancing issues, even if it did only aply to support abilities


(HadronZodiac) #8

Im not trying to advertise, but this is the structure (or close to this) - http://forums.dirtybomb.com/discussion/39792/sabot-new-merc/p1?new=1

Also, i think this merc idea is wayy to vague to be even considered (no offense)