[Merc] Deacon

(Mr-Penguin) #1

“I’m not actually religiously affiliated. I’m only in it for the money.”

Class- Medic
HP- 120 HP
SP- 400

Profile- A Chernobyl survivor, Deacon was only a child when the city of Pripyat was evacuated. While he had no immediate symptoms, the radiation that entered his body greatly increased his risk of cancer. When he was 35, he was diagnosed with a terminal case of cancer. Determined to survive, he opted for an experimental treatment developed by the CDA that would completely purge his body of the cancer cells. While it was successful, the payment wasn’t quite as easy to come across. He agreed to work as a field operative for the agency that saved his life, and only a few months after the Dirty Bomb attacks occurred. Deacon was then sent to London, this time with a next generation radiation suit, to assist in evacuations and fight on the ground. It wasn’t long before the Jackals began to tempt him with bigger payments though, and while he’s still offically employed with the CDA, he’s willing to take any job opportunity he can.

Appearance- Wears a CDA issue radiation suit. A large crack sealed with clear tape is clearly visible on the visor, as well as multiple smaller cracks and scratches. The rest of the suit looks as if it has been used quite a bit, with dirt and other signs of wear and tear visible. Has dark brown hair and stubble on his chin.

Primary Ability- Decontamination Pylons (Decon Pylon)
CD- 15 seconds
Duration- 25 sec , 3 pylons up at once
Deacon pulls a pylon off of his back and throws it wherever he’s looking at. The pylon takes about a second to deploy. After it deploys, it will heal a single target within 7 meters of it for 20 HP/sec. They will prioritize allies with lower health first, then heal others. There is a short 2 second pause between each teammate healed. If 2 pylons are placed close to each other, then they will heal one ally for 30 HP/second. If three are close to each other, then they will create a healing field that will heal all teammates in the area of the three pylons for 35 HP/second. Healing is paused for 2 seconds by taking damage. Pylons from different Deacons will not stack.

Secondary Ability- Detonator
CD- N/A
Duration- Instant
Looking at a pylon and holding “E” for half a second will detonate the pylon, causing it to revive all allies in it’s splash radius to 60% health and heal nearby allies by 25 HP instantly, with another 50 HP gained over 3 seconds. The explosion will deal 80 damage to enemies in the middle of the blast, dropping off to 35 at the edge.

Tertiary Ability- Healing Touch
CD- N/A
Duration- Passive
Deacon can help up downed allies at twice the speed of other mercs and revive them with 50% health.

Weapons- Timik, Stark AR, BR-16

Quotes-
“Applying radiation treatment.” - One pylon deployed
“Decontamination field active!” -Three pylons deployed
“All three of you needed to be in a body bag anyways.” - After a triple kill

Notes-
Deacon is meant to be a longer ranged medic, proficient in corner peeking and providing long ranged healing by throwing his pylons to his allies like a spear. The pylons, however, only heal one target at a time, making it hard to heal himself in the thick of battle with multiple injured teammates running past him. The appearance came from the Chapel concept art I had found on the Nexon press section, and I thought that the suit shown would be awesome for a merc to wear. As for the pylons, I thought it would be interesting if I wove the Containment Shield into his backstory, so the pylons are small scale prototypes of the shield. :wink:

I hope you liked this idea, and if you have any feedback, just leave it below!

(Mr-Penguin) #2

Reserved

(ASTOUNDINGSHELL) #3

how about making him have phoenix stats? he does have ARs and he can use mulitple pylons and once also.

(wolvie) #4

This seems to be one of the more balanced merc ideas for a medic with ARs :slight_smile:

(Mr-Penguin) #5

Glad to know that it’s fairly balanced! Any possible changes you could suggest?

(gg2ez) #6

Wow, nice!

(Mr-Penguin) #7

[quote=“astoundingShellfish;96832”]how about making him have phoenix stats? he does have ARs and he can use mulitple pylons and once also.
[/quote]

I wanted more variety in the medic class’s health and speed. We already have two 80 HP mercs, one 100 HP, and one 110 HP medic, so I figured that a 120 HP medic would be a rounded out addition to the roster.

(ASTOUNDINGSHELL) #8

@derpypenguinz19 it is pretty balanced…i jsut feel that he should have a2 more pwoerfull statosn isntead of 3

(gg2ez) #9

Question: What does the name “Deacon” symbolise?

(Mr-Penguin) #10

I honestly have no idea. It was supposed to be “Decon”, as in decontamination, but I felt that “Deacon” had a better ring to it.

(Mr-Penguin) #11

2 pylons wouldn’t be enough. The way it is set up is fine. One pylon heals one person, 2 heals one person faster, and 3 pylons create a healing field similar to Aura’s station.

(RyePanda) #12

What about, to really differentiate this medic, you take away defibs you make it so the pylons will revive anyone in their range (after a period of helping up of maybe 3-4 seconds)?

(Mr-Penguin) #13

Interesting idea. I’ll have to think about that.

Also, thanks for commenting here in the Merc and Skin Suggestions section! We need more traffic.

(Mr-Penguin) #14

Changes-

• Removed Defibs and replaced it with a Detonator. Detonating a Decontamination Pylon will cause it to revive and heal all allies in it’s splash radius.
  • To compensate for having a revive every 15 seconds if the player wishes to conserve pylons, I’ve added a new melee weapon: the Shock Gloves. These deal 30 damage on a light attack and 100 damage on a fully charged heavy attack. These allow Deacon to help up allies at a much faster rate (passive)

Thoughts? Not sure if the Shock Gloves would fit Deacon’s character, so I might just make the help up bonus a passive ability and remove the gloves.

(ASTOUNDINGSHELL) #15

I like it

(Mr-Penguin) #16

Deacon’s playstyle and backstory (which will be added tomorrow) do not fit with the Shock Gloves though, as he’s not a a lightning or electricity based merc, but instead has a focus around decontamination. I’d want some more feedback before I make the choice, though.

(RyePanda) #17

Deacon’s playstyle and backstory (which will be added tomorrow) do not fit with the Shock Gloves though, as he’s not a a lightning or electricity based merc, but instead has a focus around decontamination. I’d want some more feedback before I make the choice, though.[/quote]

Why not make him an electronically based medic? I should probably make my own thread.

(Mr-Penguin) #18

Deacon’s playstyle and backstory (which will be added tomorrow) do not fit with the Shock Gloves though, as he’s not a a lightning or electricity based merc, but instead has a focus around decontamination. I’d want some more feedback before I make the choice, though.[/quote]

Why not make him an electronically based medic? I should probably make my own thread.[/quote]

I had a new idea for an electricity based merc. I’ll just make the help up bonus a passive ability.

(SpinnerzNQ) #19

Wow I was literally about to create a merc like this. Throwable health!

(Mr-Penguin) #20

Profile added!