Merc Concept: Cyanide

(Da_Mummy) #1

Ever since I red an article from Splash Damage that they want to bring in diversity in DB I have been thinking about an idea for a new stereotypic Merc, and since I call myself proudly “deutscher Bundesbürger” (German citizen) and since I always loved the stereotypes that existed for us I thought “What is the most stereotypic offensive tool that people associate with Germany” So I proudly resent to you: Cyanide, a filthy German Ex-officer with a questionable arsenal
Merc Concept: Cyanide
Health: 130
Speed: 410
Primary Weapons: -Ratman 88k (Mauser 98k a mixture of the Grandeur and the MOA)
-Grandeur SR
-MOA Snpr
Secondary Weapons: -Stickhandle 8 (Broomhandle/Red 9 hybrid of the Revolvers and the DE. 50)
-Selbstadt
-DE. 50
Ability: -Gas Grenade -> Once thrown emits a Gas for 3 Seconds that negates all healing or health regen for 10 Seconds and deals 100 Damage in the first three seconds (since the purpose is to disrupt enemy nests and the gas is visible and a small fizz is audible the 100 will never have their full damage done) -> 25 Second Cooldown
-Voltglove -> long ranged engineering ability to repair and defuse out of distance. Planting still needs to be done manually (nobody wants 5 Cyanides to spam C4 at the objective)

Role: All the other 3 Engineers are fairly short ranged with SMGs and Shotguns. All of them have to be decently close to the objective to fill their role and all of them are countered by Phantom with his annoying EMP-thing. Cyanides role is it to stay at a distance to get the job done. This is especially needed if the enemy is holding a hard objective in a tight area with Aura Stations Turrets and Shields. He can make those bottlenecks trouble and disrupt them for long enough for his team to make a decent push without the annoyance of infinite health cowards getting in their way. In Pubs he can just be a fun thing to mess around with a decent flush ability and an engineering tool to get things done for once.

As with most suggestions for Mercs I am always open for ideas and tweaks from anybody.
What do you think of the idea and is it an adjusted idea for the Game.

(Demonic_Muff1n) #2

ranged defuse and repairing obj’s is definitely op, trust me the fans wouldn’t take the concept of this merc too well. defusing from a distance is very overpowered on maps like underground, terminal and dome. Also the repairing is overpowered on maps like chapel and bridge. I mean it makes it way too easy, the point of manual repairing and defusing is too test your teams teamwork. this makes it way too easy especially the long ranged repairing on chapel where all you would need is for you to stand at a distance and have a squad protecting you. as for the gas grenade i think 100 dmg in 3 secs is again op. on top of that it negates healing abilities. decrease the dmg of the gas grenade to about 30 hp in 3 secs since it also negates healing factors.

(Da_Mummy) #3

@Demonic_Muff1n
thx for the input
I wanted to make it like Guardians glove or Sparkses REVIVR, maybe a cool down could help or make him a little slower than the other engies because he has the distance advantage but still faster than all the other mercs and give visual signs that he is connected to an objective. I don’t think it’s that broken in concept but I could be wrong
But sure I got the Gas Damage wrong 30-50 would seem fine

(Demonic_Muff1n) #4

@Da_Mummy said:
@Demonic_Muff1n
thx for the input
I wanted to make it like Guardians glove or Sparkses REVIVR, maybe a cool down could help or make him a little slower than the other engies because he has the distance advantage but still faster than all the other mercs and give visual signs that he is connected to an objective. I don’t think it’s that broken in concept but I could be wrong
But sure I got the Gas Damage wrong 30-50 would seem fine

i do have one idea for the voltglove when its defusing, one thing you can do to balance it out is too make the defusing speed much slower than the current defusing speed for the current engi’s. perhaps 2-3 times slower should do the trick

(Da_Mummy) #5

@Demonic_Muff1n
Since defusing normally takes 4 seconds for engies and 8 for everyone else I think going with 6 Seconds should work as for repairing the same going for a nice midleground.
And if that doesn’t work just go for a regular engineer :smile:

(Demonic_Muff1n) #6

@Da_Mummy said:
@Demonic_Muff1n
Since defusing normally takes 4 seconds for engies and 8 for everyone else I think going with 6 Seconds should work as for repairing the same going for a nice midleground.
And if that doesn’t work just go for a regular engineer :smile:

well its a start but looks good so far

(Da_Mummy) #7

Alright second try

“Name is Cyanide. Do not question my weapons”
Class- Engineer
HP- 100
Speed- 420

Once in your life you get the choice to cut either the red or the blue wire. One to safe an entire building of innocents and the other one to blow it up with a bioweapon to make them suffer for years after. Let’s just say if your GSG9 partner, that is supposed to help you, has the IQ of a slice of bread you are going to make the wrong choice. So, Cyanide got that over and is now working for Jackal with a new set of limbs and ready to share the pain.

Gas Grenade
Cooldown- 25s
Duration- 3s Once thrown emits a Gas for 3 Seconds that negates all healing or health regen for 10 Seconds and deals 50 Damage in the first three seconds

Volthand
Long ranged engineering ability to repair and defuse out of distance (a little slower than the other engineers). While using it Cyanide is connected via “electric lightnings”. Planting still needs to be done manually.

Weapons
Primary - Ratman 88k (Mauser 98k bolt action Grandeur SR)
- MOA SNPR-1
- Grandeur SR
Secondary - Stickhandle 7 (Broomhandle/Red 9 more accurate DE .50 with less damage)
- Selbstadt .40
- Smjüth & Whetsman .40
Melee - Bayonet (slightly heavier Stilletto)
- Beckhill Combat Knife
- Stillnotto Stilletto

Voice lines
“Grüße my friend!”
“Gas who!”
“Is ja peinlich.”
“Hold your pants, I got it!”
“Smells like dead cowards… and rotten eggs… for some reason.”
“If you had more brainpower than a bucket of lard I would be interested in your opinion.”
“Danke… I guess.”
“How I got my hands back? Because I had spares… and they called me crazy.”