[Merc] Barrage

(Mr-Penguin) #1

“21 gun salute, coming right up.”

Class- Fire Support/Assault
HP- 135
Speed- 390

Profile- Coming soon!

Appearance- Wears a full exoskeleton suit with heavy reinforcement on the legs sections. The right arm in particular is heavily plated with sleek black plating, as well as padding and cushioning on the shoulder. Multiple pouches are rigged onto the chest plating of the suit as well. On the back is a very large backpack, most of which consists of a large, 40mm smoothbore cannon that is attached to a robotic arm to lift it onto the shoulder. The cannon itself has multiple signs of wear and tear, a three round magazine, and a kill count scratched into the side (14 tallies)

Primary Ability- Shoulder Mounted Cannon
CD- 22 sec
Duration- 3 shots
Barrage pulls up his cannon up from his backpack and rests it on his shoulder. Pressing LMB will fire off a shell in the direction he is aiming. The shells have a detonation style much different than other Fire Supports and Assaults. Before impact, each shell explodes into 6 bomblets that roll on the ground for 1 second before exploding for 35-10 damage each. There is a 1.5 second “reload” period after each shot.

Holding RMB on a target location will activate a laser designator like Arty’s. After 2 seconds, the cannon will tilt upwards and fire off a barrage of three shells on top of the target location in a spread. Shells coming in from above will travel much slower (duh), emit a whistling noise to alert the enemy, and the bomblets will explode on impact and deal 1.5x damage to the EV.

Secondary Ability- Ammo Deck
CD- 10 sec
Duration- Instant
Pressing E will release a pulse that gives all nearby allies 2 magazines of ammunition.

Weapons- KEK-10, SMG-9, Crotzini
Quotes-
“It’s a miniature artillery piece. What’s not to like?”- Equipping Shoulder Mounted Cannon
“Duck, cover, and kiss your butts goodbye!”- Using high angle fire
“Could you at least try to dodge the shells?”- getting a Blast Master

Notes-
Barrage is my first hybrid class merc, due to the way his cannon functions as a direct fire and providing high angle fire support. The SMG primaries are to promote a more aggressive, close in playstyle, the cannon to weaken the enemy and then to finish them with the SMGs. I don’t quite know how balanced this is, so any suggestions will help!

Oh, and the appearance is kinda based off of Edge Of Tomorrow’s exoskeleton suit, but Barrage’s obviously has less weapons on it.

Thanks for reading!

(ASTOUNDINGSHELL) #2

i like it but i dont know about havin mutliple type of ammo

(Mr-Penguin) #3

I might remove the Cluster ammunition. I’m still not sure.

(HunterAssassin5) #4

I’ve thought about cluster bombs before, to be added to that list i made up, but my idea was a hand-thrown one, and i thought “nah, its basically fragger x5 or something”, but as a form of artillery/air support was something i didnt consider.

like shellfish said, don’t know about one guy having both anti-armor(tho HE really isnt the best to breach armor, but ill assume sabot or AP shells are out the question) and anti-personnel capabilities.

and imo, if you’re gonna remove one of the ammo types, the HE one should go. i mean, there are plenty of straightforward exploder peoples. nader, fragger, the unnamed merc that uses the rocket launcher…even arty and skyhammer to a point. the cluster shell could be made to be useful for clearing groups, but near useless against the EV.

(Mr-Penguin) #5

[quote=“TheRyderShotgun;105040”]I’ve thought about cluster bombs before, to be added to that list i made up, but my idea was a hand-thrown one, and i thought “nah, its basically fragger x5 or something”, but as a form of artillery/air support was something i didnt consider.

like shellfish said, don’t know about one guy having both anti-armor(tho HE really isnt the best to breach armor, but ill assume sabot or AP shells are out the question) and anti-personnel capabilities.

and imo, if you’re gonna remove one of the ammo types, the HE one should go. i mean, there are plenty of straightforward exploder peoples. nader, fragger, the unnamed merc that uses the rocket launcher…even arty and skyhammer to a point. the cluster shell could be made to be useful for clearing groups, but near useless against the EV.[/quote]

Never thought about it like that. In order to have some use against the EV, the bomblets would have to explode on contact only when they strike the EV.

It might work.

(Mr-Penguin) #6

Change Notes (11/4/15)

• Removed HE shells and Shell Change.
  • Bomblets now explode on impact when using high angle fire and roll instead of bounce when fired normally.
  • Ammo Deck reworked to act more like an “ammo pulse”

(Osm0sis) #7

hahah Read the “All You Need IS Kill” book. Anyways great idea…

(HunterAssassin5) #8

f*cken LOVE that series! really hate that they removed the giant ax from the movies.

(Grave_Knight) #9

Why only one cannon and not say two cannons?

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/gundam/images/e/eb/Rx-77-2.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20120308091738

(Mr-Penguin) #10

Never heard of the book. The idea came to me from a merc suggestion from long ago…