Merc and Weapon balancing ideas

(Jerre97) #21

If you’re gonna change the arty, I wouldn’t change nader as you need something to get rid of a health station for example. Wouldn’t say bushwh and proxy are bad tier either. I’d certainly not change the mines of the proxy.

I agree on the gun changes though.

Thunder’s flash should be longer cooldown as the one you suggested. You should use it to start a push, not flash every person you encounter. 25 sec cooldown and time you’re being flashed max 2 secs instead of 1.

(CyberVonCyberus) #22

for sparks what you suggested is simply bad as it promotes her as a self healing sniper rather than a medic

for snipers damage if you make it 1 shot kill all the time rhino will suffer too much and to be honest if you put all the snipers in god tier and still buff them, you are really biased

for thunder his hp is FINE and if you decrease the flash to 1 sec (WHAT THE BLOODY HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU ?!) his ability would straight up be useless as 1sec is NOTHING however cooldown increase i’m okay with

fragger he is fine except for his gun’s ADS being off center

6 sec for the smokes that last even longer than the cooldown ? are you insane or just biased toward snipers ? as a general rule of thumb: NEVER have an ability’s cooldown shorter than it’s duration

only change fletcher needs is his weapon switching programming, you are just asking to nerf him to the ground

bushwacker could use a buff in his ability cooldown

making mines invincible for 2 secs would do more harm than good as she won’t be able to throw it and instantly shoot it which is her only offensive capabilties (yes, it makes you salty to die from that, but if she managed to sneak close to you and drop her mine she deserves the kill, after all fragger does the same but without having to get 20 centimeters close to the ennemy and he only has to press one button)

NO DONT YOU F£&#££ DARE TO NERF NADER, nader is fine as it is, yes i agree she can in fact spam her launcher and do a lot of damage but if she does that she finds herself stuck with a 36 sec cooldown, bringing it to 9 sec is too much, skilled nader(it exists) will lead all of their grenade shots and try to do direct hits
if you call that unskilled you should try landing direct hits againsts moving targets and see by yourself

tbh an indoor cooldown buff for skyhammer would be welcome

and finnally you said that stoker was in the bad tier yet you did not give a sollution for him, tbh he isn’t BAD as he can completly seal a C4 with his molotov but yes if you are not actively suppressing the enemy they can just walk on the fire as the hp lost will regen in a dozen of secondes, but i would say he is good not bad

TL;DR: most changes you asked for are bad or unnescesary (sniper buff, sniper sparks,1 sec conc flash,nader nerf(WHY ?!)…)

there are a couple good ones like the skyhammer indoor buff and bushwacker buff

but to me you seem completly biased toward snipers, have a good day

(GatoCommodore) #23

lets just say the ones pushing thunder nerf wont be playing thunder at all if he ever get nerfed hard.

(Sorotia) #24

@Cam2g

To be honest I don’t know who you are…I haven’t been around the forums much in a while and I don’t know who :stuck_out_tongue:

Some of these changes make sense…like I agree with the Sniper thing…I’m so sick of being pot shot by body shots…newb snipers get a few kills and they think they’re actually doing something. This goes on and on and they ruin games and never even change mercs.

The Sparks nerf is stupid…I’m sorry but taking her unique ability away and forcing her to be a sniper with health packs is silly.

I can understand why you’d want to nerf the BRs…but why give them the exact same damage? They’re already pretty similar and nerfing their damage to the same amount will only just further homogenize them.

Nerf his Conc Nade and buff MK and I’d be fine with it.

(LifeupOmega) #25

I dick around with him now but never even use the conc and still do fine, so yeah, I would. I played him in his “bad” state, and now I just abuse the 170hp to avoid sniper bullshit.

(CyberVonCyberus) #26

to everyone who disagree with me on the fact that making snipers one shot kill on headshot is a bad idea

just think about it this way
the defenders on chapel have a ultra pro sniper on this long road with 2 mg and barely any cover

normally you would take a thunder or rhino to tank the shot while rushing for a flank and have a medic heal him

now with this headshot dmg buff it is impossible to do that, and rhino would become even less picked as he is the main target of snipers, but if he can’t take 1 headshot he is at too big of a disadvantage

(GatoCommodore) #27

[quote=“CyberVonCyberus;c-225057”]to everyone who disagree with me on the fact that making snipers one shot kill on headshot is a bad idea

the defenders on chapel have a ultra pro sniper on this long road with 2 mg and barely any cover

normally you would take a thunder or rhino to tank the shot while rushing for a flank and have a medic heal him

now with this headshot dmg buff it is impossible to do that, and rhino would become even less picked as he is the main target of snipers, but if he can’t take 1 headshot he is at too big of a disadvantage[/quote]

you rush to the other side together Tovarisch, Like How Russia Won in WW2, then flank.

(Dr_Plantboss) #28

PLEASE GOD NO

OK, fine.

[quote=“x3onn;d-36070”]
fragger: increase the grenade recharge time from 17sec to 20sec.
skyhammer: reduce the airstrike cooldown from 70sec to 60sec outdoors, and reduce the indoor cooldown from 19sec to 15sec.
kira: increase the laser cooldown by 5sec, from 50 to 55.

WEAPONS

MK46: increase bullet damage from 11 to 12 (headshot dmg from 22 to 24)[/quote]

PLEASE DO THIS

Sums up my thoughts.

Added, I think that Thunder’s flash should probably last about 2.5 seconds, not 1, as that would be severely underpowered, but it still needs some kind of nerf to effectiveness.
Bushwhacker’s turret needs either a rework, or a major buff.
END TO INFINITE EXPLOSIVES 2017! #nogrenadespam !

(x3onn) #29

[quote=“CyberVonCyberus;c-225057”]to everyone who disagree with me on the fact that making snipers one shot kill on headshot is a bad idea

now with this headshot dmg buff it is impossible to do that, and rhino would become even less picked as he is the main target of snipers, but if he can’t take 1 headshot he is at too big of a disadvantage[/quote]

I never said anything about headshot damage buff or any other buff for snipers, are you high?

(CyberVonCyberus) #30

yes you did you just said that they should multiply headshot damage by 3

(LifeupOmega) #31

Basic math. 50 x 3 = 150. Come on dude read a bit.