Memory is Weird...

So, for no apparent reason I finally realized why sitting in the Dirty Bomb menu gives me strong nostalgia and a sense of deja vu. This is some trance-like, nostalgia aura wave engulfing my body and warming my blood nostalgia, dudes. I figured it out.

The few seconds following the 1:30 mark on this here video:

Compared to the few seconds following the 3:39 mark on this here video:

Don’t hear it? Shut up. Maybe it’s not that similar, but somehow my brain recognized those noises and has been trying to piece them together. Such a relieving feeling to figure these things out. Okay, that is all. Late night announcement is over. G’night, heathens.

Edit: Uh, why did these videos both embed 30 seconds before the point I told them to? I don’t know how to work this sorcery. 1:30 on the DB video, 3:39 on the Gears video.

Double Edit: Playing them both at the same time just might induce a seizure right now. I think I’ll go to sleep with these both on repeat. Nostalgia wave grows stronger… I dig it.

(GatoCommodore) #2

note combination in music is not infinite.

minus all the combination that sounds horrible, you get some people getting the same idea for their music.

It’s that higher pitched, almost eerie echo or vibrating background noise that stuck out to me in my head. They seem to follow the same cadence at a lot of different points. But yeah, I’m sure there’s a limit to original ideas with music and all that. I’m just fascinated with the way our brains work lol. Haven’t touched Gears in at least 6 years.

(AlbinMatt) #4

This better be part of a dank Creepypasta.