Medic Stats request

(Protekt1) #21

[QUOTE=krokodealer;484797]did i say “as strong as soldiers”? nope.

current medics are uncomparable with soldiers (i am not even talking about Rhino).
take medics from from ETQW - they were weaker than Soldiers but they had much more chances 1v1 vs them.[/QUOTE]

I think soldiers might be a fair conclusion, but vs fops it is a pretty fair fight.

Still medics can beast a soldier down with good aim so it isn’t extremely slanted. I think this is a tough match up to balance appropriately without affecting the balance between other match ups too much.

Thunder is a freaking beast in the current version. Still medics bring a lot to the table that you don’t see everyone going soldier. So the balance isn’t that far off.

(DB Genome editor) #22

Or this:

No one is saying medics should be defenseless, but if you’re leading the charge as a medic you’re not playing your role. And if that’s what you like to do, why are you playing as a medic then? Why not pick a more offensive class instead where you’ll be able to do even more damage and leave the support to those that may not have the fighting skills to lead the assault?

(Glottis-3D) #23

i dont know how much in percents medic should be weaker than Fops or soldier.
we could have compared damage-per-second on different ranges if spread was similar.
but if spread differs a lot (this is subjective thing ‘a lot’ ) then we can only say - i feel that he is too weak or not weak enough.
Now i feel that both Sawbonez and phoenix are weaker than they should be.

to clear things more.
i dont want rambo medic chars. i totally agree that main purpose of medics is to heal mates etc.

(Ashog) #24

Well, it was indeed so before the last patch or two. But lately Thunder’s and Fragger’s guns have been buffed so killing them even with several headshots and good tracking in the current laggy gamestate is problematic. I have to play more to say for sure, but the first impressions are it is very unlikely now that a medic could outgun a decently skilled soldier. Generally. Ofc there are always exclusions. I hope I am wrong.

(Humate) #25

Or this:

Yes a medic can sweep and kill steal… that doesnt mitigate the fact that a less-frag inclined medic player doesnt become redundant because they get targeted all the time. Why would anyone play medic aggressively? When you structure your team, you need your best player to have the highest survivability to apply constant pressure on the enemy preventing the need for revives, you therefore offer them the medic role. You need your weakest player to play the objective role, because you cannot count on them to stay alive for either kill potential or reviving (you give them the engie role).

As for being at the back of the pack or the front, it makes absolutely no difference to someone that plays rambo medic. Their goal is to frag, stay alive while occasionally reviving. When your weakest player becomes the focal point its over for that player and the team needing their revives.

Why not pick a more offensive class instead where you’ll be able to do even more damage

Because they dont have the survivability of a rambo medic.

(Hundopercent) #26

Exactly my point. So why are we nerfing medics based on this data?

As for the other posts its not even about them being able to go toe to toe vs a soldier. Its how unnatural it feels to have to land 4-7 headshots on someone to score a kill. In addition, how much fun are you having watching your spread outline a body even when you tap fire? There is no feeling of accomplishment when you kill someone over 20m. Its whoever had less random spread and wants to burn a full clip for a kill.

Again the game feels a lot better within 20m. We need to get that same feeling after 20m.

(Glottis-3D) #27

agree with this. close combat feels right.

(Protekt1) #28

I generally agree that random spread sucks, but at the same time being capable of just prolonged bursts could equally suck. I think with the better audio it has become much easier to burst and keep your accuracy very high.

Medic really does have to outplay the soldier to win. Which does seem appropriate considering the 2 classes. But I am in agreement that perhaps it is maybe a little too slanted and hope that gap becomes at least a little bit smaller over time.

(spookify) #29

Release the stats!!

From what I say the best players where using Phoenix, some Saw and some LT/AR Guy. The stats they then used to nerf Phoenix were curved because of the top % of players. You have to also remember that a lot of testers are SD fan boys and we have played at some of the highest levels.

Phoenix was not easy to use! A good/pro player Phoenix going up a good/pro AR gun was a draw a lot of the time and the best shot did win. As Phoenix going up against the best players you need to land your HS or die. You also need to remember to move or die. Phoenix was hard however I wouldnt even say top 10 its was more like top 5 or 6 players really curved the numbers.

I beat the top 10 players for Phoenix had an acc around 35% - 42%… Headshots are hard to figure because of so many bullets shot! Im guessing 30%+ HS. Its actually felt right because if my aim was on that day I could get multi kills and rack off 14 or so headshots on a few people.

SD should have buffed everyone else. The game felt good and multi kills!!!

Release the stats. So the curve. And remember medics need to be able to survive or they are useless!

(spookify) #30

[QUOTE=strychzilla;484542]Can we have a stat pull on the top 10 phoenix players (after Sawbonez Nerf.) Highest KDR, Accuracy, KPM, Headshot%.

Can we also have the same stats pulled for Sawbonez pre-nerf.[/QUOTE]

Please release this!

(INF3RN0) #31

If your not on the list, how much alcohol will you have that night? haha

(spookify) #32

I might go buy some private stock Captain on the rocks and finish the bottle. A delicious WAAAAAAA TTTTTTTT FFFFFF! hahahah!

People have a lot more play time then me so their KPM and SPM will be higher. Their kills will also be higher because of so much more play time.

If there was a running total of these stats or a way to compare players or something that showed how I play and a way or area I can improve I would play all the time.

The switch from Saw (pre two nerfs ago) to Phoenix my game play tripped and I would really like to see the stats because I actually did play for awhile and to see how I compare with other shots.

Stats and killing people to release stress are the only reasons I play SD games. :slight_smile:

(Protekt1) #33

[QUOTE=spookify;484827]Release the stats!!

From what I say the best players where using Phoenix, some Saw and some LT/AR Guy. The stats they then used to nerf Phoenix were curved because of the top % of players. You have to also remember that a lot of testers are SD fan boys and we have played at some of the highest levels.

Phoenix was not easy to use! A good/pro player Phoenix going up a good/pro AR gun was a draw a lot of the time and the best shot did win. As Phoenix going up against the best players you need to land your HS or die. You also need to remember to move or die. Phoenix was hard however I wouldnt even say top 10 its was more like top 5 or 6 players really curved the numbers.

I beat the top 10 players for Phoenix had an acc around 35% - 42%… Headshots are hard to figure because of so many bullets shot! Im guessing 30%+ HS. Its actually felt right because if my aim was on that day I could get multi kills and rack off 14 or so headshots on a few people.

SD should have buffed everyone else. The game felt good and multi kills!!!

Release the stats. So the curve. And remember medics need to be able to survive or they are useless![/QUOTE]

Good cause the characters should be balanced in higher consideration of a high level of play anyway :slight_smile:

Not saying they should be nerfed though.

(spookify) #34

Maybe the stats can be our Xmas gift :wink:

Note: I really really do not like play stays of LT’s or Soldiers that is why I have always like SD games and Medics. Why all of a sudden change what they are known for.

(shaftz0r) #35

[QUOTE=spookify;484859]Maybe the stats can be our Xmas gift :wink:

Note: I really really do not like play stays of LT’s or Soldiers that is why I have always like SD games and Medics. Why all of a sudden change what they are known for.[/QUOTE]

i know you’re american. why do you type like a euro sometimes. it hurts my brain

(spookify) #36

It through people off… haha! I have good shooting, tracking and gaming skills however spelling… Not so much…

Plus, I dont proof read and it gets a good laugh and make people think wtf is he talking about hahahaha!

spookify Forum spelling guide:

who = how
how = who
through = throw
tho = though
with = how
how = with
thing = think
saw = say
say = saw
froum = forum
quite = quit
HS = ping pong balls
QQ = I just f^king rocked you!
v55 = I just f^king rocked you!
v51 = I just f^ing rocked you!
v54 = I just f^king rocked you!

yep…

Release the stats!! :wink:

(Protekt1) #37

Release the stats anonymously. No, better yet release them with social security numbers so I can punish everyone who is better than me.

There can be only one :penguin:

(spookify) #38

Stats please! Update from SD if they are working on this or dash our hopes so we dont have to worry about it anymore haha :slight_smile:

(Anti) #39

We’ll see if we can get time but pulling stats for individuals is very time consuming at present, Echo is generally there to find trends rather than focus on very specific users (in the long run we’d use a slightly different system for that), so the tools to grab that data and stitch it together don’t exist. It means a lot of manual work for us.

(Ashog) #40

But can’t this manual work be instead invested into making echo export neatly the various stats? And only then give us stats :slight_smile: