Medic Guide!!! Hope this helps :D

(Kristin_Cool) #1

Hey guys, this is for all players but helps with new players as well below! i have a tip of medics for y’all.
This works with all medics: Medics are not offensive mercs, you should make sure they’re are people in front of you before going ahead (especially sparks and aura) BE they’re to revive and help the other players to stay alive! who knows you could become on of the BEST Medics…Good luck!!.. OK so God Bless, and play dirty! -Kristin_Cool

(gg2ez) #2

Good start, but playing a medic efficiently involves much more than just being behind the team and ready for revives.

(Bestfinlandball) #3

[quote=“Kristin_Cool;22479”]Hey guys, this is for all players but helps with new players as well below! i have a tip of medics for y’all.
This works with all medics: Medics are not offensive mercs, you should make sure they’re are people in front of you before going ahead (especially sparks and aura) BE they’re to revive and help the other players to stay alive! who knows you could become on of the BEST Medics…Good luck!!.. OK so God Bless, and play dirty! -Kristin_Cool[/quote]

It helps, but it could be so much more…

(N8o) #4

A good medic pre-defibs and is ready for a team mate to go down B)

As well as good healing positions for station or medpacks.

(Backuplight) #5

Eh. Yes, medics shouldn’t be the first to push into a fight, and sure - try to keep your team healthy. But sometimes you have to just accept that the best way to keep your team alive is to kill the guys trying to shoot them. Playing medic offensively isn’t necessarily bad - dying needlessly away from your team trying to be a yolo solo player, however. Certain games, in tense moments when I trust the capability of my team, I’ll play super defensive medic - but that isn’t to say you can’t play it offensively.

Essentially, yeah - you’re right, don’t rush in first. But for medics, don’t feel like you have to just hold back twiddling your thumbs all game trying to snipe. Just play smart.

(ImSploosh) #6

You’ve never seen me wreck a team with my flanking-shotgun-Aura in Execution.

I’m like Phantom… with a shotgun.

(XavienX) #7

Definitely to the point…but this is more of a tip than a guide :stuck_out_tongue:

(SiegeFace) #8

That is like half of the battle when playing a medic. I have some tips, although not “Pro Tips” they are things I actually do when playing the medic classes which seem to work 90% of the time.

Pocket medding with say Phoenix (best one imo for this) is a great tactic. Pick a player who you think is actually going to ptfo (if playing alone), and just hover around him like the shells from mario kart while doing your offensive assault, making sure to keep the guy patched up and more importantly…vertical. Cant tell you how many times me + 1 random have shrekt an enemy team just by pocket medding, doesn’t always work though, but when it does…

Sparks, can sit further back with revive gun precharged, while your not anticipating a teammate to go down, you can try and go for them crazy headshots. Sparks is best played (my opinion I know some like to go aggressive with her so don’t hate me xD) in a heard but not seen fashion, the further behind the “line” you can be while still having a good field of view on the majority of your team the better. Makes it harder for the enemy to pick you off, and ensures you can be at the ready whenever one of your guys go down, in most cases though this is impossible depending on the map/area of map you are in so make use of your ludicrously delicious movement speed and go aggressive (preferably with other people in your team) just remember to time your runs…oh yeah and throw them med packs, they might not fully heal but can potentially keep your team alive in encounters.

Aura, Best played defensively again but also good to plop down a health station on attack at a common chokepoint within the map, dont selfishly use it to keep yourself or the 1 rhino alive, if you see a few of your guys holding a point in the map, make sure to give them the best gift an aura can give, the gift of life. Her low health pool makes her a liability with pushes but you can go rambo medic if you are fast and clever enough.

Sawbonez is the most versatile of the 4 imo, and can be seen more as a combat medic, good for supporting your team but also has great killing potential, cant really give any tips for sawbonez other than to maybe pocket medic, be mindful of your team, and to frag when given the opportunity, he is great for offense.

Also these things called defibrillators, they can be charged by holding the defib button the longer you charge the more health your teammate will get upon revive, there is even a “bleep” sound that plays when they are fully charged which indicates the player will be given 100hp (i think maybe someone can confirm this? as rhino/fragger/thunder dont seem to be fully healed when I do this, for good reason no doubt)

Another tip for Phoenix, don’t solo play him, and don’t self revive when you are surrounded by enemies, push with your team and only self revive if someone else on the team is distracting the guy who downed you.

And a tip against Phoenix, my personal favorite, as it is the very essence of dirty. When you Kill a phoenix and you think his self revive ability is not on cooldown, wait next to his corpse to self revive (you will hear a whooshy sound playing) and knife him as he is getting back up…hehehe… he wastes his ability and stops him from self revive for at least a minute.

Also if you have a few guys you tend to play this game with, A Sparks + 1 Other medic combo is the most delicious, sparks can sit back to revive and the other can keep everyone patched up.

(brennanfreak) #9

You really think I’m dumb enough to do revive myself in front of you?

(SiegeFace) #10

[quote=“ValkyrieHunter32;136156”][quote=“SiegeFace;136149”]
And a tip against Phoenix, my personal favorite, as it is the very essence of dirty. When you Kill a phoenix and you think his self revive ability is not on cooldown, wait next to his corpse to self revive (you will hear a whooshy sound playing) and knife him as he is getting back up…hehehe… he wastes his ability and stops him from self revive for at least a minute.
[/quote]
You really think I’m dumb enough to do revive myself in front of you?
[/quote]

Yes.

(Maddpadd) #11

Pro tip for new medics, the longer you charge the paddles the more health given to the revive.

(brennanfreak) #12

[quote=“SiegeFace;136149”]

Yes.[/quote]
Presses K

(Feley) #13

[quote=“ValkyrieHunter32;136159”][quote=“SiegeFace;136149”]

Yes.[/quote]
Presses K
[/quote]

I instead wait and take their time waiting for me to self-revive

(Talak) #14

[quote=“SiegeFace;136149”]That is like half of the battle when playing a medic. I have some tips, although not “Pro Tips” they are things I actually do when playing the medic classes which seem to work 90% of the time.

Pocket medding with say Phoenix (best one imo for this) is a great tactic. Pick a player who you think is actually going to ptfo (if playing alone), and just hover around him like the shells from mario kart while doing your offensive assault, making sure to keep the guy patched up and more importantly…vertical. Cant tell you how many times me + 1 random have shrekt an enemy team just by pocket medding, doesn’t always work though, but when it does…

Sparks, can sit further back with revive gun precharged, while your not anticipating a teammate to go down, you can try and go for them crazy headshots. Sparks is best played (my opinion I know some like to go aggressive with her so don’t hate me xD) in a heard but not seen fashion, the further behind the “line” you can be while still having a good field of view on the majority of your team the better. Makes it harder for the enemy to pick you off, and ensures you can be at the ready whenever one of your guys go down, in most cases though this is impossible depending on the map/area of map you are in so make use of your ludicrously delicious movement speed and go aggressive (preferably with other people in your team) just remember to time your runs…oh yeah and throw them med packs, they might not fully heal but can potentially keep your team alive in encounters.

Aura, Best played defensively again but also good to plop down a health station on attack at a common chokepoint within the map, dont selfishly use it to keep yourself or the 1 rhino alive, if you see a few of your guys holding a point in the map, make sure to give them the best gift an aura can give, the gift of life. Her low health pool makes her a liability with pushes but you can go rambo medic if you are fast and clever enough.

Sawbonez is the most versatile of the 4 imo, and can be seen more as a combat medic, good for supporting your team but also has great killing potential, cant really give any tips for sawbonez other than to maybe pocket medic, be mindful of your team, and to frag when given the opportunity, he is great for offense.

Also these things called defibrillators, they can be charged by holding the defib button the longer you charge the more health your teammate will get upon revive, there is even a “bleep” sound that plays when they are fully charged which indicates the player will be given 100hp (i think maybe someone can confirm this? as rhino/fragger/thunder dont seem to be fully healed when I do this, for good reason no doubt)

Another tip for Phoenix, don’t solo play him, and don’t self revive when you are surrounded by enemies, push with your team and only self revive if someone else on the team is distracting the guy who downed you.

Also if you have a few guys you tend to play this game with, A Sparks + 1 Other medic combo is the most delicious, sparks can sit back to revive and the other can keep everyone patched up.[/quote]

That was a very in depth and detailed guide. Glad you could elaborate on the op’s rather… lackluster post. I agree with all of your points and I’m glad that you mentioned that the defibrillators can and should be charged if possible.

You are correct when you said it’s 100 hp on a full charge, but if a player has the Get Up Augment they can heal an additional 30% (It’s down from 50% from the augment tweaking update they released). It was nice being able to revive a Fragger to full hp without having to follow up with a healing pack to top him off, but c’est la vie.

Here is the list of augments you should keep an eye on when considering a loadout card.

Aura, Phoenix- Healing Reach: 15% increase to size of healing radius

Aura, Phoenix, Sawbonez, Sparks- Get Up: 30% increase to health given on revive

Aura, Phoenix, Sawbonez- Extra Supplies: 20% Cool down reduction to healing abilities by 20%

Aura, Phoenix, Sawbonez, Sparks- Potent Packs: Increase the power of healing abilities by 20%

Sparks- Quick Charge: 25% increase to round charge rate

Here is an example. Sparks has a load out card called 383 Companion Agent. That card has Get Up, Quick Charge and Potent Packs. Three of the five possible augments that are directly related to medics and their abilities.

Splash Damage really needs to not only make the tutorial mandatory when starting up the game and playing for the first time, but also present the player with additional information. At no point in time does the tutorial mention that you can charge the defibrillators to not only give yourself more support xp, but also gives the player up to 100/130 hp when they’re revived.

(Kristin_Cool) #15

[quote=“SiegeFace;136149”]

Also if you have a few guys you tend to play this game with, A Sparks + 1 Other medic combo is the most delicious, sparks can sit back to revive and the other can keep everyone patched up.[/quote]

Hahhaha loll u really are against ur favorite… jk