Matchmaking

(misspo) #1

Hi, the match making is nice so far. But things are broken:
-No teamkill, please give us teamkill
-Plz limit the class people can play. Because playing as 5 uniques mercs…

Have a nice day.

(MissMurder) #2

Thanks for the suggestions! Friendly Fire will most likely be an option and hope to implement private matches sometime soon so you can enforce the 1 Merc rule :slight_smile:

(Zenity) #3

How do you implement it as an option for open match making? I would vote for just turning it on, that’s how we play competitive games after all.

(BomBaKlaK) #4

if we don’t have the same options it can be hard to find a game … for the moment match making is down, can"t create party anymore.

(misspo) #5

Hi, thanks :slight_smile: At least teamkill. But i know that limiting merk is quite hard to do in a matchmaking system. If DB was played by many more people, it would be possible de pre select a merc before looking for a pug. But at least for the moment, i think a limitation of 2 people with the same merk would work. I’m not sure how it would work… But because it’s a “competitive mod”, you just can’t play yolo style with 5 medics/5 rhino… :slight_smile:

(Aazhyd) #6

I totally hate friendly fire.

(coruscate) #7

Thats fine. But it is something that totally changes the pace of game you are not just spraying down a hallway and dont care what your mates do you cant just dance around the hallway whithout thinking. It adds so much to the game like “killrez”

(titaniumCrouton) #8

Why would you want to slow down a fast paced game?..

(coruscate) #9

What would slow the pace of the game down?

(Humbug) #10

Why do we still play without, if they do cups with it…
comp is pointless without ff

(Aazhyd) #11

As an option in competitive I don’t mind it, but keep FF out of casual, please.

Team killing is the worst that can happen in a game. Well, after hackers, of course.

(misspo) #12

Yeah, no TK in FFA but add it in competitive mod.

(Zenity) #13

[quote=“Aazhyd;21490”]As an option in competitive I don’t mind it, but keep FF out of casual, please.

Team killing is the worst that can happen in a game. Well, after hackers, of course.

[/quote]

Right, it should have been made clear that we are talking about competitive matchmaking. I simply assumed that from the context.

(Szakalot) #14

to give room to tactics & positioning.

The key point here is that individual firefights would not slow down in pace. But the time inbetween would. More posturing and setting up before going in, and less brainless spam.

(TstarKnight) #15

no ff! i’m having flashbacks of MAG plzo no!

(koekje) #16

Keep the FF off of public servers, just limit it to private matches or something. I really enjoy the game as it is at the moment and I don’t want to have it get pushed over by some asshat shooting grenades everywhere.

(Ardez1) #17

@koekje @TstarKnight They are talking about competitive matchmaking. Not the quickplay button for casual games. Casual will stay like it is as far as FF is concerned.