Maps with WORST Spawncamps

(TheStrangerous) #1

The title speaks for itself, obviously Terminal is my least favorite map for a reason (along many others).

(WATAMAN) #2

Not really the maps fault that I’m getting spawncamped. My team is just bad :smiley:

(nokiII) #3

Terminal is bad, but Underground is worse, because you can establish the spawncamp alot faster.

But real talk here, getting spawncamped is 95% the fault of the players who get spawncamped.

(Orivar) #4

I like to spawn camp but I don’t like to get spawn camped.

(LifeupOmega) #5

Underground is as bad as it gets. Defenders have Balcony? gg was closet

(Dawnlazy) #6

Honestly a lot of what gets referred to as “spawncamping” refers to defenders playing properly and guarding the area between the objective and the attacker spawn, which might feel like spawncamping but it’s really not quite the same. Chapel is a good example, there are clear chokepoints in front of the EV, yet a lot of people hang back and just watch from the bridge and its adjacent areas, leaving the whole area behind the EV open for attackers to get a stupidly easy repair.

(hoyes) #7

Underground by a long shot. It requires so much effort to push your team out of spawn when they are being stomped hard. One time I actually managed to win the game for our noob team(below lvl10) which were constanly moving into this level 50s mines by playong phantom. I completed the first objective by myself. I was happy.

(bontsa) #8

In terms of a real spawncamp UG definitely. Terminal isn’t even close, there are ways the situation around even if secondary gas tunnel is blown. In UG however theres the elevator-side balcony giving such massively strong view and coverage to the entire area Attackers have to waddle through its insane.

(Sorotia) #9

[quote=“hypnotoad;198185”]Terminal is bad, but Underground is worse, because you can establish the spawncamp alot faster.

But real talk here, getting spawncamped is 95% the fault of the players who get spawncamped.[/quote]

Oh? And it’s newbs fault that they end up fighting a team full of high level characters? Where a bunch of gutless wonders want a easy match so they spawn camp and all rush to say GG when the other team didn’t have a chance thanks to the smashing matchmaking it has and all voted no on a swap?

(Szakalot) #10

yup, underground 1st obj is definitely bad, its abysmal how easy it is to hold ammo balcony for defense

terminal is 2nd worst

trainyard, while not nearly as deadly, is sure annoying as fuck when being constantly flanked and shot up from all sides

(tominatorx) #11

[quote=“Sorotia;c-215428”]
Where a bunch of gutless wonders want a easy match so they spawn camp and all rush to say GG when the other team didn’t have a chance thanks to the smashing matchmaking it has and all voted no on a swap?[/quote]

You forgot the “EZ” variant of “GG”

(ThunderZsolt) #12

[quote=“Szakalot;c-218091”]yup, underground 1st obj is definitely bad, its abysmal how easy it is to hold ammo balcony for defense

terminal is 2nd worst[/quote]

Funny how both maps only recieved minor tweaks in the MOFO update - looks like the devs like EV maps (bridge, chapel) more. >:)

Although I agree that underground is the worst when the spawncamp happens, it requires good team coordination or at least a really good sniper to make that happen. I bet half of the players don’t even know that you can jump there from the top of the extractor fan control house.

[quote=“hypnotoad;c-198185”]Terminal is bad, but Underground is worse, because you can establish the spawncamp alot faster.

But real talk here, getting spawncamped is 95% the fault of the players who get spawncamped.[/quote]

I have no competitive experience, but I’ve seen underground spawncamped only 2 times. On the other hand, I’ve had multiple stopwatch games on terminal, where both rounds the defenders rushed the tunnel pump generator, and the rest of the time the attackers were trying to get out.
Snipers in front of the spawn on the top of the large stairs, health station in the generator house, where it is connected to the other house with steel beems is not impossible, but hard to break through. Snipers can spot the attackers, to flank the snipers the attackers must cross open areas, while the defenders have the high ground, and

(TerrorLTZ) #13

Snipers in front of the spawn on the top of the large stairs, health station in the generator house, where it is connected to the other house with steel beems is not impossible, but hard to break through. Snipers can spot the attackers, to flank the snipers the attackers must cross open areas, while the defenders have the high ground.

i do this every time i play on terminal, Rush Generator Blew it up, then defend the only 2 routes the Attackers have. a few u can just push from stairs or the pipes (jump from black car to them.

But not everyone knows the “underground route” on Terminal exist.

(Steve_Harvey) #14

Self-explanitory.

(Ptiloui) #15

Only been spawncamped in Chapel and Underground. But Underground is really the most painful. Defenders can control the only two routes from only one point.