Mapbased Playerskins

(ischbinz) #21

just a little update:

BETA 2
Improved readme
Optimized for NQ 1.2.9
Added New Hat for Axis Medic - level 9 Medic = Helmet
Added Helmet Armour for Axis Soldier = Gasmasc - can be changed back with changing the skinfile
Added Helmer Armour for Allied Soldier = Normal Armour
officercabs for other level 9 classes
Added NQ BAckpacks for Soldier, Medic, Engy
Added Belt for Coverts
Added Modular Beltsystem for Allied - 10 different models, 5 for each side (chooseable with the player .skin files)
Added Modular Beltsystem for Axis - 7 different models, 3 for each side 1 for center (chooseable with the player .skin files)

new version - this one is not longer downloadable
www.ischbinz.de/mods/z_playermodels_B02.pk3

(IndyJones) #22

talking about player skins/models…
does anyone know if there are any ‘modern’ skins or models availabe for et? something like navy seals, marines, ‘terrorists’ etc

(BackSnip3) #23

I don’t think so Indyjones, maybe if I got time someday I’ll make some…

Btw Ischbinz I got an updated model for my allied soldiers…hope I can give it to you :slight_smile:
And you still need to FIX the normals on the playermodels,they still receive no directional lighting!

(UJERebel) #24

[QUOTE=IndyJones;249738]talking about player skins/models…
does anyone know if there are any ‘modern’ skins or models availabe for et? something like navy seals, marines, ‘terrorists’ etc[/QUOTE]

Wanst there some mod with demons vs Swat, maybe swat is good for you?
(ask permission first ofc :slight_smile: )

Grtz

(IndyJones) #25

i can’t find anything, do u have a link?

(UJERebel) #26

http://returntocastlewolfenstein.filefront.com/file/Madkillers_Swat_Mod;37256

maybe this, havent looked
firsts hit on search :slight_smile:

(ischbinz) #27

Sorry i was fully conzentradet in improving the current version
so i forgot bugfixing :frowning:

but here is the fixed one - the other is not longer downloadable

BETA 2.1
Fixed Normals
Fixed Wrong Shader Paths

http://www.ischbinz.de/mods/z_playermodels_B021.pk3

(kamikazee) #28

Nicely done.

It would work with the default playermodels if we could get it into some mod codebase. For example, I know FalckonET used to read some map-specific setting from the worldspawn entity to decide which player skins to pick…

(Rampag3) #29

Great PK3! One of the best I’ve ever seen! :smiley:

Its going to be very useful on my server, and by the way, it its possible to add other stuffs on the pk3, I’ve put a beret in the place of the medic helmet and worked fine ^^

There are only one thing that is missing on the shader:

models/players/temperate/axis/axis_elite
{
cull none
nocompress
nomipmaps
nopicmip
{
map models/players/temperate/axis/axis_elite.jpg
rgbGen lightingDiffuse
}
}

Regards,
Rampag3

(ischbinz) #30

little update -
works now with et-xreal and etmain

just the etx scripts added
and the .skin files changed

download here:
http://www.ischbinz.de/mods/z_playermodels_B03_ETX.pk3

post bugs here, not in xreal topic!

(KeMoN) #31

Thanks for updating your work ischbinz. I still hope that mapbased playerskins will be implemented to XReal. Would easy things up!

(Mateos) #32

Sorry for the question, but what is the aim of this package? The first post is only a changelog, and since currently I’ve a too bad connection to download anything but interested in it, I would like to know :confused:

Change the model depending on the map weather (Snow, temperate, sand)? And the XP level?

(ischbinz) #33

ya - with this pack you re able to change the skins depending on the weather.
you can change the beltstuff too with it - modular system just call them with the .skin files.

how to make it ? - add the remapshaderstuff to the serversided mapscript, so it works with all maps

how it is realized? modified the uvmaps of all needed models (only the head is still the same) to 1 texture for each team
made 1 big texture with all needed parts for each team (in 4 versions - winter, desert, summer, axis elite)

contains mapscripts for oasis, fueldump, radar, goldrush, battery, railgun - for et and etx - the version 2_1 works perfectly with nq 1.2.9

(Mateos) #34

Thanks for the details! I’ve read yesterday the way ETPro scripts work to add/edit an entity, and I had no clue about the remapshader stuff except for Tank/Truck/rocks.

(ischbinz) #35

in theory you could remap all shaders in the game
but
et remapshaders are limited - thats why i did the modified models…

(mortis) #36

Wow, well done.