Map Preference Poll - v41588

(ToonBE) #21

Dome is the best atm

(Glottis-3D) #22

yes, and the thing is, that It is not good on any stage.

(prophett) #23

Surprised Terminal is scoring so high. I really like the second stage but still wish there were more playable areas (balcony + catwalk return). The first stage feels congested to me and could use some improvements - bump forward flag to sensible/contestable area at top of stairs or in apartment courtyard (the one that is opened up for the TDM mode), and have an option for the defenders to fall back behind the wall (as mentioned in another recent thread).

Despite Dome’s many flaws, I still rank it right behind Chapel (which also needs major improvements to the final phase).

Trainyard, but ONLY the last stage!

Why?

Well, it ACTUALLY reminds me of good W:ET map design! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: Great job there!

(tokamak) #25

Agreed. It’s the last Trainyard stage and the first Dome stage that approximate ET quality.

(Glottis-3D) #26

yay! so we finally come closer to the quality of the…12 years’ old game!!
on 2.5 stages from 6 maps

(Mustang) #27

Underground is a corridor.

Trainyard and Whitechapel have enemies that spawn at the objective with a massive travel time for attack.

They are far from perfect, but I voted for Dome and Terminal this time around.

Although Bridge-Alt would probably knock Terminal off the top 2 spot due to Terminal first defenders spawn being a bit too close to the objective and Bridge having more routes, verticality, angles and a better layout in general.

I also really want to love Whitechapel, but that last objective needs some tweaking. Trainyard second objective works fine, the other two need work.

(titan) #28

[QUOTE=Mustang;519800]Underground is a corridor.

Trainyard and Whitechapel have enemies that spawn at the objective with a massive travel time for attack.

They are far from perfect, but I voted for Dome and Terminal this time around.

Although Bridge-Alt would probably knock Terminal off the top 2 spot due to Terminal first defenders spawn being a bit too close to the objective and Bridge having more routes, verticality, angles and a better layout in general.

I also really want to love Whitechapel, but that last objective needs some tweaking. Trainyard second objective works fine, the other two need work.[/QUOTE]

basically my exact thoughts also

(spookify) #29

Alt Bridge coming back next patch? 5v5 SW would be epic!

The end needs to be a little better because it was like the last stage of train… Sit and hold down and delivery. I like the insta delivers but with proxy being so much faster the timed delivery is needed.

Two Questions to SD:

#1) Is there any other method you are thinking of for delivery?
Example:
ET was Instant
DB is Timed
Any other Method? Try to think outside the Box?

Important Idea
#2) If DB does indeed go with Timed delivery I would suggest the timing of delivery be slower for the faster mercs. This will prevent proxy from running in, running out and insta delivering basically.

This would open the door for different play styles and merc selection. If a proxy runs in and grabs the “data core” they can then drop it to another class that might transmit a little faster. I am not saying a Rhino but maybe a less popular merc.

The dropping of the data core also shows up on the map so people defending would be like oh crap its there!

In a nut shell proxy has such a huge advantage in “doc” runs that something should be done or looked at…

(prophett) #30

[QUOTE=spookify;519871]

In a nut shell proxy has such a huge advantage in “doc” runs that something should be done or looked at…[/QUOTE]

She’s not strong enough to carry the doc…

…because she’s a woman. Problem solved!

(Szakalot) #31

[QUOTE=spookify;519871]
In a nut shell proxy has such a huge advantage in “doc” runs that something should be done or looked at…[/QUOTE]

Perfect summary, something has to be done! : )

(xdc) #32

dome is best. why? it has vertical height (sewers and rooftops), simple as that. It also has two objectives at same time which makes the gameplay more interesting instead of defenders camping the one, they have to coordinate. Two levels is still a linear map, three or four makes gameplay more interesting. This game should be based on rifles/smgs not close range weapons

(spookify) #33

The potential of Dome is why its so high. With Better Objectives and a few other things that map can be great. Right now its blaaaaa… I mean if you really think about it, its dumb in every way haha!

Stage One: Walls already blown but even if you build them the enemy can just walk around it haha! It personally reminds me of the last stage of ET: Supply where we have the main gate (in domes case two) and 2 side walls however they arent walls in dome. I would suggest having all 4 area’s UN-Blown!!!
Conclusion stage one is a forward spawn! (Flag)

Stage Two: Blow Up Both Radars!

THATS IT!!! EPIC!!!

Note: Possible some additional Routes for Defenders but like RTCW: BASE style set up.

(tokamak) #34

I’d be great if the sewers had more interaction with the ground above. Like a grid or small holes through which you could fire from below or from above.

(spookify) #35

If the Sewer lead to each of the radars OR right infront of both OR somewhere around enemy spawn?

If indeed there was a flag forward spawn at first stage this would make an epic way to sneak behind the enemy and recap.

Plus I would add secondary objective in the sewer. Either you can blow a gate OR not depending on your tactics. Blowing the gate will give you another path in but allow the enemy a path as well.

This is the stuff DB is missing!!!

SW some maps need consistence for actions. Not everything should be Attackers moving forward. ET: Radar you could camp and retake flag. RTCW Beach Also.

RTCW BASE and Beach went into ET and ET added Command Posts.

Ice and frostbite also had CP’s and one had a flag. There was an epic frag video of U5 Special panzer on one of these maps.

(montheponies) #36

I couldn’t bring myself to vote for any map - they all have something significantly wrong - mostly just painful having a relatively large map chopped into small subsections that you play through serially. and missing forward spawns, meaningful secondary objectives and the ability to complete the primary objective without resorting to gating through every other stage mechanically…

(BioSnark) #37

Like many of the maps, Dome last objective defense spawn should be to the side of the attacker’s route to the objective rather than at the end of it so that potential action is spread out along that route rather than condensed at the end of a long but peaceful jog.

(Floris) #38

This. The last stage of Dome is fun but there are not a lot of options for defenders, every path from their spawn leads to the courtyard with the final obj in the middle. Attackers have a free ticket to push very close to the objective and once attackers can react to an enemy push it is usually too late (especially in pub where you can’t quickly communicate where the enemies are coming from (if you use in-game voice most of the time you will be politely asked to STFU).

For some reason defenders stay camping in the courtyard, while the map does offer some possibilities for them to push out (there are only three ways for the attackers to enter the courtyard, and if both gates are build defenders could in theory set up a very remote defense. In practice I have never seen this happen though.

I have a feeling we will see a pretty large update to Dome when Dirty Bomb returns though, considering it is still a blockout it would be relatively cheap for SD to make large changes to it. Or maybe I’m just musing :slight_smile:

(ToonBE) #39

Dome is by far the best level…

then followed by white chappel

the best of the rest is trainyard

I dislike terminal because 2 big chokepoints

underground needs a total rework atm…

(spookify) #40

[QUOTE=ToonBE;520574]Dome is by far the best level…

then followed by white chappel

the best of the rest is trainyard

I dislike terminal because 2 big chokepoints

underground needs a total rework atm…[/QUOTE]

There’s two ways to look at every map

#1) SW vs OBJ Mode

#2) Full servers Pub vs 5v5 (Gathers,comp,ranked whatever)

Thee openness of Dome makes it be best and our ability to imagine how good it can be. The Objectives blow in Dome but there is potential.

I have 4 or 5 people/friends/clanmates that straight up make fun of me for playing Dirty Bomb! There is no way in heck I am telling them to come back because they will only give this game one more shot and I want things to be a lot further along then they are. The first issue was people and now its everything else haha! I cant wait for the day when I can be like yep its finally taking shape but that I do not seeing until xmas this year the way things are progressing. I know people can say well its always going to be changing and I saw well the big stuff has got to get hammered down sooner or later…