Map Editor Possibly

(SparkyShock) #1

Haven’t seen it talked about much, but what about a map editor for DB? Possibly similar to the Hammer editor in a few ways to make it familiar. I’ve heard making one in UE3 is pretty difficult. I think having one would open up so much of the community to making content for the game. Not TF2 style where literally every new map is community made, but enough to where the community can become a bigger part of the game instead of just testers and a few artists. I hope I’m not alone. Also i posted this here since this seems like the place for map related posts.

(kopyright) #2

This has been ruled out as a long term goal at best. I suppose creating a textured level mesh should be easily possible but then you have all the extra logic that goes beyond a simple deathmatch, starting with small things like ammo crates all the way up to different spawn zones depending on map progress, EV progression routes, generators etc.

Until then you can always post concept art or even 3D objects of your map ideas in this section. Pretty sure @stayfreshshoe stated in one of the FAQing Friday episodes that the team will look at them.

(SparkyShock) #3

@kopyright said:
This has been ruled out as a long term goal at best. I suppose creating a textured level mesh should be easily possible but then you have all the extra logic that goes beyond a simple deathmatch, starting with small things like ammo crates all the way up to different spawn zones depending on map progress, EV progression routes, generators etc.

Until then you can always post concept art or even 3D objects of your map ideas in this section. Pretty sure @stayfreshshoe stated in one of the FAQing Friday episodes that the team will look at them.

I do have a layout of the first objective i had for a map. I could take a picture of it.