Macros?

(boerhae) #1

I bought a new mouse, and before I use it in Dirty Bomb, I would like to know this: The mouse allows you to program macros onto it (for voice commands or something I guess). Does the game allow this, or should I not use macros while playing Dirty Bomb? And if I can’t use them, can I have the program that you assign macros with (Corsair Mouse Software, came with the mouse) running in the background? Can it be on my computer at all?

Thanks.

(Jostabeere) #2

Macros for like, Quickchat commands are tolerated.
Third-Party-Macros that give an advantage gameplay-wise, like recoil-control are not allowed.
But to be sure, you might hit up one of the mods or Raziel and ask specifically about the mouse-software you plan to use and ask if it’s blacklisted or not.

(Jesus) #3

[quote=“Boerhae;24244”]I bought a new mouse, and before I use it in Dirty Bomb, I would like to know this: The mouse allows you to program macros onto it (for voice commands or something I guess). Does the game allow this, or should I not use macros while playing Dirty Bomb? And if I can’t use them, can I have the program that you assign macros with (Corsair Mouse Software, came with the mouse) running in the background? Can it be on my computer at all?

Thanks.[/quote]

Third party programs to do macro like AHK are banned by the NGS but mouse program are not since they are essential to for the mouse to work. I personally use a logitech and also have a program like that never had a problem, so i dont think you will corsair is quite famous too it would be non sense to ban this program @Boerhae

(boerhae) #4

Thanks, I PM’d Faraleth and they explained to me the details. Someone close this

(SirSwag) #5

I use a macro to long jump and have had no issues. Unless it’s legitimately game breaking I don’t think you’ll have to worry.