- Download this: https://mega.nz/#!aMw0DQTZ!76tSg6GKZ7qd1udBK8yRct3GyZo3UIBT5taQbH78dbM
- Extract those files to: C:\Users<YourUsername>\Documents\My Games\UnrealEngine3\ShooterGame\Config
- If you’re using 1080p you need to replace my HUD with the 1080p version because the one in the above link is for 1440p only. https://mega.nz/#!LJwQUBzL!XR3R-AjmN2lsRbCly4Wv7V_TbBJlYBhIOxl1aUYjXI4 (this one is for 1080p). Place the ShooterUI.ini file in the same directory as above and replace the other one.
- Go to your Steam Library and right click on Dirty Bomb then click Properties then click SET LAUNCH OPTIONS… and put this text there:
exec=autoexec.cfg -nosplash -ReadTexturePoolFromIni
Click OK then CLOSE.
- Go here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Dirty Bomb\Binaries (or wherever your game is installed) and create a file called autoexec.cfg (make sure you don’t save it as autoexec.cfg.txt). Save and close the file then run the game.
Your HUD will look like this (slightly different on the 1080p version): http://i.imgur.com/YNf8fal.jpg
- In that file, paste the following:
Recommended Modifications to the config:
- Open ShooterEngine.ini and go to PoolSize under
[TextureStreaming] (line 614) and set to 1/3rd your VRAM.
- Change ResX and ResY to your horizontal and vertical resolution values respectively.
- Change MinDesiredFrameRate, MinAllowableRefreshRate and MaxAllowableRefreshRate to your monitor refresh rate.
Some things you should understand:
- I suggest you back your config files up before doing this.
- Some settings may not set correctly by simply transferring config files.
- I use arrow keys and keys in that area for DB because I aim with my left hand. You may need to modify key bindings after adding in this config.
- Mouse DPI: 800 (g502 with Hotline feet on QcK Heavy), in-game sense: 4.5, MarkC Mousefix (http://donewmouseaccel.blogspot.com/2010/03/markc-windows-7-mouse-acceleration-fix.html) applied, mouse tuned to the mousepad with Logitech’s “surface tuning” feature.
- Mouse smoothing: OFF
- FOV: 95, ADS sens: 0.33, gamma: 2.4 (300 cd/m2 brightness display with maxed out contrast/brightness)
- I use the Large green DOT crosshair with hit indicators ON and set to 0.5.
- Classic Team HUD: ON
- Sprinting FOV, View Bob, View Arms Momentum, Camera Animations, Blood, Lensflare & dirt: OFF
- ThreadSync, VSYNC, Windowed: OFF
- Maximum pre-rendered frames: 1 (http://i.imgur.com/xgEc0sl.png)