Login with Opera broken

(ailmanki) #1

I cannot login with Opera webbrowser, with the new (default) login mechanism…
Trying to open an attachement leads to the old login - which still works :slight_smile:

(brbrbr) #2

[QUOTE=ailmanki;270070]I cannot login with Opera webbrowser, with the new (default) login mechanism…
Trying to open an attachement leads to the old login - which still works :)[/QUOTE]

its because new SD forum rely TOO MUCH on google appz.
Opera “by-default”, stop 3rd-party JS stuff exec.
regardless possibly solutions on both sides, mecanics of login on THIS forum is over-complicated and dangerous[in both senses], IMO.

(Scrupus) #3

hmm there is something strange going on here. I’m also using Opera but usually logged in via cookie, so didn’t notice this problem - until now, when trying to log in and out manually.

It’s seems a bit random though - sometimes it works, sometimes not. But it also seems to help if you reload the page when it fails.

I only did a few tests, and wonder if the problem happens 50% of the time. Which might indicate a dual web server setup, where one of them is doing something different (for the login process). But it could of course be something else.

I don’t think 3rd party js should be a problem though, lots of sites use those. But I agree the new login dialog might be a bit overkill - what was wrong with the old one? :slight_smile:

ailmanki, see if you are able to login if you reload the page a few times.

Edit: Tried a few more times, and it seems pretty stable - fails on first try, works on second. When it fails, just click on the sign on link again and it should work on second try.

(brbrbr) #4

[QUOTE=Scrupus;270622]hmm there is something strange going on here. I’m also using Opera but usually logged in via cookie, so didn’t notice this problem - until now, when trying to log in and out manually.

It’s seems a bit random though - sometimes it works, sometimes not. But it also seems to help if you reload the page when it fails.

I only did a few tests, and wonder if the problem happens 50% of the time. Which might indicate a dual web server setup, where one of them is doing something different (for the login process). But it could of course be something else.

I don’t think 3rd party js should be a problem though, lots of sites use those. But I agree the new login dialog might be a bit overkill - what was wrong with the old one? :slight_smile:

ailmanki, see if you are able to login if you reload the page a few times.

Edit: Tried a few more times, and it seems pretty stable - fails on first try, works on second. When it fails, just click on the sign on link again and it should work on second try.[/QUOTE]
its happen only on newer (than 10.10 ?) Opera versions, ie in versions with NEW JS egnine inside - faster but LOT more buggy.

(ailmanki) #5

Reloading the page does not help, but indeed … reloading the widget - I mean closing and opening the ‘sign in’ again - and I can login…

Version information
Version

Build

Platform
Mac OS X

System

Browser identification

Opera/9.80 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6.6; U; en) Presto/2.7.62 Version/11.01

(Herandar) #6

[QUOTE=badman;174445]SplashDamage.com has been optimized for Internet Explorer 8, Mozilla Firefox 3.5 or later, Google Chrome, and Apple Safari 4.

We also recommend that you have JavaScript and ClearType enabled, as well as the Flash plug-in installed - the site just isn’t as nice without those bits. :slight_smile:

Please limit your bug reports to the browsers listed above - older software and niche products are not supported.[/QUOTE]

You are on your own.

(stealth6) #7

Well I had a similar problem on my macbook on google chrome, I clicked on the Login button, the screen went dark but no login appeared. Refreshing the page fixed it.

(badman) #8

Can you guys please let me know if you’re still seeing the issues you’ve reported? Thanks!

(Scrupus) #9

Tested with Opera 11.01 on Windows and Linux, and it seems to be working fine now - thanks a lot badman! :smiley:

:stroggbanana: