Loading Screen never finishes in Windows 10 Insider Preview

(PeterReaper) #1

Loading Screen never finishes in Windows 10 Insider Preview

Ever since joining the Windows 10 Insider Preview Build (Version: 1703, OS Build: 16226), Dirty Bomb doesn’t load into the main home screen anymore. The “loading” spinner spins forever (sound is audible).

Dirty Bomb worked fine on the Windows 10 release builds, but I cannot go back to the release build of Windows 10 (it doesn’t work, I’ll never beta test Windows again).

My hardware should be sufficient: Athlon quad core 3 GHz, 4 GB RAM, Radeon RX 480.

• The Windows Task Manager shows CPU usage at ~30% the whole time for DB.

• I only have the default Windows Firewall/Anti-Virus software and their settings.

• All my other games work normally: Quake Live, DOOM, Unreal Tournament, etc. It’s only Dirty Bomb that doesn’t run under Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16226.

Please fix this bug or tell me what I need to do to make Dirty Bomb run on the current Windows 10 Insider Preview. Run as Admin? How? Delete some setting file? Which one?

BTW: I created Support Ticket No. 1342 that includes attachments (e.g. Launch.log and DxDiag.txt).

Please help me play Dirty Bomb again!

(Mc1412013) #2

And that’s why I dual boot. So when win 10 fucks something up I can run it I. Windows 7

(PeterReaper) #3

Setting up a dual-boot system will be a major hassle, but it might be my only option in absence of any response from the devs…

Thanks for the suggestion!

(xSil3nt) #4

Windows 10 insider preview is an experimental version, it is not supposed to be used as a main OS and you should be expecting bugs such as these.

(PeterReaper) #5

It seems the next Insider Build fixed this problem. Now I’m in Build 16241, and all is well.