List all your frustrations with current Dirty Bomb

(Boory Marks) #1

I just want a list so I can see what infuriates people so I can make a final comic before quitting for a while

bullet points appreciated

(Xerny) #2

Tryhards in non ranked matches (Sure every competitive game is infested by those types of players but honestly, those guys are one of the many banes of every FPS.)

Lvl 1-3 Skybro/Aura being lost in spawn (It’s probably the most aggrivating thing i’ve ever seen.)

Trash talkers in any match (People that say “F**k you” or other crap when they get killed by someone.)

(bgyoshi) #3
  • Too many explosives
  • Too many explosives classes
  • Explosives are too powerful
  • No way to play with friends without manually server browsing and praying you join fast enough
  • Impossible to guarantee playing on the same team with friends
  • 7v7 exists
  • Playerbase is too scattered between varying modes and team sizes
  • Stopwatch is slow and bad and should be 2 rounds of objective as mentioned
  • 5v5 or 6v6 FF on should be the only mode(s) that exist and should exist in Ranked

(Mr.Cuddlesworth) #4

Those who want to nerf explosives

Those who want to nerf shotguns

Those who want to nerf melee

Those who want to keep changing maps

Those who throw ranked matches

No more 8vs8

(Your worst knifemare.) #5
  • MP nerfs.
  • Phantom rework
  • Constant complaints

(Press E) #6
  • people who tap out before I can revive them
  • people who keep dodging ammo/medpacks
  • when your airstrike marker lands under a weird piece of geometry and doesn’t go off
  • when any support merc doesn’t help their team

(Mc1412013) #7

Miss murder isnt a comunity manager any more
Raz isnt a comunity manager any more
Crap join replaced cmm
Terminal sucks

(B_Montiel) #8
  • Shitty servers to the point no one care anymore (bad ping, bad tick rate, tons of warps because they never restart them)
  • Goddamn EV collisions
  • Explosive spam
  • Unbalance between mercs “types” (Light / Medium / Heavy) in favour of 110 hp and above mercs
  • People who beg for funnel maps and also pissed on old Dome
  • Kids that troll and get me mad on the AIE server to the point I finally ban them after multiple warns and a kick because they don’t respect anything

(bgyoshi) #9

@B_Montiel said:

Sorry man, old Dome was an easy attacker roll on all modes (5v5 Ranked - 8v8 Casual) after Obj 1. It had to change. I can’t actually remember a single game I lost when attacking that map after winning Obj 1. The game basically ended in under 5 minutes after that, every time.

(B_Montiel) #10

@bgyoshi said:

@B_Montiel said:

Sorry man, old Dome was an easy attacker roll on all modes (5v5 Ranked - 8v8 Casual) after Obj 1. It had to change. I can’t actually remember a single game I lost when attacking that map after winning Obj 1. The game basically ended in under 5 minutes after that, every time.

It’s not the map itself I miss, more the idea it held of what a dirty bomb map could be. All objectives were crap indeed, but making a broad map with large different routes was something they never really put in place again in newer maps. Even Vault is a massive funnel (hold the objective and you’re set there).

In my view, all the maps we currently have promote TDM style playing, which is not what dirty bomb should do.

(bgyoshi) #11

@B_Montiel said:
In my view, all the maps we currently have promote TDM style playing, which is not what dirty bomb should do.

A fair point, but in all honesty I found that the very fact that it being a broad map with large different routes was why it was so easy to win as attackers. It just wasn’t possible to cover all routes at once so any concerted attacker effort to push any single route as a team resulted in an easy win. The fact that it was funnelled down made it possible to defend.

DB just isn’t a game for big open maps and lots of different routes. It’s too reliant on kill advantage to allow that kind of play.

(ThePigVomit) #12

I can’t polish my ugly weapon skins.

(HadronZodiac) #13

I literally wrote an entire essay, want me to paste it here?

(Boory Marks) #14

@HadronZodiac Sure, in bullet points

(Begin2018) #15
  • Phantom
  • Javelin
  • Vote shuffle
  • Vote restart

This need to be removed from game.

(Szakalot) #16
  • no autoshuffle after lobby (despite overwhelming support in Shoe’s poll)
  • when a 6v6 server is shuffled into a 7v5
  • EV collision and lag
  • Stopwatch commander switches sides during the ‚briefing’
  • 5v5 servers with no respawn queue implemented - nothing feels better than 3/4v59! those

(Teflon Love) #17
  • explosives > gun play
  • one shot kills (snipers, shot guns)
  • shields, flash bangs and invisible Phantom destroying the flow and speed of the game
  • no medic no engi meta
  • EV multi repairs
  • people destroying generators with C4 instead of explosives
  • 3+ recons per team
  • SD still thinking in-game toxicity is unrelated to their bad design decisions
  • SD’s apparent lack of vision, creativity and quality assurance concerning match making

(bgyoshi) #18
  • Match balance complaints

Just tacking that directly onto my list again

(CyberVonCyberus) #19
  • Horrendous servers quality (my connection is absolute crap but I don’t lag nearly as much in other games)

• Loadout cards lootboxes (just bad bussiness, mate. The odds to get what you want are terrible, even the Ivara farm in Warframe has less RNG involved)

• Some recent mercs having no clear roles and being weird badly designed hybrids with no ability synergy coughGuardian cough

• SD taking years to add basic features such as matchmaking and somehow fucking it up, while other studios of comparable size do better

• Phantom becoming Noob bait merc V2

• Unreasonable nerfs on what shouldn’t be nerfed (the recent BR nerf was bullshit)

• SD not communicating with its community

• SD lack of transparency

• SD not knowing what it wants to do with its game anymore

• SD literally removing features they took 3 bloody years to make without a warning

• SD obvious lack of love for its game nowadays

• SD messing up most updates as if it wants to slowly choke out its game…

(JShug07) #20
  1. Balance
  2. That’s it