Limited edition obsidian cash-only is bullshit

(Nail) #41

for me, they’re priced perfectly

(Guziol) #42

Ok, posting league of legends as a good example to follow gives me enough of a reason to completely disregard your opinion. Have a good one.

(Reddeadcap) #43

Rare limited editions with a unique skin have always been arousn since the founder packages.

What they’re meant to do is give someone an incentive to buy the bundle with the merc at a discount or they can get 3 pretty nifty looking laodouts cards as much as it bothers me that I’ll not be anle to purchase them what does bother me though is special event skins, these vary wildly and are less likely than thw event obsidians.

If you ask me, for event cases, all rarities above iron should be swapped for the event skin, giving a 10% chance for it to drop.

Elite Cases are a 100% chance of the event card dropping

The 100% Chance cards instead let you choose a specific merc or a set of three.

With the Obsidians, players know what Fletcher, Arty, Stoker, Phantom and Pheonix Cards they’re getting along with a discount for all 3 and the merc themselves.

With Javelin, the skin was unknown.

(brian770) #44

ya the jav. skin setup was very poorly done to say the least…should have let you buy a special jav. case for like $2, then you could have just kept buying them till you got the one you wanted.

(Nail) #45

unique skins should be expensive, otherwise they won’t be unique. there’s no reason to buy one other than to stand out, if they were cheap, they wouldn’t stand out. If SD came out with a pair of flash gloves, limited edition, one hundred sets only, ever. People would pay $40 for them just to be that unique. This is why stuff is pricey, this isn’t pay to win, it’s pay to be different.
mind you the augment RNG is hilarious to me

B)

(kittz0r) #46

@Guziol said:
You also seem to be forgetting you are playing a f2p title.

so is League, Paladins, DOTA etc and they have a better System. Paladins is a fucking cashgrab but they do it Better.

SD just can’t into Community, which is funny because they used to be a Community…

(ostmustis) #47

I dont mind they are cash only just that they are limited. Why not let the noobs who pick up the game today buy the punk arty if they want? Im fine with them not being on store all the time or if they get more expensive after the first 4 weeks but yeah, not a fan of the system.

(Mr.Cuddlesworth) #48

It’s just skins, you’re only changing the look. Buying obsidian won’t magically make you better.

(brian770) #49

@Mr.Cuddlesworth said:
It’s just skins, you’re only changing the look. Buying obsidian won’t magically make you better.

100% true, but if i already have a (insert card name here) and they offer the same card with a fancy red skin and you just happen to love the color, heck, why not…?

(SnakekillerX) #50

Agreed, the amount of limited time only content has actually back fired for me and its left me completely burnt out on the game.

Instead of playing for fun, you end up playing to try and grind special edition cards or throwing money and things that you can’t ever get again because… for some reason that makes them valuable. (except it doesn’t)

The skins aren’t even that impressive most of the time, and you are likely to get them paired with loadouts you will probably never want to use anyway… so what’s the point really?

Spend money on something to show it off for a while, then never use it again because it actually just makes you a worse player.

The whole skins being linked to loadouts is a stupid system which everyone talks about all the time… but the more and more limited edition skins they keep coming out with, the less likely that system will ever change, because then there will be an uproar about how people spent so much money on the old method for nothing.

I’d play a hell of a lot more if I was working towards unlocking a special skin I could then use for any of my loadouts rather than for an attempt at RNG that will ultimately leave you disappointed.

Get the skins off the loadout cards. Sell skins via a cash shop, and make the newest ones cost the most. If you want it fast, pay up more, if not wait a while until the price is driven down. So many other games operate this way successfully. This is not a subject in which trying to be unique is a good thing.

(kittz0r) #51

@brian770 said:

@Mr.Cuddlesworth said:

100% true, but if i already have a (insert card name here) and they offer the same card with a fancy red skin and you just happen to love the color, heck, why not…?

thats not the Point of this Topic…

(K1X455) #52

@watsyurdeal said:
What blows my mind, is that it’s only 20 bucks. How broke are you that you can’t throw 20 bucks down if you’re willing to get this passionate and upset about it.

I can understand if it’s gameplay affecting content, but it’s SKIIIIINS. For pete’s sake grow up and understand that if they just gave it away constantly it would lose it’s value, that and there’s a strong chance that they could always suprise us with a once a year buy it while you can, and bring back old cards.

What I can’t understand is why I can’t smash that A G R E E button

(Meerkats) #53

@Guziol said:
Ok, posting league of legends as a good example to follow gives me enough of a reason to completely disregard your opinion. Have a good one.
I can play that same game too. If you think I’ve played LoL at all that gives me enough reason to completely disregard your opinion.

Korean games though, fucking trash cash shops, all of them.

@SnakekillerX said:
Agreed, the amount of limited time only content has actually back fired for me and its left me completely burnt out on the game.

Get the skins off the loadout cards. Sell skins via a cash shop, and make the newest ones cost the most. If you want it fast, pay up more, if not wait a while until the price is driven down. So many other games operate this way successfully. This is not a subject in which trying to be unique is a good thing.
Pretty much. I bet the whole skin being attached to loadout was pushed onto Splash Damage by Nexon in the first place given Nexon’s history of raging, anti-player hostility and aggressive mental ineptitude. Probably the #1 complaint about this game until this recently when players finally got fed up with how bad balance and events were. Time to move skins off of loadouts. In the long run, it’s better for the game and reasonable players will understand.

@Nail said:
unique skins should be expensive, otherwise they won’t be unique. there’s no reason to buy one other than to stand out, if they were cheap, they wouldn’t stand out. If SD came out with a pair of flash gloves, limited edition, one hundred sets only, ever. People would pay $40 for them just to be that unique. This is why stuff is pricey, this isn’t pay to win, it’s pay to be different.
mind you the augment RNG is hilarious to me
We can’t go two weeks without a new “unique” skin coming out. Unique stops being unique when something even more unique is going to come out tomorrow, every single time. Lamborghini is a company well known for producing unique editions of their vehicles, yet they don’t drop one every other week cause, being mentally capable, they understand the concept of unique is diluted when there’s a new unique whatev for sale every day.

And again, Dirty Bomb skins are completely non-liquid. The only value they have is artificial value attached to them by peeps who have drank the Kool-Aid.

But tell you what, I got something actually unique to sell you. Price isn’t determined yet, but bidding starts at $160. What it is isn’t determined yet either. I, myself, will produce it. Truly unique, one of a kind, guaranteed exclusivity. Since you attach so much value to this kinda stuff, I guarantee you you will get your money’s worth.

(Nail) #54

I put absolutely no value on skins, don’t buy them, as for your offer, I’m sure I flush more valuable things every day

maybe look up the definition of unique, it’s like snowflakes, unique

(OwynTyler) #55

I agree, I liked (a bit) red ranked skins, I farmed em, then - only meh skins anyway were there in this bad skin+loadout system

(Homu1124) #56

I have to say that being able to have custom loadouts while paying money for a slick skin for any of your loadouts would be nice. At the very least they can try to make something more appealing for our money rather than have an appearance look good, but have sucky loadouts, or vice versa.

To me, the phoenix pack got them both wrong, the phantom got it both right, and the arty-fletcher-stoker pack got only the skin right. If they could get the loadout problem sorted out, which seems to be just get rid of set loadouts, or perhaps make various augments under certain categories, limiting the augment combinations that way (since some combos are obviously OP), while allowing us to pick the weapons, would make DB a bit more creative as well as remove the shackling that DB currently has, or at least loosen them.

(Meerkats) #57

ANYBODY ELSE LOOKING FORWARD TO THE INEVITABLE $20 GUARDIAN RNG LIMITED EDITION?!?!

AHAHAHaha… aha… ha… :frowning:

@Homu1124 said:
I have to say that being able to have custom loadouts while paying money for a slick skin for any of your loadouts would be nice. At the very least they can try to make something more appealing for our money rather than have an appearance look good, but have sucky loadouts, or vice versa.
This is what I’ve been saying. When we buy these limited editions, we’re not buying the loadout. It would be nice if it was a good loadout, but ultimately, we can buy the loadout with credits. No, we’re buying the skin, but the skins are inseparable from the loadout, so to get another loadout, we have to buy the skin, again.

How does that make sense? We still can only use one skin at a time so it’s not like we’re “clothing” several mercs simultaneously, and even that’s a dodgy excuse. Does it cost Splash Damage anything extra just to let us “use” a skin a second time? A third time? A millionth time? So why charge us again?

(GatoCommodore) #58

keep in mind that this game is free to play> @Meerkats said:

ANYBODY ELSE LOOKING FORWARD TO THE INEVITABLE $20 GUARDIAN RNG LIMITED EDITION?!?!

if its cool why not
why you make it sounds bad if other people want to buy it or not?
skins dont give you any advantage in battle.

they drew it, design it, and modeled it

if they wanted money for their work i mean why not? Were playing a game for free right now.

(Meerkats) #59

@GatoCommodore said:
keep in mind that this game is free to play

@Meerkats said:

if its cool why not
Oh, I’m fine with buying the merc + skin LE bundle. I always do. Way I see it is 50k credits takes me maybe 12 hours to earn. I earn… a lot… of money and time is money. Easy decision.

But I don’t like the RNG aspect for exactly the same reason nobody else likes it. We don’t like to get fucked. But if you’re cool rolling Enigma + Big ears + Cool, I guess everything is hunky dory.

(GatoCommodore) #60

@Meerkats said:

@GatoCommodore said:
keep in mind that this game is free to play

@Meerkats said:

if its cool why not
Oh, I’m fine with buying the merc + skin LE bundle. I always do. Way I see it is 50k credits takes me maybe 12 hours to earn. I earn… a lot… of money and time is money. Easy decision.

But I don’t like the RNG aspect for exactly the same reason nobody else likes it. We don’t like to get @$!#. But if you’re cool rolling Enigma + Big ears + Cool, I guess everything is hunky dory.

big ears and cool is no longer available in 2nd gen y’know.
but yea, if you put it that way RNG does sucks

i havent even got a single LE loadout in this 2 events.
like NONE.
ZERO.

goddamnit SD.