Light is goign threw walls

(ordo) #1

how do i stop the light from going threw the walls?

(Zombie13) #2

If your lights have the “cast shadows” check box unchecked I’ve noticed if you had a big radius on your lights, the light will slip its way onto almost every surface thats inside its radius, try turning them back on of they are off, can’t reall figure out why that would happen.

Zombie

(Dev/Null) #3

It’s because all shadows in Doom 3 are handled as dynamic stencil shadows, including the shadows that keep light from leaking into other rooms. I’ve noticed this in the SP game, too. Some of the surprise “imp closets” that pop open on you have a red light in them. If you go into advanced options and turn off shadows, the red light appears to “leak” out under the wall, giving away the surprise. With shadows on, it’s totally invisible.

Bottom line: unless you want it leaking out everywhere, all lights should either have shadows on, or have their size small enough to fit the box completely inside the room.

(Gabrobot) #4

I’ve noticed that some of the light configs in the drop down box on the right turn shadows off as well (the two ambient light configs for example).