Let us shoot with our secondary weapon while we're down

(Drophys) #1

And if we kill someone we can get up again, making the game less boring\frustrating while we’re spamming “Need medic!” and no one showing up

(AMPAL) #2

somewhere I have already seen it))

(Press E) #3

Honestly seems like it would just be annoying.
You’re dead, it’s your own fault, and now your life is in the hands of a medic. This isn’t a PvE game, and being hit in the head with a random revolver shot from someone you just killed adds a lot of major balance implications.

And if anything it would just make medics less important. Even if you only made it revive you with a fraction of your total health, imagine the amount of revolver noobs who randomly shoot in every direction, revive themselves, then instantly die again instead of just waiting for the medic next to them to give them a proper full revive.
All it would accomplish is messing up everything for no real reason, all because you got yourself killed, didn’t watch the spawn timers, and have to wait a few seconds.

Something like being able to move around slowly on the ground could be interesting though. There was a bug a while ago that let people rotate their corpses while down, I’d do that a lot to move my head out of the way of gunfire while waiting for a medic so I could last a bit longer. The ability to shuffle behind a corner slowly could make things interesting, but even then I think the current system is fine.

@AMPAL said:

Borderlands 2 is the first that comes to mind, but I know a lot of other games that do that.

(Nail) #4

once again, NO

(FalC_16) #5

@AMPAL said:

Right, this was a thing in MW2 with a last stand perk. I dont think this would work with DB’s gameplay mechanics and logic.

(pumpkinmeerkat) #6

No thanks.

Even COD players hated this mechanic :wink:

(TheStrangerous) #7

We already have last stand in DB, it’s “Self Revive” and it’s last stand done right :wink:

Same with martydom, in DB it’s done right, no unexpected sucker punch.

(MaceyKeys) #8

IMO if you’re downed near a med station you should be able to self revive. pretty stupid that you can’t

(watsyurdeal) #9

Nope

Now being able to fire a secondary while carrying an objective, maybe

(henki000) #10

Works on Left 4 Dead 2

(CO_Grit) #11

Absolutely not. Some people have SMGs as secondaries for God’s sake.

(Your worst knifemare.) #12

@watsyurdeal said:
Nope

Now being able to fire a secondary while carrying an objective, maybe

Bashing people is enough.

(bgyoshi) #13

I can just imagine a room full of 2 entire teams of downed players all blasting each other trying to get finish xp

I have no shame admitting I grew up mostly playing CoD 2 through 4 and likely have spent more time playin’ the original Modern Warfare / ProMod more than any other game in my life. With that said, this idea sucks. No disrespect intended towards you, of course, but this idea really sucks and I’d bet money you’d feel the same way a few months after it was implemented. Sounds cool on paper, but it never ends up being fun or balanced. It’s always clunky and glitchy in every game that has a similar mechanic as well. I already get enough deja vu and feel like a dirtbag when I get martyrdom kills on my Nader so no thanks.

(watsyurdeal) #15

Random thought, maybe this would be a good addition to Fragger and Thunder, for that “hard to kill” idea.

(frostyvampire) #16

As if Vassili weren’t OP already

(LifeupOmega) #17

Can’t wait to ding someone in the head for 60 with a revolver and just get back up.

(Chris Mullins) #19

It’s a cool suggestion and one which has popped up a few times in the past, but we don’t feel it fits in with Dirty Bombs gameplay. Like others have suggested this would would better as a Merc ability rather than a general rule or augment so then you know who’s going to drop and shoot (similar to Martyrdom and Self Revive)

(Drophys) #20

Its a cool idea add as a merc ability, i can dig that

(Bubameyang) #21

Then medics would be useless lol.