Let me play casual while I wait for ranked

(Theatrum) #1

I never end up playing ranked because I can’t be bothered waiting 6 minutes to get into a game. I end up just saying bugger it I’ll play casual instead.

(AlbinMatt) #2

Layering two matchmakers together with different servers sounds like a nightmare, but having a solo warm-up place sounds nice. Like accessing a better Assault Course when you wait to queue up.

(Press E) #3

@AlbinMatt said:
Layering two matchmakers together with different servers sounds like a nightmare, but having a solo warm-up place sounds nice. Like accessing a better Assault Course when you wait to queue up.

Overwatch has something like OP’s request. I’m sure other games do too, it’s just the first that comes to mind. While waiting for an actual match, the game just puts you in a random server with other people who are waiting for a match, just to either mess around or explore the map.

I suppose you could also act as temporary backfilling in CMM matches before being moved out, since I don’t think there’s really much matchmaking behind it, just the first available person

(kopyright) #4

@STARRYSOCK said:
I suppose you could also act as temporary backfilling in CMM matches before being moved out, since I don’t think there’s really much matchmaking behind it, just the first available person

That sounds like a great idea for the one person waiting but like a nightmare for all others on that CMM server.

(Press E) #5

@kopyright said:

@STARRYSOCK said:

That sounds like a great idea for the one person waiting but like a nightmare for all others on that CMM server.

idk, as long as there’s a steady stream of people waiting I suppose they could just keep the cycle going xD

It’s not like it’s much better as it is anyways though. As I said, backfilling seems to just shove the first available player in there as fast as possible anyways. Having that player swap out wouldn’t really be the end of the world considering it is casual after all.

(AlbinMatt) #6

Well, maybe we can make a midway solution that won’t mess with the filthy casuls’ matches.

Just make a Ranked server the moment someone that’s not going to be immediately paired queues up. The map will be predetermined, so the player can practice some wall jumps or whatever, and wait for nine other people to trickle into the uninitiated game. When ten people have joined, then the match begins.

(kopyright) #7

@STARRYSOCK said:

@kopyright said:

@STARRYSOCK said:

idk, as long as there’s a steady stream of people waiting I suppose they could just keep the cycle going xD

It’s not like it’s much better as it is anyways though. As I said, backfilling seems to just shove the first available player in there as fast as possible anyways. Having that player swap out wouldn’t really be the end of the world considering it is casual after all.

The one solution I could see here is having the Ranked queue players on their own server to make sure players fluctuate equally between teams, whereas on the standard CMM server it would be more likely to be a one-sided affair.

(ImSploosh) #8

6 minutes? Dude, you know how many of us wish we could wait only 6 minutes? I have to wait at least 10 minutes at peak times (which last for maybe an hour or two). My average wait is 15 minutes+ and I often can’t even find a match after 20-30 minutes. 6 minutes is a blessing!

@AlbinMatt said:

I’ve wanted something like this for so long. 100% agree.

(K1X455) #10

It’s better if you do the Tutotrial or Assault Course