Kira Discussion

(animatedFrog) #1

I really like playing her. Chasing people with the laser is so, so entertaining, and the ammo station is really good while defending.

However, I’ve noticed that sometimes the laser gets caught on invisible ceilings. Some spots I remember are 15 feet in front of the chapel on Chapel, and near the carriage in Trainyard.

I also don’t like how Kira and Arty are completely useless in indoorsy maps like Underground. Maybe change the laser to shoot through ceilings?

Also the Dreiss nerf really sucks :[

(GregHouseMD) #2

Kira isn’t useless on Underground by any stretch of the imagination. Options are more limited, but you still get to use the orbital laser where it matters most, on the objectives themselves. For instance, if the barriers on Underground are up, you can pretty much block access to the C4 platform by placing the laser in front of the pipe ( slower ) mercs have to jump off to reach the platform. Or just stick it on the C4 itself to prevent defuse/protect a defusing friendly.

Now for something I discovered yesterday: I was up against an Aura camping above the stairs in the building on the left hand side ( from Defenders’ perspective ) on the second objective of Trainyard. She was just popping out and taking potshots at me before retreating into the corner and healing up.

Here’s where it got fun: she was close enough to the corner of the window that placing the laser just outside, hugging the wall, had a large enough AoE to kill her inside. If you encounter any mercs hiding close to walls, try that. Should be helpful if someone’s camping the side building windows on Trainyard, probably elsewhere too.

Not sure if it works if it’s a full wall ( and if so it’s probably unintentional ), but certainly works near doors and windows.

(CCP115) #3

Is it just me, or does Kira seem like a reference to the manga Akira?
-Japanese (or at least Asian)
-Big satellite laser
-The name Kira

(deerYear) #4

she became my fav merc as soon as she came out. I love those bursty midrange weapons (i even like the dreis on some ocasions) and i love the laser obviousy. its so much fun.

But doesnt she need a buff vs EV? one full laser doesnt even disable an EV, right? Is that supposed to be this way?

Id love to have more lore/history to the mercs, tho.

(Szakalot) #5

[quote=“extravagentBypass;22022”]Is it just me, or does Kira seem like a reference to the manga Akira?
-Japanese (or at least Asian)
-Big satellite laser
-The name Kira[/quote]

she says ‘arigato’ as thanks, plus the manga-themed hair, plus the asian-face : yup!

(CCP115) #6

[quote=“deerYear;22196”]she became my fav merc as soon as she came out. I love those bursty midrange weapons (i even like the dreis on some ocasions) and i love the laser obviousy. its so much fun.

But doesnt she need a buff vs EV? one full laser doesnt even disable an EV, right? Is that supposed to be this way?

Id love to have more lore/history to the mercs, tho.[/quote]

I think we don’t need more anti EV abilities. From my knowledge, I don’t think anymore merc with anti EV abilities are coming.

We already have, in order of usefulness:
-Arty: really spammable massive damage anti EV
-Skyhammer: more powerful, but fat cooldown
-Fletcher: loads of nades
-Nader: even moar nades, but you might wanna save some for player encounters
-Proxy: eh, has explosions, but not really recommended
-Fragger: really should save these for players

(animatedFrog) #7

i think its fine, it charges faster than skyhammer. the point isnt killing the ev, its chasing everyone away from the ev cuz it lasts longer

the ammo station is weird. kira doesn’t have any voice commands when its put down. it doesn’t have an aura for visibility like the health station. and it has a disproportionately large zone around it where nothing else can be built, which is dumb.

(distinquishedSandwich) #8

Artillery Strike is the running gag currently, everything Arty can do Kira does better, and not to mention, her load out cards alone makes a huge difference in this.

And you can’t even Art strike the EV itself as it’s moving, where the laser just melts through it, and can be used to kill anything near it!

(flow) #9

Another topic about Kira: I feel as though they need to make the ammo station about as visible as Aura’s healing station.
What do you think?

(Mr-Penguin) #10

[quote=“flow;22675”]Another topic about Kira: I feel as though they need to make the ammo station about as visible as Aura’s healing station.
What do you think?[/quote]
Some sort of glow or something like Aura’s healing station would be nice.