Kira, appereantly even more "broken" than phantom

(ARandomLugia) #1

Yes, you read the title. Yes that is what it says, that is what I have been hearing for the past few days running around with Katana Kira.

It is incredible, people are way more vocal about their appereant hate for Katana Kira, even on your team. Whilst I do get that a full on mellee Kira is a bit of a nuisance for your team, I dare to say I have gotten it down when to pull out my katana or pump them full with rounds from the Dreiss (I mainly use the D44, it feels nice). But complaining about someone who is clapping the enemy team full stop and thinks about both their teammates and the obj, whaaaaaaat.

So, what you all think? Kira broken? Kira underpowered? Any ideas why the salt from your own team? Please let them know down below.

V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V

(henki000) #2

Kira is balanced, or maybe underpowered since horizontal recoil on burst rifles. Katana isn’t that good. I havent heard vocal people against her, until now.

(Your worst knifemare.) #3

The only thing broken about her is her V57.

! Which I’m one of the few people who abuse it.
! >! Which I might stop after recently finding out what It means.

(bgyoshi) #4

Kira is fine, she just needs to get a laser less often

(hoyes) #5

Kiras laser needs an audio signature when coming down so when someone is targeting directly above you, you actually have a chance to counter it. Currently, you would never know it is about to be called in until it is too late. Other than that shes fine ability wise.

(JShug07) #6
  1. No other Merc than Phantom is broken
  2. Kira is Balanced

(bgyoshi) #7

@JShug07 said:

Someone hasn’t played Fletcher yet

(GatoCommodore) #8

@jooshoyes said:
Kiras laser needs an audio signature when coming down so when someone is targeting directly above you, you actually have a chance to counter it. Currently, you would never know it is about to be called in until it is too late. Other than that shes fine ability wise.

she got that red marker on the ground and the laser itself has sound and a giant visual effect from the sky to the ground

i mean the free fire support (skyhammer) can wipe enemy exiting the spawn without them being able to see or hear where the strike is coming from

(Eox) #9

Katana is just a crutch, really. Good players will maul you with their guns at all ranges, not rush you with a glorified stick. It’s not making Kira overpowered, though I can admit that the Katana is probably way too effective for a melee weapon.

(Press E) #10

Kira is fine, more or less. The only thing I’ve noticed is a lot of newer players seem to avoid her since her primaries got nerfed. It feels way more clunky trying to kill anything with the stark and whatnot, which seems to be encouraging players to just run around and stab people.

It’s pretty hard to reliably use the katana well beyond the occasional proxy kill, so I wouldn’t say it’s really in need of anything.
Her laser is fine imo. I barely ever get killed by it, and it’s easy as hell to avoid once you actually understand how it works. Just longjump the hell out of there and hide under a roof basically. It’s also pretty hard to actually use reliably. Sure, you can get one kill with it or put it over an objective easily, but killing more than one person requires a decent knowledge of DB’s maps and where players tend to run when their teammate just got melted.
Not to mention faking players out by getting the thing stuck on a roof and waiting for them to come out.

She’s honestly the one of the most balanced mercs right now imo.

(JShug07) #11

@bgyoshi said:

@JShug07 said:

In contrast to the term broken here I simply meant that even the newest DB player could easily get like 5-8 kills with Phantom,I have a friend who started playing DB like 2-3 weeks ago and he bought phantom he got like 19 kills and believe me his aim is so bad and when it comes to chosing any other Merc he barely gets 2 kills.

Fletcher requires skill mate and he’s definitely not broken

(bgyoshi) #12

@JShug07 said:

If I could keep count of the number of aimless stickies I’ve thrown down an empty staircase, over a random wall, through an empty doorway, and gotten multikills with, I would’ve exceeded the countable number spectrum 2 years ago

There’s no skill required. Adding skill to the mix just worsens the problem.

(Press E) #13

@bgyoshi said:

@JShug07 said:

If I could keep count of the number of aimless stickies I’ve thrown down an empty staircase, over a random wall, through an empty doorway, and gotten multikills with, I would’ve exceeded the countable number spectrum 2 years ago

There’s no skill required. Adding skill to the mix just worsens the problem.

He’s a cheeseball sometimes, but he’s not THAT bad, at least when using the blish instead of a shotgun. Sure you can get some lucky shots, but they’re not as frequent or as easy as stabbing someone with a katana while pretty much totally invisible

(Xenithos) #14

@bgyoshi said:

@JShug07 said:

He’s more broken in a different way. :confused:

(Xenithos) #15

@ARandomLugia said:
Yes, you read the title. Yes that is what it says, that is what I have been hearing for the past few days running around with Katana Kira.

It is incredible, people are way more vocal about their appereant hate for Katana Kira, even on your team. Whilst I do get that a full on mellee Kira is a bit of a nuisance for your team, I dare to say I have gotten it down when to pull out my katana or pump them full with rounds from the Dreiss (I mainly use the D44, it feels nice). But complaining about someone who is clapping the enemy team full stop and thinks about both their teammates and the obj, whaaaaaaat.

So, what you all think? Kira broken? Kira underpowered? Any ideas why the salt from your own team? Please let them know down below.

V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V

The only person I know who vocally hates Kira is/was a Kira main, and he actually just hates Kiras that use Katana because he felt that SD was objectifying her into “some weeb shit” by giving it to her. His words, not mine. He’d also rather she be buffed because her guns feel like garbage and she’s also lost her speed, her laser is way slower than it used to, and she still counts as a smaller female unit though, so he just usually is a little ticked off at the devs for that.

If you call that Hate Kira, sure, I can agree. Otherwise, naw, she’s easy to kill and people that die to her using Katana on them are usually just bad or have zero awareness. I love seeing @Lord_Coctus Go to town with her katana.

(Muddy Muddy Mud Nade) #16

@bgyoshi said:

@JShug07 said:

Or Mr. Blind-You-From-Across-the-F*cking-Map.

(Teflon Love) #17

IMHO Kira is in a pretty good spot right now. Sure, the Katana can be cheesy and some of her guns are not particularly impressive, but other mercs have the same issues.

With the introduction of Guardian her value increased because her laser can penetrate the sky shield. On certain maps I used to play Arty a lot but these days it’s mostly Kira instead.

(B_Montiel) #18

ATM, with the massive nerf bursts and dreiss received, kira just turned into a noob lawnmower, being good at picking unaware players with katana and lasers. But that’s it. She’s the merc who suffered the most of the bursts and dreiss nerf, as all the other merc who can wield them are 120+ hp, allowing you to miss one or two burst before failing. At 90hp, you simply can’t fail at all, you’ll be dead if you miss a full burst.

Prior to that, I heard some concerns -mostly from experienced and comp players- about her being in the OP field, mostly due to the cooldown laser has, and it was pretty justified at that time. But since her main weapon received the nerf hammer, she even got out of their minds.

So, as I mentioned in a phantom discussion, she might be totally annoying to play against in random pub, but totally useless in any hardened context. And this mostly comes from her gunplay being one of the worst of the game right now.

(Brycko) #19

Kira isn’t unbalanced, she’s the perfect example of a merc that is high skill, high reward. Sure, her laser insta-gibs people and does a crazy amount of damage, but it takes a lot of skill to direct the laser and use it effectively. Her burst-rifles take a lot of skill to use effectively following their nerfs, and her 90 health makes her VERY squishy.

I still think the Katana should get some sort of longer draw/equip time, because doing some close range damage with any weapon and then finishing people off by Katana charging them are kinda ruining gun-skirmishes.

And I know, Phantom isn’t perfect at the moment, but the whole ‘Kira is overpowerd, XYZ merc is overpowered’ proves that people are being unreasonable with their accusations right now. Stop it. Get some help.

(kopyright) #20

Maybe her laser could be slightly slowed down though, so that at least the most squishy merc would have a chance to get away from it fast enough.

As for her Katana… it sure is annoying but so are shotguns in CQC.