Kira and her katana.

(Eytham) #1

Okay, so I thought I’d make a little post about her since this is starting to annoy me quite a bit now. Kira is a great character, maybe a little too much if you ask me. She has 90 health, wich is quite low I have to say. Other than that, i can’t find her any weaknesses. She has the good ARs, she has high speed and an absolute destruction laser. This is why I am making this post. She has everything. I would have been ok with it if she didn’t have the katana. Kira is already a great character and even though I don’t want her to not be played anymore, I can’t help but think she needs a nerf. This “Japanese girl with a katana” cliché is funny and all but she does not need the best melee weapon in the game. She is a squishy character with high damage, not a melee character. In my opinion, she doesn’t deserve to have the best melee weapon when she is already the hell of a death machine. Another thing is her laser. I won’t say it is overpowered because it is not, but I think that with everything she has already, it could use a little nerf. I could think of something like -20% laser movement speed or shorter deployed time. It is really powerfull and allows the player to keep points safe from ennemies for quite a while, wich is quite nice. The problem comes when she can also clear large areas by moving it, while still being mobile herself. This laser should either be able to block objectives or counter pushed, not both. I think this is all I had to say about it.

Thanks for reading. I am open to feedback (in a constructive way) even though I don’t check my notifications very often.

Kindly, Eytham. :3

(GatoCommodore) #2

Wrong, Beckhill is the best melee. (best swipe area rivaling the katana but faster)
while katana is good i still prefer the cricket bat.

also kira needs line of sight to use her laser and she needs a channeling time which you can interrupt with a shot of bullet. Imagine if she’s trying to get a laser and you keep shooting her with pistol in the stomach.

kira is not that good on killing EV, Kira is less buff than other fire supports (all fire supports has 120hp), kira is not protected from sniper rifle instagib

and all of that means she cant be played without brain like javelin or skyhammer.

she is mostly preferred by expert players because all of her weapon are good long range weapons and she has a bit smaller hitbox than other fire support.

(Muddy Muddy Mud Nade) #3

@GatoCommodore said:
Wrong, Beckhill is the best melee. (best swipe area rivaling the katana but faster)
while katana is good i still prefer the cricket bat.

also kira needs line of sight to use her laser and she needs a channeling time which you can interrupt with a shot of bullet. Imagine if she’s trying to get a laser and you keep shooting her with pistol in the stomach.

kira is not that good on killing EV, Kira is less buff than other fire supports (all fire supports has 120hp), kira is not protected from sniper rifle instagib

and all of that means she cant be played without brain like javelin or skyhammer.

she is mostly preferred by expert players because all of her weapon are good long range weapons and she has a bit smaller hitbox than other fire support.

Not to mention that Stoker with the Stark completely outclasses her indoors. Lasers aren’t helpful when you’re trying to get that damn objective from last point Bridge.
I don’t think that Kira is OP, but she is really strong in experienced hands. Kinda like Sparks.

(Splicerrr) #4

Definitely not overpowered. As what both of the guys said above. Although i see many inexperienced Kira players running around with the katana going melee only pretending to be phantom.

(TheStrangerous) #5

Katana was a mistake.

Should’ve been pitchfork instead.