Kind of pointless objective competitive mode

(bubblesKeyboard) #1

So its pretty obvious that some maps are defender/attacker sided, just like some maps are t/ct sided in cs go. However cs go evens it out by allowing teams to play on both sides. This is available in stopwatch but not in objective.

Tl:dr in competitive objective, if your attacking a defender sided map, gg

(einstyle) #2

While I think it’s possible to win for both teams on each map, I still see where you’re coming from
I don’t mind it for now, it might make for a good testing tool after all, but once all game modes are available for players, I could very well imagine the competitive objective mode to be quite underpopulated

(Litego) #3

Yeah I don’t get it either. I guess it’s good for a quick match if you don’t have that much time. But would you play competitive in that case instead of just dropping in some casual fun? Balance wise your win/loss ratio would equal out over time, but still, Stopwatch is just a better and more balanced game mode in every single match. And since the objectives are the exact same thing this mode seems pointless.

(neg0ne) #4

maybe … just maaayyybee … this mode is in the 1st about putting together even teams and to avoid stacking, unfair teams, spawnraping, fullholds, ppl leave if loosing and all that stuff that makes this game boring.

and yes i also guess that stopwatch will be the game to play.

(bubblesKeyboard) #5

Objective mode is fine in casual. Competitively I don’t understand it. However now it’s a lot better than stopwatch because in objective if the other team is stacked they will win easily, but in stopwatch they will win easily and then proceed to spawn rape you for 5-10 mins

(umberInlet) #6

This I agree with. It’s nice to just get into a quick game, since I’m not that big of a hardcore gamer. Though, if I have the time, I would prefer Stopwatch over Objective, since you know that the better team will beat you in both scenarios.

(XavienX) #7

The 2nd defender site in Trainyard is literally mission impossible.

(Monty) #8

How so?

From the defender’s point of view:

If you throw airstrike to the left, you can wipe out the entire enemy team. Not to mention that you can place turrets in a multitude of ‘safe’ corners to make pushing through as hard as possible. Not to mention that if they cannot destroy the gate, it means they cannot hide within the buildings on the left side.

As for the right side, there is a MG greeting that entry. Park it with an Aura with the overheat reduction augment, and the enemy will struggle to push through. Plus someone else to make sure that no one flanks the Aura. If the right side is defended, the attackers cannot push themselves to the right side building, and through tunnels to the left side buildings.

Thus the when the defence on the blocker carriage fails, it is often due to the defenders ignoring one side of the map. Allowing attackers to keep the defenders at bay, while they destroy the door controls, and plant the C4.

Well, it is possible for the blocker carriage defence to fail if the track controls are destroyed with the defenders and they must fait for 23+ seconds to spawn, allowing the attackers to plant their bombs and get ready to defend.

Now, what is more like a mission impossible is the last segment of the map. In other words when the data cores are to be delivered, and the last remaining datacore slot is facing the defender’s spawn. It is one of the best turtle defence positions in this game. (Well, the other being the sample room in Bridge.)

(MTLMortis) #9

[quote=“Monty;58804”]
How so?

From the defender’s point of view:

If you throw airstrike to the left, you can wipe out the entire enemy team. Not to mention that you can place turrets in a multitude of ‘safe’ corners to make pushing through as hard as possible. Not to mention that if they cannot destroy the gate, it means they cannot hide within the buildings on the left side. [/quote]

Sure you can, down and around. I do it all the time.

[quote=“Monty;58804”]
As for the right side, there is a MG greeting that entry. Park it with an Aura with the overheat reduction augment, and the enemy will struggle to push through. Plus someone else to make sure that no one flanks the Aura. If the right side is defended, the attackers cannot push themselves to the right side building, and through tunnels to the left side buildings.[/quote]

MG isn’t fast enough or accurate enought to stop a fast merc, I get by all the time. A nader completely wrecks anyone on a MG from range and cover.

But yeah, people lose at that point because of tunnel-vision and all streaming into the same pathway of heavy resistance.

(LifeupOmega) #10

Second on Trainyard is probably one of the most balanced match ups I’ve ever seen in this game from my PuG experience. Last is a nightmare for attackers, first feels like it is either a full hold or lost pretty fast.

(Matuno) #11

I prefer Objective mode, playing one map for long bores me, and it’s even more frustrating when,

well,

you know,

the matchmaking results last for TWO rounds.

(RedBeard) #12

[quote=“bubblesKeyboard;1263”]So its pretty obvious that some maps are defender/attacker sided, just like some maps are t/ct sided in cs go. However cs go evens it out by allowing teams to play on both sides. This is available in stopwatch but not in objective.

Tl:dr in competitive objective, if your attacking a defender sided map, gg[/quote

incomplete, please try again…