Kills are strategic; K/DR is a vital statistic

(wolfnemesis75) #121

First FPS game ever where people don’t cry about kill stealing? :slight_smile:

(RabidAnubis) #122

No. I WANT PEOPLE TO Steal kills.

If they got ONE thing right, it has to be how you get XP based on damage of shots. The finisher isn’t worth that much.

To others:

I agree this is a team based game. But maybe for competitive purposes it should be a point death ratio? I think all games should have THAT. Because when you want to have a clan war you want to know who has the highest ability for every second they are alive. (Wait. Isn’t there already an XP per minute deal?)

(DarkangelUK) #123

They cry because kill stealing is necessary… awful spread requires secondary input to finish the job ¬_¬

(iezza) #124

i can just imagine a crab-9 nobo spraying and you coming up with EZ-Nade in one hand and gottlung in the other.

8 new un-soiled panties for the resistance please.

the carb niner say

You don’t have to be a better shot. You just have to fire more bullets!

(RabidAnubis) #125

I do agree that brink’s gunplay confuses me in some ways. It must be better on the console though because it’s not that bad for us.

So the bad thing is that most of you say it is high damage high spread, rather than LD LS?

(V1cK_dB) #126

[QUOTE=RabidAnubis;372757]I do agree that brink’s gunplay confuses me in some ways. It must be better on the console though because it’s not that bad for us.

So the bad thing is that most of you say it is high damage high spread, rather than LD LS?[/QUOTE]

Yep…and it’s that way on console too. You have to remember…LD LS compared to games like W:ET, ETQW not COD or Halo. The console version of Brink also needs tighter spreads. It is just as bad on console to someone who knows what to compare it to.

(RabidAnubis) #127

I do. I don’t think they should go with the console plan for high damage low spread. I think that is one thing that we should differentiate on.

I think PC should be High damage high accuracy, while console is low damage low accuracy.

They are two drastically different systems and should be treated as such.

(tokamak) #128

The combat needs to last longer on controllers otherwise you get really random erratic situations.

(RabidAnubis) #129

Cough COD Cough

(Ix LP xI) #130

With the kill farm… err spawn kill… err defensive strategy in this game, I doubt high k/d would mean anything, other than that you play mostly defense on the maps.

(FrankieGodskin) #131

Were K/D stats ever made public? I can’t find the old leaderboards they used to have showing which side was winning.

(LordPanzi) #132

I find K/D pointless. my friend goes on and on about his K/D ratio for moder warefare 3/black ops 2 (ew and ew) Where as I run wildly into danger, capture objectives,a nd come out with twice as many kills while still helping the team. The same goes for brink (though im more cautious in good game like brink) I rack up kills, take objectives, and still help my teamates out (i wont go a huge way otu fo the way, but if youre low on ammo nearby, ill help you) if my teammates are pinned, I come out of nowhere and slap the enemy upside the head, getting kills and providing team support. K/D is meaningless (except in a couple games)

(eagles1o1) #133

Hey everybody! I really enjoy this game and don’t know why so many people dislike it, I think its one of the best shooters of all time. So does anyone play at like a specific time each week so we could get a game going on xbox 360?