Kill icons..

(RT1) #1

Okay, given that I’ve been playing this game since launch, I’m fairly familiar with most of the in-game kill icons.

The weapon kill icons are fairly self-explanatory, and I’ve come to recognize the headshot, bayonet, knife, weapon butt (melee), mine, grenade, satchel charge, sticky bomb, caltrop, molotov, napalm, operative blast and turret icons. I’m aware there’s a kill icon for a groin shot – something approximating a weapon icon shooting what looks like an acorn.

Sometime within the last week, I saw what I believed to be a new icon. Shame I don’t have screenshots but it looked, for lack of a better description, like a two or three-leaf marijuana plant. I’m not sure it was the pyro mine, but whatever it was, it took out probably three players in the span of about two or three seconds. Anyone able to confirm that? Pyro mine or UAV kill perhaps? Death by fall?

There is at least one other icon I’m not familiar with. Similar to the groin shot icon, this one features a weapon with an acorn like object to its right, however the difference is the acorn object has what looks to be an impact blast coming out of its left side. Is it possible that this could be a kill that involved an opponent readying a grenade but was interrupted by a shot from an opponent with grenade shooting equipped?

Any ideas?

(Exedore) #2

Pyro Mine is correct.

(wolfnemesis75) #3

Nut shot? Is that it?

(tangoliber) #4

He listed that one as one he is already familiar with.

Is there an icon for grenade shooting kills in general? I seem to remember there being one.

(zenstar) #5

Does this help:
http://forums.warchestgames.com/showthread.php/29381-Kill-Symbols
???

(RT1) #6

It does somewhat. The screenshots at that link are crystal clear; far clearer than I’ve ever seen them.

The “impact blast” icon I was referring to is the second one from the left (on a greenish background). That does look like a grenade shot kill, however I’ve seen that many times after having shot a user in a vanilla gun battle. That’s why I asked if perhaps I may have interrupted my opponent pulling out (or even launching via underslung) a grenade that I may have shot down in mid-air, killing him in the process.