Kicked from ranked, unable to rejoin

(Press E) #1

Just tried playing ranked. Got into a match, and about 30 seconds after the match started, the game decided to disconnect me. Went to rejoin, but the game got stuck signing in and wouldn’t let me do anything. I closed it and reopened it three times and still get the same issue.
The ban is only 20 minutes, and I’m still unranked so it’s not a huge deal, but has anyone run into this, and does anyone know how to potentially prevent it?
Here’s the screen I was talking about.

!

EDIT: Tried two more matches. First one worked, second one, I got kicked again, same time too. Please tell me there’s a fix for this, I’m gonna get banned into the ground if this keeps up :frowning:

I’ve never seen that before. The worst thing that’s happened to me was pressing accept to join a match, but having it revert back to finding a match because someone didn’t ready up and then my game froze in the process. Like it got stuck in a loop trying to put me back in the queue.

(Ptiloui) #3

I had a crash and unable to sign in for few minutes this night between 11:30pm and 12:00am gmt because of being disconnected from steam service. After typing the command “disconnect” in console, i had the same screen with the pop up to join back the match (but i can’t click on button due to the sign in procedure. And this is not the first time it happens for me. I even got disbanded from the party with my friend.

(emjot) #4

I got dc’ed yesterday due to routin problems on my end. Since I got this error before I just switched ISP back then and I was able to rejoin the match, sadly yesterday it didn’t work. My guess there was surrender vote in progress, and yeah, I had same issue - game let me in then stuck on “Signing in”. It was first time I’ve met with this, other than this one I was able to re-join every single time.

(Your worst knifemare.) #5

I had game where I crashed a few minutes before the game ended. When i went back in, it had the signing in screen so i disconnected with console after waiting a little. Second attempt it lets me back in when the game ended. i got demoted and only 15 ranked points even though our team won.

(emjot) #6

@Lord_Coctus said:
I had game where I crashed a few minutes before the game ended. When i went back in, it had the signing in screen so i disconnected with console after waiting a little. Second attempt it lets me back in when the game ended. i got demoted and only 15 ranked points even though our team won.

I would report it with screenies.

(Press E) #7

Interesting so many people are having this issue. I hope it gets fixed soon, since I’m not really keen on playing ranked until I know myself or someone else isn’t going to be kicked out of the match.
@stayfreshshoe have you guys heard any other reports of this?
It’s almost game breaking if you’re ctually into ranked.

@emjot said:

@Lord_Coctus said:

I would report it with screenies.

I feel like SD should be able to check this themselves. They have a lot of stats on individual players, which would carry more weight than a screenshot that could have been edited.

(Nail) #8

did you file a ticket ?

(Press E) #9

@Nail said:
did you file a ticket ?

I have, but I was curious if anyone else had this issue and potentially knew a fix.

(Artyrim) #10

You are not alone 100%
Sometime my ping is unstable in ranked so I was kicked a lot of time without being able to re-join. Even when I left one match because I had to reset my modem I could not re-join after 1 min.
Deranked and had penality for 24 hours after just one kick
Sadly there is no option if you want to re-join

(Your worst knifemare.) #11

As it turns out, I was wrong about my point and rank issue so sorry for that.
However I think SD needs to conplete their promise on credits earned.

(bushyg) #12

I had this happen the first game after my placements. 4 people disconnected, leaving the game to finish 3v3 (two from each team), my team won and I deranked. This was when ranked first came back for this season, on the 20th of October. I submitted a ticket and didn’t play ranked until I got a reply, hoping that my rank would be restored. It took a whole week for a reply;

Unfortunately we can’t adjust your Rank or progression status. Right now we don’t have the tools to differentiate match abandonment from connection issues, and without the temporary ban the system will be open to abuse.
I appreciate it can be really frustrating to feel penalised for something that’s out of your control. I hope your future Ranked experiences will be smoother, but will also understand if you decide to stay away from Ranked for a while.