key bind long jump


(Major_Slapnuts) #1

Can I key bind long jump to a single key?


(Mc1412013) #2

@Major_Slapnuts said:
Can I key bind long jump to a single key?

Yes i have it binded on my mouse. I have a logitech mouse and i use there gaming software i could also use my corsiar keyboard spftware too if i wanted

Also binding the k button to mouse 1 button it gives you super long jump
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Kidding dont do that lol


(Major_Slapnuts) #3

what would be the down side to binding it to my normal jump key, (Space Bar), so all jumps are long jumps?


(Major_Slapnuts) #4

K button, right


(ThePigVomit) #5

bookmark the following steam guide


(Teflon Love) #6

@Major_Slapnuts said:
what would be the down side to binding it to my normal jump key, (Space Bar), so all jumps are long jumps?

After a long jump you cannot run at full speed for a short time. It’s not an issue if you bounce off a wall and remain in the air or use a long jump to get behind cover, but out in the open you become easier to hit.


(STARRYSOCK) #7

@teflonlove said:

@Major_Slapnuts said:
what would be the down side to binding it to my normal jump key, (Space Bar), so all jumps are long jumps?

After a long jump you cannot run at full speed for a short time. It’s not an issue if you bounce off a wall and remain in the air or use a long jump to get behind cover, but out in the open you become easier to hit.

Expanding on the downsides, trying to use longjumps while not sprinting is also kinda clunky from what I’ve seen. They just don’t really handle the same with some moves.

I have longjump bound to my left alt key. It’s pretty easy to get used to, so I don’t think there’s really anything to gain by binding it to space.


(Rokon2) #8

To answer your question:

setbind LeftAlt “Duck | Jump” 1

I recommend keeping Space for normal jump since that’s useful sometimes. Also, bookmark the link ThePigVomit linked, it’s immensely useful.


(GatoCommodore) #9

@Major_Slapnuts said:
K button, right

ecksdeee


(Major_Slapnuts) #10

I couldn’t copy and paste it, but I typed it in.
When I use the key bind long jump, I end up in a crouch and have to uncrouch.
I use toggle crouch.
Is there a way to add the uncrouch to the keybind so I don’t end up in a crouch.


(ThePigVomit) #11

@Major_Slapnuts said:
I couldn’t copy and paste it, but I typed it in.
When I use the key bind long jump, I end up in a crouch and have to uncrouch.
I use toggle crouch.
Is there a way to add the uncrouch to the keybind so I don’t end up in a crouch.

You may have to add an uncrouch command to the end of that bind. Or take off the crouch toggle.


(Major_Slapnuts) #12

do you know the exact wording to use add the uncrouch?

setbind LeftAlt “Duck | Jump” 1


(Nail) #13

turn off toggle crouch in menu

lol, reading is handy


(Major_Slapnuts) #14

no one knows?


(Nail) #15

you can’t, you have toggle crouch on in game, it over rides


(Major_Slapnuts) #16

I cant bind 3 key presses to left alt?


(Major_Slapnuts) #17

so I want to try bninding the long jump to the space bar. How do I unbind the Left/ALT


(Major_Slapnuts) #18

here is the keybind with toggle crouch on.

setbind LeftAlt “SetCrouch true | Jump | OnRelease SetCrouch true” 1