Javeline recharge augment lists a wrong number.

(Jostabeere) #1

I finished fifth grade of school where we learned about percentages.
The Javeline SH81 states that Recharge: “Reduces cooldown durations of all abilities by 10%”

So now why was I talking about math in school?
Check this picture out and tell me if you found the mistake, and why is it even in the game on a fresh released merc?

Can’t the game not calculate simple percentages?
And why is the bug report section dead?

(AlbinMatt) #2

So it should be 27. Seconds? Maybe SD used a hidden decimal for some weird balancing, though I have no proof.

(Jostabeere) #3

@AlbinMatt said:
So it should be 27. Seconds? Maybe SD used a hidden decimal for some weird balancing, though I have no proof.

If it cuts 10%, aka 3 full seconds from a 30 saecond recharge, even if it would count the 27th second for some reason, it should not display 28 at all. Yes.

(AlbinMatt) #4

@Jostabeere said:

@AlbinMatt said:

If it cuts 10%, aka 3 full seconds from a 30 saecond recharge, even if it would count the 27th second for some reason, it should not display 28 at all. Yes.

Well I’m no coding expert, but some folks like to either round up or round down decimals. For example, XCOM 2 rounds up its numbers, and so it is possible to miss a shot that’s shown to be 100%. Could be a similar case here.

(Jostabeere) #5

I just made a groundbreaking discovery.
The standard Javelin without any augments, no Recharge has the same recharge rate on the Rocket Launcher.
And it’s also 28 seconds!

(AlbinMatt) #6

@Jostabeere said:

@AlbinMatt said:

Well I’m no coding expert, but some folks like to either round up or round down decimals. For example, XCOM 2 rounds up its numbers, and so it is possible to miss a shot that’s shown to be 100%. Could be a similar case here.

(Jostabeere) #7

(znuund) #8

@AlbinMatt said:

there are no decimals in subtracting 10 percent from 30 s :smiley:

(watsyurdeal) #9

Sounds like a bug on both ends, the augment isn’t working, and the recharge rate is faster than it should be.

Easy fix would be to nerf it and fix the augment, but to be honest I feel like that augment is tad unbalanced anyhow. It makes it almost mandatory to have it on whatever card you use.

(AlbinMatt) #10

@znuund said:

@AlbinMatt said:

there are no decimals in subtracting 10 percent from 30 s :smiley:

Maybe it isn’t exactly 30 seconds. After all, games have a different time units to use in codes no?

(Teflon Love) #11

@AlbinMatt said:
Maybe it isn’t exactly 30 seconds. After all, games have a different time units to use in codes no?

After all, this is a British game. They measure distance in inches and miles and what not instead of meters, mass in pounds instead of kilograms, volume in gallons instead of liters. So what makes you think they measure time in seconds?

I bet they have some weird unit for that too.

For all we know it might not even be linear, which would explain that 10% of 30 being 2.

(GatoCommodore) #12

@teflonlove said:

@AlbinMatt said:

After all, this is a British game. They measure distance in inches and miles and what not instead of meters, mass in pounds instead of kilograms, volume in gallons instead of liters. So what makes you think they measure time in seconds?

For all we know it might not even be linear, which would explain that 10% of 30 being 2.

all i know they measure hour with bongs.

(Szakalot) #13

@teflonlove said:

@AlbinMatt said:

i wish i could give mre lols for ‘non linear time measurement’

(Eox) #14

Moving to bug reports.

(Jostabeere) #15

A week later and still nothing? SD completely gave up on fixing their broken game?
I personally would shame myself into hell if I released a new merc and demanded money for skins, but did not fix an exclusive augment ASAP.

(ImSploosh) #16

@Jostabeere said:
A week later and still nothing? SD completely gave up on fixing their broken game?
I personally would shame myself into hell if I released a new merc and demanded money for skins, but did not fix an exclusive augment ASAP.

You know, they keep claiming that bug fixing is a separate team from the content creators, but we never get the much needed fixes. Rather, we keep getting content that ends up getting broken and never fixed…