Javelin isn't op. you just need to get good.

(javelin_main) #1

So as a javelin player, I have been called all the names and been told all the reasons why she is op. Here are the counter arguments to them and more. Is she op? no. Is she in need of some tweaking (buffs and nerfs)? yes.

1. people often say that the range on the missile is infinite. While this is true, it is kind of an argument that’s totally invalid. After around 15 metres, if you can’t dodge the rocket, it’s because you’re bad. The rocket is only really good up close. Also, you can quite easily shoot down the rocket from a long range too. Now the guided mode is an option but it is just worse than standard. it’s slower and it has the laser pointer. you can incredibly easily use the w and shift keys. (even better if you long jump).
  2. why does it insta gib rhino. well basically when you are able to hit a rhino in the face with a rocket. I have earned the insta gib. I have been able to directly hit that rhino. if you take 4 nader grenades (28s cd so shorter than the rocket) I can deal 360 damage so… that’s 10X more bs than Javelin as they are less obvious projectiles, have no charge time, have no charge audio, can’t be shot down, are on a faster merc, the merc has smgs, the merc has myterdom etc etc.
  3. i’m just gunna say it. she is a nerfed fragger. her gun is only better in reload time and has a minimal advantage in range (around 10%) and bloom (again around 10%) compaired to the k121. the k121 has a higher rpm, does more damage per bullet, more bullets per clip, less vertical recoil and fragger also has more hp and then we come to his ability.

in favour of fragger: marginally nigger aoe, has 10s less cd, has a less obvious projectile, the grenade can’t be shot down, the grenade has a silent charge, no visual cues for the nade, can make the nade totally in-reactable in MOST cases, projectile moves faster, less buggy, can be used with fail safe for nade jumps (limited but worth a mention), doesn’t blow up on walls, less movement penalty, less obvious when held and not being cooked, easy to not kill yourself with up close

in favour of Javelin: shorter charge (negligible as it actually has clear audio and visual cues), a direct hit bonus, barely better at objectives (only fragger and thunder are worse than javelin at obj out of any assault or fire support), a useless guided mode that is just going easy on the enemy as it is so obvious, (I’m not mentioning range as I already did), no cook needed

basically anything jav can do, someone can do way better. I do agree that she is too good up close so I want to see something to fix that but I want her ammo buffed and her ranged capability with the rocket buffed. I want guided to be actually viable too. tell me your thoughts and I’ll be happy to have a conversation with you

(javelin_main) #2

IDK What happened. it should say: in favour of fragger: marginally better aoe I have no idea why the symbols are there. sorry guys and girls

(LifeupOmega) #3

People will bitch about a 30s cooldown that can be dodged/predicted using your own skill but will die on the hill that sniper rifles and shotguns output is fine, with no cooldown to boot. Just roll with it.

(Sorotia) #4

People can’t handle a ability that can kill them, they just get so salty.

Same thing happened with the last merc who got a ability that does damage…Stoker’s molly got nerfed to hell for the simple fact it killed people then they ran around OMG NERF

(HadronZodiac) #5

Agreed, not op, people just cant counter her cuz they suck ;/

(HadronZodiac) #6

@Sorotia said:
People can’t handle a ability that can kill them, they just get so salty.

Same thing happened with the last merc who got a ability that does damage…Stoker’s molly got nerfed to hell for the simple fact it killed people then they ran around OMG NERF

fr

(HadronZodiac) #7

@javelin_main said:
So as a javelin player, I have been called all the names and been told all the reasons why she is op. Here are the counter arguments to them and more. Is she op? no. Is she in need of some tweaking (buffs and nerfs)? yes.

1. people often say that the range on the missile is infinite. While this is true, it is kind of an argument that’s totally invalid. After around 15 metres, if you can’t dodge the rocket, it’s because you’re bad. The rocket is only really good up close. Also, you can quite easily shoot down the rocket from a long range too. Now the guided mode is an option but it is just worse than standard. it’s slower and it has the laser pointer. you can incredibly easily use the w and shift keys. (even better if you long jump).
  2. why does it insta gib rhino. well basically when you are able to hit a rhino in the face with a rocket. I have earned the insta gib. I have been able to directly hit that rhino. if you take 4 nader grenades (28s cd so shorter than the rocket) I can deal 360 damage so… that’s 10X more bs than Javelin as they are less obvious projectiles, have no charge time, have no charge audio, can’t be shot down, are on a faster merc, the merc has smgs, the merc has myterdom etc etc.
  3. i’m just gunna say it. she is a nerfed fragger. her gun is only better in reload time and has a minimal advantage in range (around 10%) and bloom (again around 10%) compaired to the k121. the k121 has a higher rpm, does more damage per bullet, more bullets per clip, less vertical recoil and fragger also has more hp and then we come to his ability.

in favour of fragger: marginally @$!# aoe, has 10s less cd, has a less obvious projectile, the grenade can’t be shot down, the grenade has a silent charge, no visual cues for the nade, can make the nade totally in-reactable in MOST cases, projectile moves faster, less buggy, can be used with fail safe for nade jumps (limited but worth a mention), doesn’t blow up on walls, less movement penalty, less obvious when held and not being cooked, easy to not kill yourself with up close

in favour of Javelin: shorter charge (negligible as it actually has clear audio and visual cues), a direct hit bonus, barely better at objectives (only fragger and thunder are worse than javelin at obj out of any assault or fire support), a useless guided mode that is just going easy on the enemy as it is so obvious, (I’m not mentioning range as I already did), no cook needed

basically anything jav can do, someone can do way better. I do agree that she is too good up close so I want to see something to fix that but I want her ammo buffed and her ranged capability with the rocket buffed. I want guided to be actually viable too. tell me your thoughts and I’ll be happy to have a conversation with you

I agree, tbh at max you need to cook fragger to about 2 seconds. For javelin its about 1.5, -0.5 seconds for +20k credit cost, seems balanced (maybe even underpowered) if you ask me ;/

(HadronZodiac) #8

@HadronZodiac said:

@javelin_main said:

in favour of fragger: marginally @$!# aoe, has 10s less cd, has a less obvious projectile, the grenade can’t be shot down, the grenade has a silent charge, no visual cues for the nade, can make the nade totally in-reactable in MOST cases, projectile moves faster, less buggy, can be used with fail safe for nade jumps (limited but worth a mention), doesn’t blow up on walls, less movement penalty, less obvious when held and not being cooked, easy to not kill yourself with up close

I agree, tbh at max you need to cook fragger to about 2 seconds. For javelin its about 1.5, -0.5 seconds for +20k credit cost. with -10hp, and no access to lmg, seems balanced (maybe even underpowered) if you ask me ;/

(hoyes) #9

Javelin really isn’t that good at all, players at low skill play can use her to get free kills, but it does not happen against good players. Tbh I personally think she takes more skill to play than fragger in the context of positioning and using the rocket to get multikills, considering the rocket and the nade have the SAME damage radius, just the rocket has a larger inner radius and does more damage. Currently the rocket is 10s longer cooldown that is easier punished for using in order to basically just instagib some low hp enemies on an aura station.

I would like to see an increase to the radius and cooldown, perhaps to jav launch rocket stats wise, and increase cooldown to 40s. This would actually make Javelin better than fragger at multikills, but deincentivise/ make less likely using the rokket in a panic.

Also her ammo ability is trash, could see a slight buff in range.

([ *O.C.B.* ] Wildcard) #10

@jooshoyes said:
Javelin really isn’t that good at all, players at low skill play can use her to get free kills, but it does not happen against good players. Tbh I personally think she takes more skill to play than fragger in the context of positioning and using the rocket to get multikills, considering the rocket and the nade have the SAME damage radius, just the rocket has a larger inner radius and does more damage. Currently the rocket is 10s longer cooldown that is easier punished for using in order to basically just instagib some low hp enemies on an aura station.

I would like to see an increase to the radius and cooldown, perhaps to jav launch rocket stats wise, and increase cooldown to 40s. This would actually make Javelin better than fragger at multikills, but deincentivise/ make less likely using the rokket in a panic.

Also her ammo ability is trash, could see a slight buff in range.

It’s actually a thirty (30) second cooldown for the Rocket by default, with the Recharge Augment it is cut down to a twenty-five (25) second cooldown, after the system rounds down post-calculation. So unless, you have a Loadout Card with that Augment, you will be punished with a cooldown almost twice the length of that on Fragger’s Ability if you waste it; for the sake of reference Fragger’s Frag Grenade has a sixteen (16) second cooldown time (i.i.r.c.).

(GatoCommodore) #11

you can also prefire when javelin is already charging and kill her with her own rocket