Javelin Changes Have Arrived:

• Charging glow added to rocket.
  • Louder charging sound before firing.
  • Laser trail added while in guided mode.
  • Rocket splash damage reduced from 4.8 to 4.1M.
  • Only instagibs mercs with less than 100 health now.
  • Her ammo is now given at half the rate of the other ammo stations with an added visual circle to show the range.

Your thoughts? They seem fine by me. Pretty much along the lines of what I wanted. Slight changes, but nothing over the top. Only time will tell.

Yay, no more whining and endless threads about her now! B)

(woodchip) #2

I think they are very solid. Basically her explode radius cards will be as strong as her prenerf charge rate cards, which were already in a decent spot outside of having no warning, which was also changed.

She might merit further changes but I can’t see her having a strong negative impact on the game after this.

Source for those who haven’t seen it yet:

(watsyurdeal) #4

I like em, seems like they did a good job listening to the feed back without severely nerfing her role. GJ SD

Also, I am of the opinion direct hits should insta gib, no matter who it is

(Eox) #5

Until I can actually experience those changes, I still think she’s going to be an outright better choice than any other fire support for any objective that isn’t EV defense.

Those changes will help and are definitely done in the right direction, but I totally expect her to be still be a very strong newbie wrecker.

(Guziol) #6

Changes seem fair. Now buff my man skyhammer because he is sitting in the corner crying, forgotten.

(TheFpsPro27) #7

BEST DEVELOPERS EVER!!..

They had really read the suggestions and used most common suggestions. Now everyone(except for people who want to farm free xp/credits) will be happy. Now Javelin is not op and not useless, she is very balanced.

Note: people who said “javelin can not instagib”, look at the developers video, in the video they show you how the blast damage used to instagib without direct hit (thanks god, they fixed it).

@Eox said:
Until I can actually experience those changes, I still think she’s going to be an outright better choice than any other fire support for any objective that isn’t EV defense.

I see this as a good thing rather than a bad one. Arty and Skyhammer are both EV destroyers that can efficiently supply ammo. Stoker is more of an assault focused merc in terms of a fire support and I’d place Javelin in this bit of a hybrid assault role as well with a slight emphasis on ammo/objective support. Kira is Kira and honestly in a lot of ways I consider Nader a bit of a hybrid support as well for the pure reason that she can easily take out equipment like Turtle shields, generators, the EV, clear smoke and molotovs, etc. I really think think Jav will be in a good place now, but time will tell as I’ve said above.

(Guziol) #9

Skyhammer is shite at killing the EV compared to arty. Long cooldown and requirement of proper positioning of the airstrike if you want to 1hko the EV makes me wish i was arty at times.

True, but still more effective than all of the other fire supports and Nader.

(zadory) #11

Rocket damage less than proxy’mine, wtf?
it shouldn’t call itself rocket…maybe sparklers!

(hawkeyeguy99) #12

I am a total fan of everything they’re doing I just think the instagibbing effect should be taken completely out of Javelin’s rocket entirely. She’s already good enough, she doesn’t need instagibbing. Nothing in the game instagibs at full health, except for Javelin. You can put a Fragger nade UP PROXY’S ASS and it won’t instagib her so niether should Javelin. I think it’s fine to stay high damage, but you should never be able to instagib any Merc at full health.

(GatoCommodore) #13

@Guziol said:
Changes seem fair. Now buff my man skyhammer because he is sitting in the corner crying, forgotten.

the cooldown should be reduced to 60 sec imo
Skydaddy and Stoker is currently the bottom side of fire support abilities

(TheStrangerous) #14

Theoretical and practical use, are 2 different things.

Looking at you, educational system, other than Finnish :wink:

(Your worst knifemare.) #15

@Eox said:

Stokes and Kira would be way better for c4 and delivery defense though.

(F4T4L1Z3D) #16

I still think they should change something. The warm up timer should be longer, at least 1.5sec

(watsyurdeal) #17

No, Javelin is fine, there’s more than enough counter play on her now, so she is not hard to deal with. The only thing I’d change at this point is maybe repurposing her ammo ability, cause I think it’d be more interesting to have give a team mate a bottomless clip while she’s attached like it shows in the pictures. So while she has you attached you never have to reload.