I've finally realized why the sniper changes and machine pistol changes bother me...

(Xenithos) #21

@woodchip
Um, yes, and no. I think what you’re missing is that I’m saying they did too many changes that affect too many mercs at one time, and that these changes DO matter. Specifically Sparks, and Aimee. Vassili is mostly fine with the MOA, but if you’re using Fel-IX on him it still feels janky and out of place.

What I DID discuss and make a point out of, CONCERNED Vassili, was that you said his MPs were a STRICT better choice over his revolvers. Which I answered NO to, because it not only depends on play preference, but if you clock out two headshots with those badboys, which can be done in less than 80% of a second mind you, you will kill every merc with 130 HP or less. He also moves faster with a revolver than a machine pistol out, and AGAIN, it’s PER player preference. Most of the great players I know that play Vassili preferred having his revolver on Fel-9 loadouts, and Mp400 on MOA loadouts not because of just the guns, but because of the PERKS. Spares and Focus/Quick-Eye. OR drilled depending on how the Vassilis play. snickers I prefer atm the hard hitting revolver as a backup switch weapon, and it personally feels a little faster to whip out than either of the MPs.

My biggest issue with MPs in my original statement was actually concerning that they were always intended to be a heavier sidearm, right up there with Revolvers. Which until recently, were a little more powerful too. shrugs I guess as of the most recent updates revolvers were somewhat of a weaker pick. And that they are the primary weapon of Sparks and seemingly hunter.

(K1X455) #22

Vassili and Aimee’s ability to handle CQB situation is a consequence of them being in the middle or front line where the action mostly is; which means that to fulfill their RECON role they have to bring their presence much closer to the fight rather than hang back and pick off camping targets.

(ImSploosh) #23

The sniper rifle changes were just terrible. The first ones, to the damage or whatever, wasn’t too bad. However, the most recent ones (as far as I know, haven’t played much), make them unusable in my opinion. Especially the Felix. The bolt action goes in slow motion and doesn’t do much damage to back it up. MOA also feels really off. Like I was unable to fire even after cocking it back… Idk, I’d have to look at the change list to see why it’s like that.

Anyways, definitely agree with you. I never had any issues with snipers. Facing them wasn’t a problem unless the person was godlike, in which case they’d be the same with every weapon. Even so, with abilities and tactics, you were able to get around or eliminate the threat. To be honest, I think the sniper nerfs were just another instance where over-complaining led to over-nerfing. Reminds me of how people at my work complained the AC was too cold after they fixed it and now it’s hotter than it’s ever been. heh

(GatoCommodore) #24

lel SD refused to reduce vasilli HP to 100 and rather nerf everyone else’s MP
Proxy mine can only be shot and cant be exploded by some abilities because “Bugs”

top memed SD

(Eox) #25

Moving to weapon discussions.

(Xenithos) #26

I knew it would happen. :slight_smile:

([ *O.C.B.* ] Wildcard) #27

@Xenithos said:
I knew it would happen. :slight_smile:

Could’ve told you that a while ago but I wanted to see how long it would take @Eox to notice it should be there on their own… o:) I’m not evil, I swear!

(Xenithos) #28

I would jokingly say i like to give him Easter egg hunts, but it’s actually a matter of saying my piece instead of having it die off before anyone really cares to see it.

([ *O.C.B.* ] Wildcard) #29

@Xenithos said:
I would jokingly say i like to give him Easter egg hunts, but it’s actually a matter of saying my piece instead of having it die off before anyone really cares to see it.

I know the feeling, but I can’t resist making snarky remarks where I can either; it’s part of who I am, so expect it from me because I always come along to make one eventually. :stuck_out_tongue:

(Xenithos) #30

Oh I expect one sister. Snark away, but remember that those who are prepared to snark, must also be prepared to BE SNARKED.

(TheStrangerous) #31

Say, is there any way we can compare snipers to other multiplayer shooter?
A good example would be a start…

Like Wolf ET? How were snipers like, back in the precursor? Or maybe 2005 battlefront 2? Really hard to compare DB into something else…

(GatoCommodore) #32

@TheStrangerous said:
Say, is there any way we can compare snipers to other multiplayer shooter?
A good example would be a start…

Like Wolf ET? How were snipers like, back in the precursor? Or maybe 2005 battlefront 2? Really hard to compare DB into something else…

one of a kind really.
like warthunder

you cant really compare warthunder to world of tanks or world of warplanes because warthunder is just better

(fryszopen) #33

Before the changes spark was just underpowered. Now with the recent changes she’s just straight up bad. Her revifle got nerfed, the MPs, the medpacks. Then wtf am I supposed to do if im playing sparks, just wait to someone dies to revive them and that’s all?! Thats fucking boring.

(Xenithos) #34

@fryszopen said:
Before the changes spark was just underpowered. Now with the recent changes she’s just straight up bad. Her revifle got nerfed, the MPs, the medpacks. Then wtf am I supposed to do if im playing sparks, just wait to someone dies to revive them and that’s all?! Thats @$!# boring.

I wouldn’t have said boring, and I wouldn’t have said bad, but I definitely say it doesn’t feel as rewarding or awesome as it used to. I don’t like being everyone’s personal attendant.

(SiwaonaDaphnewen) #35

Hello.

Current magnums are way better than MPs and surely much more rewarding. The Vassili with good aim will surely make full use of those 72 dmg head shots.

Though the reason I’d use magnum over MP is general utility of load out card and not just secondary weapon. That’s why I prefer F91 over other Vassili Fel-ix load outs or KE53 over other Proxy Hochfir load outs; I wouldn’t take any of Fletcher’s Simeon load outs for same reason. This is how load out system affects the weapon balance and this is where SD failed … twice.

This is normal when Proxy or Vassili rack headshots with magnums, but this is not normal when Sparks switches to pistol instead of MP to kill damaged opponent.

I do believe MPs were meant as something between primary and secondary but it is sad they were nerfed to level of simple secondary.

I think SD could nerf to effective DPS of these guns (instead of direct DPS nerf) by increacing recoil from light/very light to moderate/light and increacing the spread. So the MP would not be worse SMG, but be same SMG if…
1)… you can control it
2)… you can use rely on bursts (rather than dumb tap LMB and lay half shots into air)
This would make MPs worth guns at certain amount of aim and practice which is a case for Magnums and not the case for current MPs.

(Xenithos) #36

@SiwaonaDaphnewen said:
Hello.
v54 :slight_smile:
Current magnums are way better than MPs and surely much more rewarding. The Vassili with good aim will surely make full use of those 72 dmg head shots.
After some redoing of math and looking through posts, I think they’ve actually changed the damage down to 68 on a headshot and 34 on a body shot, so I was wrong in what I said earlier about the dmg per headshot, but not about being able to kill everyone 130hp or less with two clicks. That’s still accurate.

I agree with everything you said and like it :slight_smile: Just wanna be accurate myself.

(Ptiloui) #37

@fryszopen said:
Before the changes spark was just underpowered. Now with the recent changes she’s just straight up bad. Her revifle got nerfed, the MPs, the medpacks. Then wtf am I supposed to do if im playing sparks, just wait to someone dies to revive them and that’s all?! Thats @$!# boring.

Boring ? Well, if you’re the only medic, it will be waaaay far from boring. It will be intense :smiley: I recently had a SW match on Castle while being the only medic, top scored, the enemy didn’t even manage to repair the EV, it drained me lol.

But if there are one or more other good medics (especially Aura) you’ll surely feel useless.

(Xenithos) #38

@Ptiloui said:

@fryszopen said:

Boring ? Well, if you’re the only medic, it will be waaaay far from boring. It will be intense :smiley: I recently had a SW match on Castle while being the only medic, top scored, the enemy didn’t even manage to repair the EV, it drained me lol.

But if there are one or more other good medics (especially Aura) you’ll surely feel useless.

Yeah… that’s pretty much how you’d feel as any medic though. :stuck_out_tongue:

(SiwaonaDaphnewen) #39

@Ptiloui said:

Staying back reviving downed team mates and try to put some headshots via REVIVR from time to time. That reminds me about TF2 medic which is counted as most boring medic implementation.

(Ptiloui) #40

@SiwaonaDaphnewen said:

@Ptiloui said:

Staying back reviving downed team mates and try to put some headshots via REVIVR from time to time. That reminds me about TF2 medic which is counted as most boring medic implementation.

That’s why Dirty Bomb is better in that case because we have multiple medics each with his own gameplay. If you don’t like being ONLY a support, you can play Sawbonez or Phoenix, even though nothing prevent Sparks from being on the frontline with teammates, especially now that her medpacks are more powerful to teammates. In a fight, they help them enough to make a difference.