Is water posible

(carnage) #1

i am not a d3 mapper so havent tred the mapping stuff for it yet but i plan to switch to d3 mapping soon

i played through the sp game and never noticed any water, is it posible to make water that is swimable in d3?

(nUllSkillZ) #2

I’ve found a german tutorial about this theme:
http://www.level-designer.de/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=1957&Itemid=27

(carnage) #3

well from what i can mnake out from my very poor german that extends to no more than a few swear words

the picktures show,
that the water is created and the script for the texture does the bluring and the texture water looks witch by thoes screenshots is exelent,

but the texture has no damage that it does automaticaly by being inside it or stop your oxjen suply so they used a triger hurs whitch would take damage as soon as you steped in the water

and the physics are not effected so there is no swiming

is it posible to use the same entity that makes it no oxygen on the martian surfaces under the water but somehoe make it so it does not extend outside without blocking the players view

i am even more interested about this now as i have been playing half life through for the 1st time and there are some realy atmospheric under water bits, and with this engine it could realy give some effect