Is Vert's "Rahdo Thread" a little unwell at the moment? :)

(dazman76) #1

Hi all,

The forums seem to be working fine, and yet I cannot access the thread Vert started. I see it’s active, and had a new post around an hour ago - but when I try to open that thread, the server basically sends no data back to the browser at all. Back to the forum list, test a few other threads, everything working fine. Back to Vert’s thread, still no dice.

Gremlin invasion maybe, or is the overweight and unfit vBulletin protesting at the number of replies in there? Broken mem-caching maybe? :slight_smile: It’s such a slow, ponderous beast at the best of times, I guess it does have limits. Even scrolling pages in Firefox is woeful compared to something like phpBB.

(light_sh4v0r) #2

lol, I just read the last posts, works fine for me.

-edit- you’re right, it hangs when trying to open it now :confused:

-edit2- saving the previous edit took a minute :confused: :confused:

-edit3- Just checked, it’s far from the biggest topic yet. There’s topics with over 1200 replies so that can’t be it.

(FireWorks) #3

The straight 21700 views is suspicious ^^

(light_sh4v0r) #4

That’s not the biggest either, the ‘in the news’ topic by Retsy has 68,811

(Smooth) #5

There’s something sinister lurking on page 33, all of the other pages are fine.

(murka) #6

Page 16 loaded fine, but the last page, 17 only displays a blank page

(digibob) #7

There is no page 33, but Last Page takes you there. :iiam:

(FireWorks) #8

That happens every once in a while! Especially with SD posts in thread.

Some SD posts appear a lot later then the thread gets its tag (“sd posted here!”). They are chronologically correctly fitted in thought. Some statements need to be approved i guess.

But you get usually retransfered to the previous page.

(badman) #9

Just rebuilt all of the thread information for the forums - this seems to have fixed the Rahdo thread. Fair few deleted posts in there, which I’m guessing caused the discrepancy.

(Smoochy) #10

works fine now, cheers badman :slight_smile:

(dazman76) #11

Nice work badman, cheers for the update :slight_smile:

(Verticae) #12

If by ‘unwell’ you mean ‘suffering from stomach acid due to internet toughguyz’, I’d say so. >.>

(BiigDaddyDellta) #13

Wow so many devs all at once lol, always showing up right when you need them

(dazman76) #14

“The thread” seems to have died again, on page 37 :slight_smile: Just getting a blank page after a long pause, and the previous pages still seem to be accessible.

(light_sh4v0r) #15

And again, I just read all of it a few minutes before you made your post… It’s not because of me is it :confused:
-edit- and also again, saving an edit takes ages, seems related because normally it saves just fine.

(.Chris.) #16

Looks like I broke it this time :slight_smile:

(dazman76) #17

I did think it would be one of you guys! :smiley: Menaces.

(badman) #18

It may be time to retire the grand lady and make a new thread entirely… will keep an eye on her and see how she does.

(dazman76) #19

I’m afraid it looks like the problem is spreading… I just tried to open another thread, and I’m getting the same problem. Using FF, I can see that the request is made for the page, but the web server never returns a response to the browser. Checking other threads confirms that the problem is isolated, as they work fine and load quickly as expected. Here’s the link in question, copied from the “view latest post” link next to the poster’s name. It’s only 4 pages long at the moment :frowning: As before, pages prior to the last one are loading fine still. it’s the "Brink dev says launch was rough, game found success on PC " thread, in Brink General.

http://www.splashdamage.com/forums/showthread.php?p=370789#post370789