Is there any game you miss a lot and why?

(TitaniumRapture) #1

For me it is FPS called Loadout. Devs have abandoned it years ago (probably due low player base) and moved to PS4 version.

It had the most unique weapon customization i have ever seen. Healing / boosting rocket launcher, healing / boosting sniper rifle, healing / boosting grenades and a lot more, guided rockets, different types of projectiles in general. Even their mods were improved. For example their version of CTF had big ass hammer instead of flag and you could instakill anybody with that in close combat. There was even amazing art style, the gore… oh my god. Less frustration, less tryhards… Sadly it was losing players quite fast after release, dunno why. It is still on steam but kinda dead.

(TheStrangerous) #2

That one cowboy game, which is #1 most requested PC port in all these top 10 lists, which never happened.

Pretty self explanatory.

RIP
Buried in coffins called “console exclusivity”.

Talk about preserving legacy and longevity for future generations.

Loadout was amazing and I wish it was still active too. The game I miss most, though? Call of Duty 4. Yep, I mean it. I refuse to touch that remake and the original is nowhere near as active as it used to be. Even the ProMod community has died off a lot. Say what you want about the franchise and Activision, but CoD4 will forever stand as one of the greatest and most influential games in the genre.

I do miss the good ol’ days of LANS and classics in their primes like Quake, UT, Halo 2/3, Streetfighter, MK, Goldeneye, Enemy Territory, Tribes, and so on. I’d probably get hit with that nostalgia wave on those like I do with Modern Warfare if I wasn’t complete trash at Quake-esque games nowadays. I don’t know what happened, but I completely lost my touch for them. My glory days have passed; probably too old now. :smiley:

(GatoCommodore) #4

this

Just remembered this gem. Spent so many hours with my little brothers playin’ this game when we were younger. All of the Conker games were vulgar and hilarious.

(TheStrangerous) #6

Oh right, the Jak and Daxter series… great times. Back when there wasn’t any dominating genre, there was enough variety to please each niche group, in bigger budget titles. The marvelous 6th gen consoles…

(GatoCommodore) #7

@Wintergreen said:

Just remembered this gem. Spent so many hours with my little brothers playin’ this game when we were younger. All of the Conker games were vulgar and hilarious.

i cant imagine conker gets a 2017 releases

(Chilled Sanity) #8

THIS. FUCK YOU EA YOU COCKMONGLERS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

AND NO TIBERIAN TWILIGHT DOESNT FUCKING COUNT

(Chilled Sanity) #9

@LoafOfBread said:

THIS. @$!# YOU EA YOU COCKMONGLERS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

AND NO TIBERIAN TWILIGHT DOESNT @$!# COUNT

AND PEOPLE FUCKING THOUGHT RED ALERT 3 WAS SHIT

THINK AGAIN FUCKERS

HERETICAL TANTRUM

(Dr_Plantboss) #10

I miss the original Plants vs. Zombies. It’s where I got my IGN in everything, and it was a really fun game.

OH WAIT IT’S SINGLEPLAYER!

I gotta go play this now see ya’lls when I’m dead and buried…

(watsyurdeal) #11

I miss TF2, not the version nowadays, but the original, the point right after the Engineer update. Where every class got their update and everything was fine. Had Valve just release a few new weapons at a time and fix core problems with the classes rather than band aiding specific problems, the game would have been fine. But nope, ADD ALL DA HATS AND UNLOCKS YOU CAN.

Now the game is a mess

(foo_) #12

I miss Dirty Bomb. It’s been just my type of game; not perfect, maybe, but all the elements I love: really fast, team-based objective gameplay. And it has been continously improved over time.