Is the march's 1.0 release still possible?

(TheStrangerous) #1

I am aware they DID say “1st half of 2018”.

Yes, it’s old news, but just wanted to bring it up, since at the time of this post, it’s march?

(Press E) #2

I really hope they don’t rush it tbh. You only get one first release, and if the game still isn’t in the position you want it to be in by then, it makes a pretty poor first impression on new users.

(henki000) #3

I was expecting they would release in November/July (at the latest before winter break). Dont know where that hallucination came from. Perhaps because of recent delays and reform projects. Just like Rome, DB wasnt built in a day. And when it’s complete, all the routes should lead to Dirty Bomb.

I’m certain it’s off the table for this month. As already mentioned the first impression plays a huge factor in the likelihood if a new player continues to play the game or turns their back against it and that is something that should be as good as humanly possible. There is still quite some polishing to do, the famous black holes that you are sucked into whenever you touch the EV should definitely be looked into. We’re getting there though, slow but steady. :slight_smile:

(Porkchopiya) #5

i hope they fix phantom or remove him before 1.0 official release. Phantom RUIN the game…

(GatoCommodore) #6

@Porkchopiya said:
i hope they fix phantom or remove him before 1.0 official release. Phantom RUIN the game…

it does ruin the experience for newbies

(Porkchopiya) #7

soon the Dirty Bomb 1.0 they categorized as Hack and Slash game not Shooting/FPS… stupid idea why phantom get buff they listen to all KIDS requesting for rework.

(Muddy Muddy Mud Nade) #8

Sometimes I forget this game is even in Open Beta, considering how long it’s been in it. I honestly don’t care how long it takes for them to release 1.0, at this point, as long as they do it right.

(geefunkster) #9

Given they haven’t reverted or fixed Phantom in ten days of unfair brokenness, Proxy is still throwing insta-nukes and I still warp around the EV like Sandra Bullock does the ship in Gravity, I’m gonna guess not.

(Splicerrr) #10

@STARRYSOCK said:
I really hope they don’t rush it tbh. You only get one first release, and if the game still isn’t in the position you want it to be in by then, it makes a pretty poor first impression on new users.

Thats what happened with Battlefield 4… But luckily somehow it came back after they fixed ALOT of bugs, and added more new content which brought players back. It’s known for the WORST release in gaming history.

(Diosito) #11

I’m pretty sure the 1.0 release will “work as intended:stuck_out_tongue: :3

EDIT: It was supposed to be a joke, but the more I reread it, the more real it feels.
I’m already scared about the 1.0 release :expressionless: :#

It would be fun to have a week or weekend event with an old and buggy DB build and no augments default cards as a reward (before the 1.0 release) for those who have waited since Alpha/early Closed Beta times for the release. :slight_smile:

Abbadon

Abaddon

(Press E) #12

@Splicerrr said:

@STARRYSOCK said:

Thats what happened with Battlefield 4… But luckily somehow it came back after they fixed ALOT of bugs, and added more new content which brought players back. It’s known for the WORST release in gaming history.

And that’s a game franchise that already had a massive following. If the same happened to DB, things would probably be a lot worse

(blufflord) #13

Well Shoe said in one of the ask the dev videos that release would be in the first half of 2018. So i guess we have atleast june to wait for.

(ThePigVomit) #14

Im putting my money on the end of May, they want it out before school releases for the summer

(Mc1412013) #15

I doubt it i dont think its ready yet i wouldnt consider it ready till they fix the f!@#$% ev glitch and dissapearing moltovs

([ *O.C.B.* ] Wildcard) #16

@Splicerrr said:

@STARRYSOCK said:

Really now? I would’ve given Destiny that honor; I mean really, a $500,000,000 budget to work with during development and it still delivered a mediocre gaming experience at launch? It’s flat out disgusting how well it sold purely off of Bungie Games’ reputation alone, as opposed to the actual quality of the experience it offered the consumer; the fact that such a high budget production would result in the pile-of-crap presented at launch is inexcusable, and no amount of later improvements makes up for that (and this is coming from me as both a fellow Gamer and a Developer). So yeah, I’d have to agree with @STARRYSOCK when they say they hope Splash Damage doesn’t release it until it’s ready. If there’s anything I would stress, coming from personal experience, it’s that you never get a second chance at your first impression on release. Sometimes the damage caused by a bad launch is irreparable, such was the case with Destiny, and I don’t want to see Dirty Bomb go down that path.

(ThunderZsolt) #17

@-OCB-Wildcard BF4 wasn’t mediocre, it was straight unplayable.

Kill trades happened literally every 2nd firefight, projectiles disappearing, server crashing, holes on the maps - whatever you can imagine that should be fixed during beta testing.

It was so bad, that I’ve decided to never pre-order any game again.

(Chris Mullins) #18

1.0 won’t be in March. This was written a while back and, well, you know we’ve had a delay or two. It’ll still happen in the first half of this year though!

(TheStrangerous) #19

@stayfreshshoe said:
1.0 won’t be in March. This was written a while back and, well, you know we’ve had a delay or two. It’ll still happen in the first half of this year though!

A CANON CONFIRMATION! GREAT!

@Eox You can lock this thread in the Didney vault!

(Eox) #20

Aye.