Is Rhino at a Good Spot?

(Arcaino1013) #21

I really dont know im awfull playing him but some really good rhinos are deadly af so i think ist ok as he is but pls dont let him in merc Rotation its a disaster to see the newbies playing him

(Da_Mummy) #22

@TheStrangerous said:
Clearly they were inspired by TF2 heavy.
BAD IDEA

Well if they want a full on TF2 heavy why not make his Minigun ammo based instead of cooldown based (not gonna be making firends today am I). I know it Sounds op at first but think about it. He would need more than just his Aura boyfriend to keep him going and even if he has a Kira or whatever fire Support he would be tied to a certain area and would be even easier to predict and eliminate.

(spectre_nc) #23

I wonder how many of you have played Rhino for a relatively long period of time (not accusing). 5 games aren’t enough, 10 and you start to get creative with the strategies and by 15 you get that he’s more a fat TF2 scout than a TF2 heavy. With the recent shotguns rework he is deadlier than he used to be, and can work relatively well (at least in pubs) if your shotgun and revolver game is on point. People think of him as a large target but it is surprisingly difficult to headshot or land consecutive hits on a dodging Rhino than most people give him credit for.

That is while using is primary and secondary weapons of course, his ability is an ability and just like a good Nader uses the launcher on specific occasions so a good Rhino uses the Minigun when he is certain it will have a dramatic effect on the enemy team.

Opinion part
His ONLY limiting factor right now from being played more seriously are the shotguns, just like the effectiveness of Fletcher is limited by having only the Blishlok (which isn’t a bad gun but harder to use and less effective up close). If he had access just to the Hochfir, he would be pretty scary even on Attack.