Is Dirty Bomb Rated for Mature or Teenage Audience?

(GatoCommodore) #1

Because lately i kept hearing kids voices on voice chat

(everlovestruck) #2

My guess is there’s no rating atm because the game is yet to see its official release

(Ptiloui) #3

I voted T because i don’t see why it would get a M rating : no harsh/strong words, little to no blood (except body parts with some explosions). In Europe, we have the PEGI system that will probably rate it for 16+.
Then i checked CS:GO rating and it’s rated M (16+ with PEGI). While Overwatch or Paladins are rated for 12+ (with the PEGI system).

(Guziol) #4

I voted for what i wish the rating was. Screw ( figuratively ) everybody younger than me.

(martha_smith) #5

this voting is wrong , Dirty bomb is for everyone , from old man to young kids , everyone has the right to play dirty bomb with full freedom.

(TheStrangerous) #6

MEH, might as well be T.

Seriously, in many religions we hear stories of incest, crucifications, torture, decapitations, and all other calamities, SINCE TODDLER YEARS.
Oh, and various mythologies in school, also tons of debauchery and sick stuff, which makes Berserk looks tame.

(Press E) #7

I don’t know what the full legal definitions are, but the worst content in this game are a couple swear words and unrealistic blood effects. I don’t see why that would warrant a mature rating, because as far as I know that’s reserved for sexual content and the like.

(Chris Mullins) #8

iirc a game that isn’t boxed and only has multiplayer doesn’t need an official rating.

(GatoCommodore) #9

and the best of them all is DB is not sexually suggestive like overwatch.
but that is also the downside of this game since people arent making lewds and stuff that will passively promote or market this game.

(B_Montiel) #10

@stayfreshshoe said:
iirc a game that isn’t boxed and only has multiplayer doesn’t need an official rating.

Multiplayer experience, a synonym for savage. Definitely M for mature

@GatoCommodore said:
and the best of them all is DB is not sexually suggestive like overwatch.
but that is also the downside of this game since people arent making lewds and stuff that will passively promote or market this game.

M for mature once again. Oh DUDE !

(GatoCommodore) #11

that one guy who disagrees at my question.

(bgyoshi) #12

Pretty sure the F bombs make it automatically M (which is 17+ btw) from the ESRB

@GatoCommodore said:
that one guy who disagrees at my question.

Because fuck you, duh

(Muddy Muddy Mud Nade) #13

Haha look at me I made a funny.
IIRC there are some packaging subtexts that say something like “Online Experiences not Rated by the ESRB”, so maybe that’s what Dirty Bomb falls under.

(Teflon Love) #14

@stayfreshshoe said:

I thought all the current ratings are voluntarily. The gaming industry added them themselves before any laws forced them to do under terms that are harder to influence. Some shops might decide though not to sell games with certain or no ratings, but again, that’s up to them and not part of any law.

(ImSploosh) #15

Mature for sure.

Trick or treat mothafucka

EDIT: ^Apparently that doesn’t get censored. Odd.

(GatoCommodore) #16

@ImSploosh said:
Mature for sure.

Trick or treat mothafucka

EDIT: ^Apparently that doesn’t get censored. Odd.

if It were me it would be censored real fast

(Da_Mummy) #17

Well CS is rated 16+ (were have different ratings in Germany) and guess what you’re get 90% of the time.
If Steam actually gave a real poop about their age restrictions it would matter.

(Xenithos) #18

@teflonlove said:

@stayfreshshoe said:
I thought all the current ratings are voluntarily. The gaming industry added them themselves before any laws forced them to do under terms that are harder to influence. Some shops might decide though not to sell games with certain or no ratings, but again, that’s up to them and not part of any law.
I believe shoe is very close to correct. If the game has no boxed sales with only a multiplayer experience then it doesn’t need an esrb rating. I would personally put the game at 16-18+ specifically because of the frequent use of swearing (it IS frequent enough to hear the F word more than twice a match. Especially if Javelin is in it.)
Overwatch has ratings because it had box sales, and it’s rated teen because the last time I checked there was close to Zero swearing and absolutely no hard swearing and the game was given cartoon violence. So T. DB isn’t the same, and as someone above said earlier, online multiplayer experience isn’t ratable because one person can ruin it for everyone, etc, instantly mature in audience eyes that recognize online aspects.

(GatoCommodore) #19

@Xenithos said:

@teflonlove said:

@stayfreshshoe said:
I believe shoe is very close to correct. If the game has no boxed sales with only a multiplayer experience then it doesn’t need an esrb rating. I would personally put the game at 16-18+ specifically because of the frequent use of swearing (it IS frequent enough to hear the F word more than twice a match. Especially if Javelin is in it.)
Overwatch has ratings because it had box sales, and it’s rated teen because the last time I checked there was close to Zero swearing and absolutely no hard swearing and the game was given cartoon violence. So T. DB isn’t the same, and as someone above said earlier, online multiplayer experience isn’t ratable because one person can ruin it for everyone, etc, instantly mature in audience eyes that recognize online aspects.

Sexually suggestive is okay but swearing is a nono
wow 2018.

(TheStrangerous) #20

You know what bugs me?

I CLEARLY remember Shrek on TV with green symbol (means all ages can watch it), however over the recent years it’s gotten 12+…