Is credits income still too low?

(Rodolfosaurio) #1

I’m pretty sure I got more credits with misions system than with contracts one, and with much less effort. Even using a credit booster (which feels mandatory these days) and playing more games than before, I can’t grind the same amount. I’m a bit confused since they said this system would benefit us in some way.

(Peravel) #2

I mean yeah, missions have given you more credits. But I think all in all you should get about as much credits now as you’ve earned before. The base fee has gotten much higher and sometimes you happen to make use of the Consecutive Match Bonus, which is nice too. What I really like about the new contract system is that I’m not dictated to play a certain merc anymore, which was the reason behind the new system anyway. Plus, I tended to play only for completing the missions and then closed the game until the new set of missions got activated because without completing missions you basically earned nothing. It was a drag and I hated that system.

That said, I feel like they should still cut the requirements for unlocking contracts. Especially the third one always seems like a drag to me and I often tend to just ignore it and roll for new contracts.

(Press E) #3

Everything in DB is overpriced, no exceptions from what I’ve seen. Even before contracts it wasn’t great. Contracts are pretty bad too though, especially people who don’t really play DB that much. And having exponential requirement levels is just stupid and makes contracts feel extremely grindy and unsatisfying to complete, when the first two take only 1 or 2 matches, and the 3rd takes 3 or 4.

(FireWorks) #4

The last contract is worth 1500 credits, 1000+500 for completing all. Yes, it is a strong requirement usually but its also paying pretty well.

After getting used to the new system, I gotta say I enjoy it more, since i simply play when I like to and dont grind missions anymore as Peravel discribed. All in all I even play more than I did before even though Id love a proper target to grind for.

(Jigstraw) #5

I personally preferred missions over these contracts. I earned significantly more credits in significantly less playtime on the old system, and actually enjoyed the “play a few matches and take a break until the next mission cycle” rhythm because it introduced natural points to take a break and go do other things. It also helped keep the game from getting too stale and me from getting too frustrated.

I also have to say the new system had the opposite effect on me. I play even less now than I did before.

(Mc1412013) #6

Takes me at least 3or 4 days to complete i dont have an entire day to play some times the contract requires so much xp that i end up reroling hopeing to get a better co tract

(binderr) #7

If they really wanted to remove mercs from the missions that was forcing player to play them, they could’ve done so. Just had to remove merc names and keep the missions and as it; objective/gamexp/combat xp/or whatever!!

Why they went all out to invent a whole new retarted contract system is beyond me. could’ve just removed the 3 hours mission timer and let players complete missions for as long as they play the game. hell if they’d done that, ide play 24/7. :smiley:

Before contracts, mission requirements were far lower compare to now, its like night and day! You’re grinding away missions two to three times longer for same reward. I can’t even be arsed to complete missions anymore. This game has gone down the sh!t hole.
Why else would players continue to leave ever after major content/dlc and optimization updates? Gamers are not stupid, devs have continued to remove/reduce in-game rewards and placed it with overprice dlcs/ premium currency. So you can play lotto! yes gamble away with rng jesus for that shiny you really want! Sad!

(Szakalot) #8

it would definitely be nice if 90% of the workload dedicated to ever newer iterations of credits/rads/skins/loadouts etc. etc. would go to other parts of the game.

The one thing that sees constant updates is the bling n credits system. Not so much for the bugs n balance - you know, the things that actually affect your gameplay experience.